User Tag List

First 31717980818283 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I feel that intensely; ouch. Is there no doing right by you or making you feel understood? How about something warm to warm you up like hot cocoa or hot blackberry cobbler?
    It is hard to make someone else feel understood when you do not really understand them, and want to insist that your own perspective is "the best" or "the only truth".

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    I was at a bible study once when I was new to a church. The mormon's came to the door and the host invited them in to sit with us. That was fun.
    I worked with someone who grew up in the Soviet system. After he had moved to the west, Christian missionaries (not sure what kind) came by his apartment. He invited them in, let them go through their spiel, then bombarded them with all the Communist propaganda he had learned growing up. He didn't believe any of it, but wanted to make sure the missionaries would never return.

One of the best responses to missionaries by Pagans: "Come in! This is perfect timing. The rest of my coven will be here in 15 minutes."
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I worked with someone who grew up in the Soviet system. After he had moved to the west, Christian missionaries (not sure what kind) came by his apartment. He invited them in, let them go through their spiel, then bombarded them with all the Communist propaganda he had learned growing up. He didn't believe any of it, but wanted to make sure the missionaries would never return.

One of the best responses to missionaries by Pagans: "Come in! This is perfect timing. The rest of my coven will be here in 15 minutes."
    I hate those door to door "buy my faith for a low low price people" They need to learn that if they aren't pushing thin mints, they don't need to touch my door.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    I hate those door to door "buy my faith for a low low price people" They need to learn that if they aren't pushing thin mints, they don't need to touch my door.

Well-intended in their minds or not, the door-to-door peddling is extremely invasive, and, completely unnecessary in this age. Some may argue that the face-to-face interaction in the present moment has merit, but showing up to most people's homes uninvited to impose your beliefs upon them will usually end with someone yessing you to death and closing the door with a sigh of relief. Or being told that you'll be charged with harassment/trespassing if you show up again.

We're all pretty aware of "The Good News," now. If we wanna find out more, we'll come to you.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Me either, lil puppy.
    Welp, find me one and I'll be there. I have problems in my real life with being way too harsh and cold with people's beliefs... Especially political, I can't fucking stand conservative values.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Well-intended in their minds or not, the door-to-door peddling is extremely invasive, and, completely unnecessary in this age. Some may argue that the face-to-face interaction in the present moment has merit, but showing up to most people's homes uninvited to impose your beliefs upon them will usually end with someone yessing you to death and closing the door with a sigh of relief. Or being told that you'll be charged with harassment/trespassing if you show up again.

We're all pretty aware of "The Good News," now. If we wanna find out more, we'll come to you.
    that's racist against the people who live under rocks, though they're probably dead rocks are heavy probably suffocated them, but you know maybe if zombies were christian we'd have less to worry about them eating our brains, just an idea
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    maybe if zombies were christian we'd have less to worry about them eating our brains, just an idea

Well.. their leader rose from the grave & hung out for a bit before the ascension or whatever, right?

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    John 6:54

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Likes Obsidius, prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Well.. their leader rose from the grave & hung out for a bit before the ascension or whatever, right?

yeah but zombies are hipsters so they can't be friends with jesus, even though he does provide our vegetables from mexico
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I would be far more tolerant of these folks and their right to go door-to-door if they would simply take "no" for an answer and move on to the next prospect.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I would be far more tolerant of these folks and their right to go door-to-door if they would simply take "no" for an answer and move on to the next prospect.
    Yeah, it's the repeat visits and the persistence often demonstrated upon that first visit. Those tense moments on the porch when you just want to shut the door and move along with your life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah but zombies are hipsters so they can't be friends with jesus, even though he does provide our vegetables from mexico
    I changed the photo. He feeds us with his body, I thought.. Now I'm confused.

MBTI
    yupp

I changed the photo. He feeds us with his body, I thought.. Now I'm confused.
    you need veggies and meat, he wants us to have complete nutrition
    In no likes experiment.

that is all