User Tag List

First 30707879808182 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You forgive me? LMAO. That's quaint.

Sorry, but I don't care. I stand by every word I said. I also don't want your love or sympathy. Intention doesn't matter here.
    I feel that intensely; ouch. Is there no doing right by you or making you feel understood? How about something warm to warm you up like hot cocoa or hot blackberry cobbler?

I enjoy a friendly debate with the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that stop by. I invite them in for tea. I give them a hard time. I crack jokes. We laugh. There's no harm in that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Dances With Words is on the prowl. Watch yo step.
    Haha BadOctopus said something about being too nice to be an INTJ... Well, she hasn't seen me in a debate about religious, politics or philosophy yet And yes, always prowlin' XD
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I feel that intensely; ouch. Is there no doing right by you or making you feel understood? How about something warm to warm you up like hot cocoa or hot blackberry cobbler?
    Look, we're extremely different. You're values and mine are incompatible. Further, by my nature I am very "us versus them" and do not associate or take well to individuals that I see as problematic or harmful to the world. Your constant desire to "make amends" just pushes me further. Anyone that does that to me gets that sort of response. I don't see you as reasonable or fair with your views. It's also quite clear that you do not have the capacity to be critical with them either and because of it is impossible to really have any sort of meaningful discussion or find a sort of middle ground.

I believe you recognize that as well, and respond by saying "ok, we'll ignore the issues and just be nice". I don't work like that. While it might actually be genuine and coming from the heart for you, it doesn't seem like that for me, and as such I will respond very poorly to it.

At the very least, I hope you'll understand that excessive or vapid kindness/love is not always appreciated by people. Sometimes, it can go so far as to make it worse.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I enjoy a friendly debate with the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that stop by. I invite them in for tea. I give them a hard time. I crack jokes. We laugh. There's no harm in that.
    See, I don't do this sort of shit (sorry for such a strong word here, but I struggle to find another). I could never do such a thing. Why because it is SO incredibly dishonest. Unless intention is made clear at the premise of course, but even then I couldn't do such a thing.

Here's why. Right from the get go, I don't agree with them at all. Not even a little. I actually view this religious views as harmful (In particular Jehovah's Witnesses). Why on earth would I invite someone in my home, be all "nicey nice" to them, only to hold them figuratively captive, grill their views that the clearly will not change, and then have to sit back and listen to their drivel that will only proceed to anger me? The harm I see in it is taking advantage of their naïvety to try and "convert" them or show them the error of their ways under the guize of being "nice". It's so deceitful and I could never do such a thing.

I understand why others do it but just... nope. no. It breaks FAR too many of my rules to do it. When someone approaches me with this sort of stuff in public I just make a quick condensed comment that makes it clear that I don't agree with them, I see them as wrong, and that I very much wish they would stop doing what they do and believing what they believe. I then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Look, we're extremely different. You're values and mine are incompatible. Further, by my nature I am very "us versus them" and do not associate or take well to individuals that I see as problematic or harmful to the world. Your constant desire to "make amends" just pushes me further. Anyone that does that to me gets that sort of response. I don't see you as reasonable or fair with your views. It's also quite clear that you do not have the capacity to be critical with them either and because of it is impossible to really have any sort of meaningful discussion or find a sort of middle ground.

I believe you recognize that as well, and respond by saying "ok, we'll ignore the issues and just be nice". I don't work like that. While it might actually be genuine and coming from the heart for you, it doesn't seem like that for me, and as such I will respond very poorly to it.

At the very least, I hope you'll understand that excessive or vapid kindness/love is not always appreciated by people. Sometimes, it can go so far as to make it worse.
    I understand where you're coming from.

I don't know if you realize it, but nearly all of my posts in this thread were paraphrased or skewed in a way that was berating. If that's how my vapid kindness makes you feel, for goodness sake, I am sorry.

For what it's worth, when you approached me and replied to my first post to the thread with some intensity, I thought you were reaching out for my help to solve a problem. I naturally assume people want to return to a happy state because that's how I am, so I tried to do that. Next time, I won't do that.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I understand where you're coming from.

I don't know if you realize it, but nearly all of my posts in this thread were paraphrased or skewed in a way that was berating. If that's how my vapid kindness makes you feel, for goodness sake, I am sorry.

For what it's worth, when you approached me and replied to my first post to the thread with some intensity, I thought you were reaching out for my help to solve a problem. I naturally assume people want to return to a happy state because that's how I am, so I tried to do that. Next time, I won't do that.
    The bolded is the crux of this. I wasn't, and most people don't either. I'm very blunt and direct so I say if I want or don't want help of sorts. Assumptions in these sorts of matters don't always work.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I was at a bible study once when I was new to a church. The mormon's came to the door and the host invited them in to sit with us. That was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Haha BadOctopus said something about being too nice to be an INTJ... Well, she hasn't seen me in a debate about religious, politics or philosophy yet
    Me either, lil puppy.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    This seems like an abusive and unhealthy relationship, and I'm reading it as if a script from a domestic abuse scenario. "You're worthless, but look, look how I continue to love you even if you're not worth loving!"

Sends chills down my spine, and actually does make me sad for you. I genuinely mean that. I hope you see yourself as more than that.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.