User Tag List

First 29697778798081 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I'll have to pay more attention; I wasn't paying attention. I'm from Texas!
    A very good idea.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I'll have to pay more attention; I wasn't paying attention. I'm from Texas!
    I just read this page and it's pretty clear to me that this explains everything. It seems as though you're trying to be 'ironic' with this comment...but it really hits the nail on the head.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I just read this page and it's pretty clear to me that this explains everything. It seems as though you're trying to be 'ironic' with this comment...but it really hits the nail on the head.
    I'm being myself: beautiful and worthless. And that's okay because I love me and God loves me. God bless you.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I'm being myself: beautiful and worthless. And that's okay because I love me and God loves me. God bless you.
    So you are worth nothing to God, and yet God loves you? Do explain
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    So you are worth nothing to God, and yet God loves you? Do explain
    No. I feel emotional like I'm about to cry, so I can't explain now. I have to find the exit. Good night.
    Last edited by LonestarCowgirl; 01-10-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: I am not worthless to God. Misread question.

Yes. I feel emotional like I'm about to cry, so I can't explain now. I have to find the exit. Good night.
    This seems like an abusive and unhealthy relationship, and I'm reading it as if a script from a domestic abuse scenario. "You're worthless, but look, look how I continue to love you even if you're not worth loving!"

Sends chills down my spine, and actually does make me sad for you. I genuinely mean that. I hope you see yourself as more than that.
    Likes ReadingRainbows, Hard liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

God demands obedience. He always love, but He demands obedience.

He especially has no tolerance for presumptuous sin, meaning sin that someone consciously commits, even while knowing it is wrong.

God will not interact much with presumptuous sinners because they are so far removed from listening to Him, that He knows there is no point. He will still try to catch their attention maybe, and draw them in, to Him, but if they keep turning a deaf ear to Him, He will respect that, and leave them alone, as they wish.

However, He always loves and He always listens. Our task is to humble ourselves. This soften us. It is only when we are softened that we can have the humility to submit to our Lord and Master, Yahweh ALHYM. And then (ironically for some), this is when your life will explode with happiness and peace.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    This seems like an abusive and unhealthy relationship, and I'm reading it as if a script from a domestic abuse scenario. "
    @Hard and Qre:us: Y'all hurt me. I've been abused my whole life, but I'm not a victim, nor do I want to make you victims. From the moment I entered this thread, I felt God's love and compassion for you. I know you're hurting, but I am not someone that bullied you in the past. I am a true friend who loves you as well as the missionaries and the people on this forum that bully you (and me) and that you may deeply dislike. You may have seen me defend them in another thread and maybe that was offensive to you; as a result, you have it out for me. Please understand, I had pure intentions of helping them become kinder, gentler, well adjusted people, which ultimately helps you (in the long run). Bullies typically hurt people because they themselves are hurting and have fears of losing control. I've learned in life that it's the people who don't deserve love that usually need love the most. The best defense is to love them. I know loving the people that try to make themselves your enemy is not the natural response, but doing it anyway and seeing the positive transformation in them is a good feeling.

Sends chills down my spine, and actually does make me sad for you. I genuinely mean that. I hope you see yourself as more than that.
    I forgive you completely. It never happened.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

@Hard and Qre:us: Y'all hurt me. I've been abused my whole life, but I'm not a victim, nor do I want to make you victims. From the moment I entered this thread, I felt God's love and compassion for you. I know you're hurting, but I am not someone that bullied you in the past. I am a true friend who loves you as well as the missionaries and the people on this forum that bully you (and me) and that you may deeply dislike. You may have seen me defend them in another thread and maybe that was offensive to you; as a result, you have it out for me. Please understand, I had pure intentions of helping them become kinder, gentler, well adjusted people, which ultimately helps you (in the long run). Bullies typically hurt people because they themselves are hurting and have fears of losing control. I've learned in life that it's the people who don't deserve love that usually need love the most. The best defense is to love them. I know loving the people that try to make themselves your enemy is not the natural response, but doing it anyway and seeing the positive transformation in them is a good feeling.

I forgive you completely. It never happened.
    You forgive me? LMAO. That's quaint.

Sorry, but I don't care. I stand by every word I said. I also don't want your love or sympathy. Intention doesn't matter here.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Who cares if a missionary approaches you? Or a street preacher? I'm an atheist, but a reasonable one, and an argumentative one when it comes to this stuff, if they want to push themselves on me, they can go ahead. They just bloody well expect a debate about what they believe in, and how it is, if at all, reasonable.
    Dances With Words is on the prowl. Watch yo step.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post