User Tag List

First 28687677787980 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I don't believe in judging or harming the missionaries in any way, shape or form regardless of what they do or say to me. As for others, I do what the Holy Spirit leads me to do when it comes to intercession. As I said, I believe we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world. (Ephesians 6:12)
    So you don't judge the missionaries but you judge the others? As when it comes to praying for the others, you're judging them to have been in need of prayers/saving, are you not? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    So you don't judge the missionaries but you judge the others? As when it comes to praying for the others, you're judging them to have been in need of prayers/saving, are you not?
    You're right.

Why?
    I defer to the Holy Spirit. God is faithful.

You're right.
    So, are you going to continue on with your judgmental ways? Isn't that against Jesus' teaching? How do you reconcile yourself?

So, are you going to continue on with your judgmental ways? Isn't that against Jesus' teaching? How do you reconcile yourself?
    I'm in the Father's hands and I am deeply adored. As are you. God bless.

I'm in the Father's hands and I am deeply adored. As are you. God bless.
    Is that how it works? Living with contradictions and double standards for believers versus non-believers? I'd call that hate masking as love.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Skinny-Love in not promoting a totalitarian ideology. Skinny-Love is no threat to anyone. Your guns are pointing the wrong way at Skinny-Love. Turn them around and point them at the totalitarian ideology of Islam. Of course there is no risk in attacking Skinny-Love but attacking totalitarian Islam puts your life at risk.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Is that how it works? Living with contradictions and double standards for believers versus non-believers? I'd call that hate masking as love.
    You don't need to call it hate masking as love. It IS hate masking as love.

It's PROFOUNDLY morally inconsistent, intellectually dishonest, unfair, and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Skinny-Love in not promoting a totalitarian ideology. Skinny-Love is no threat to anyone. Your guns are pointing the wrong way at Skinny-Love. Turn them around and point them at the totalitarian ideology of Islam. Of course there is no risk in attacking Skinny-Love but attacking totalitarian Islam puts your life at risk.
    It seems like you're only supporting her because she's "nice". Also, as I pointed out, she isn't a threat, but just because something isn't a thread does not deem something worthy of comment and discussion.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Thank you. Thank you very much!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Who needs totalitarian Islam or Sharia when we can have this:

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Slaves were not to be oppressed, and were not to be returned to their owners if they escaped. This is obviously a safeguard by God against abusing slaves.

Servants were to serve 6 years and go free in the 7th, laden with good and assets. Unless they wanted to stay in their master's home, and then they could stay indefinitely with their master, once pierced in the ear. They were not to be ruled over with rigor. They did not have rights as far as I know, but their humanity was protected in God's Law.

Jesus came along and preached love and compassion, making slavery obsolete. But it does not necessarily change being a servant, because a poor person needs help and there is nothing wrong with working for your keep. We all must do that. Working 6 days is actually commanded in the 4th commandment! Jesus preaches love and compassion, but that does not mean we have to give everything away, or not expect those among us who are poor to not work to earn their keep.

God's intent regarding slavery is that the foreign people from nations around them, who were not children of God, were living sinful lives ignorant of God's Laws. It would be better to be a slave to a Hebrew God-fearing master than a citizen of a Godless country.

Servants were possibly Hebrews or aliens who became sold by their families for money, or perhaps fell into such dire straits they sold themselves. Servants were commanded to be treated well, lived in the master's home, and had a good life.

There are many laws commanding God's children to help their brethren if they become poor, to redeem their home and land for them, and to treat all, even strangers, as family. Being a servant was inevitable however, because there will always be poor people in every society.

Today we just have a government that takes money from people and doles it out to the poor. The government decides who gets what and how much. Being a servant in the ancient Holy Land meant you lived in a nice house, worked 6 days, rested the 7th, had good food to eat, a family with you, and a decent master. Our poor live in their own little corner of squalor with little resources or help. Hmm. Which sounds better to you?
    Either theocratic system at best brings nothing more than a kinder, gentler oppression. "They did not have rights . . . but their humanity was protected" - our founding fathers saw our rights as implicit in our humanity, however imperfect their vision in its time.

=======================================

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Really, should the government have say in how many people we choose to live our life with, or share love with? Especially when God's own Law does not forbid it?

Why did we give the government rights over our private lives in this way?
    Now you're onto something.

I believe in love. I guess we're coming from a different place.
    Oh? And where would you suggest the other people in this discussion are coming from?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Oh? And where would you suggest the other people in this discussion are coming from?
    I'll have to pay more attention; I wasn't paying attention. I'm from Texas!