User Tag List

First 2767757677787987 Last

Results 761 to 770 of 873

Thread: The GOD Thread~

  1. #761
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Take a deep breath. It's not worth getting worked up about and getting high blood pressure. If you have solid boundaries and surely you do, then they're no threat to you.
    How patronizing. That, quite rude of you to disregard my anger over this and insinuate that it isn't valid because your opinion is superior to mine. Let me tell you, it's not.

    Also, just because something isn't an objective threat (to you), somehow makes it ok and others shouldn't feel threatened or bothered by it? That isn't how the world works, and you have no right to tell others how they should feel about something when there is no objective right and wrong. Ironically though, it is possible to argue an objective wrong for missionary work and its subsequent prostelyzing.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  2. #762
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    To each his own. Love them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You contradict yourself. For the missionaries, you exult, "To each his own." Yet, the missionaries' very passion, is to convert those into their own ideology. Their passion and very work is to override the very entitlement you afford them, "To each his own."
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I intercede for the weak in prayer. People are not the enemy. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world. (Ephesians 6:12)
    That still didn't explain your contradiction above. Please explain.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  3. #763
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Who cares if a missionary approaches you? Or a street preacher? I'm an atheist, but a reasonable one, and an argumentative one when it comes to this stuff, if they want to push themselves on me, they can go ahead. They just bloody well expect a debate about what they believe in, and how it is, if at all, reasonable.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  4. #764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    How patronizing. That, quite rude of you to disregard my anger over this and insinuate that it isn't valid because your opinion is superior to mine. Let me tell you, it's not.

    Also, just because something isn't an objective threat (to you), somehow makes it ok and others shouldn't feel threatened or bothered by it? That isn't how the world works, and you have no right to tell others how they should feel about something when there is no objective right and wrong. Ironically though, it is possible to argue an objective wrong for missionary work and its subsequent prostelyzing.
    Anger is a choice. I was trying to help you, not hurt you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    That still didn't explain your contradiction above. Please explain.
    I believe in love. I guess we're coming from a different place.

  5. #765
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    How patronizing. That, quite rude of you to disregard my anger over this and insinuate that it isn't valid because your opinion is superior to mine. Let me tell you, it's not.

    Also, just because something isn't an objective threat (to you), somehow makes it ok and others shouldn't feel threatened or bothered by it? That isn't how the world works, and you have no right to tell others how they should feel about something when there is no objective right and wrong. Ironically though, it is possible to argue an objective wrong for missionary work and its subsequent prostelyzing.
    Probably best to ignore people like this... They're patronizing for a purpose, best not to let them get a rise out of you, they see it as weakness. But yeah, what Skinny-Love said was stupid. I for one would argue that subjective threats are the only threats (Or objective right/wrongs for that matter).
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  6. #766
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Anger is a choice. I was trying to help you, not hurt you.
    By joe you did it again! It could easily be argued that emotions aren't fully a choice. So what if it is? It doesn't invalidate it, which you keep trying to do.

    Helping? You are doing the exact opposite. Ha!
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  7. #767
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I believe in love. I guess we're coming from a different place.
    It doesn't seem like you do.

    This answer still does not explain why you say that you afford the missionaries love and allow them to be "to each his own", but you fail to see that the missionaries themselves are not abiding by the "to each his own" principle, because their very work is counter to that sentiment. So, in your support of the missionaries, on the basis of love and "to each his own", you deny that very love and "to each his own" principle to the people the missionaries target.

    So, does that mean you do not love nor afford the consideration of "to each his own" to the to-be-converted?

  8. #768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Probably best to ignore people like this... They're patronizing for a purpose, best not to let them get a rise out of you, they see it as weakness. But yeah, what Skinny-Love said was stupid. I for one would argue that subjective threats are the only threats (Or objective right/wrongs for that matter).
    Y'all are in a fighting mood tonight. *sniffles* I'll be okay.

  9. #769
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Y'all are in a fighting mood tonight. *sniffles* I'll be okay.
    Always, my friend, always If you ever want to argue about something, especially something as vacuous as religion, I'll be there
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes Hard, johnnyyukon liked this post

  10. #770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    It doesn't seem like you do.

    This answer still does not explain why you say that you afford the missionaries love and allow them to be "to each his own", but you fail to see that the missionaries themselves are not abiding by "to each his own", because their very work is counter to that sentiment. So, in your support of the missionaries, on the basis of love and "to each his own", you deny that very love and "to each his own" principle to the people the missionaries target.


    So, does that mean you do not love nor afford the consideration of "to each his own" to the to-be-converted?
    I don't believe in judging or harming the missionaries in any way, shape or form regardless of what they do or say to me. As for others, I do what the Holy Spirit leads me to do when it comes to intercession. As I said, I believe we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world. (Ephesians 6:12)

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The God in Every Man/Woman
    By mippus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO