User Tag List

First 2363717273747583 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    I am honoured to be created. Indeed.
    Out of curiosity: did God create you, and all the flora and fauna; or did each specie arrive through Natural Selection?

So is each specie dependent on God, or is each specie dependent on all the other species?
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Out of curiosity: did God create you, and all the flora and fauna; or did each specie arrive through Natural Selection?

So is each specie dependent on God, or is each specie dependent on all the other species?

Don’t talk to me about nature and survival..
    I don’t even know how much oxygen I am breathing, ..
    I mean parts of my own brain are not under my control, so how come I’ve survived without a gif of God? without a will of God?
    How come I haven’t been created? I had a start!
    So what about the time before my start? Other people, yeah, other creatures.
    I worship anyone who’s better than me because I’m obviously weak, ..
    At least I cannot live forever and not die.
    So who’s better and more intelligent than me?
    A LOT.
    Then I’ll worship the best and most intelligent.
    The creator. ;)
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

I mean parts of my own brain are not under my control, so how come I’ve survived without a gif of God? without a will of God?
    A LOT.
    The creator.
    I admire your brio.

And remembering we become what we worship, and as you worship the best and most intelligent, then you are becoming the best and most intelligent.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    DEUS

A LOT.
    The creator.
    This doesn't make sense.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I admire your brio.

And remembering we become what we worship, and as you worship the best and most intelligent, then you are becoming the best and most intelligent.
    I admire your processor speed. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    This doesn't make sense.

No, correction:
    You can’t understand.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

Default Idealisation and Worship

We become what we worship. And almost universally we idealise God. And as we become what we worship, when we worship an idealised God, we idealise ourselves.

Does this explain our epidemic of narcissism, does this explain why we present our best selfies on the internet?

Is our narcissism of selfies actually a religious act of worship?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Reposted from another forum I occasionally frequent. It is a small discussion about God sanctioned polyamory...

What do y'all think or believe?

Thank you so much for your response.

It has given me much to think about. I believe fully that the Bible of old is still relevant and wonderful today, in all of its aspects, old testament and new.

You have corroborated for me, and brought to light something I knew but could not yet see, that polygyny is condoned by God but polyandry really is not. It is also interesting to note that God has not expressly forbidden women sleeping with women, only men with men. So polygyny might provide ample opportunities for women to practice 'poly' in a God-sanctioned marriage with their co-wives. Whereas polyandry would lead to temptation and sin as men might become sexual partners. Plus, anecdotally, men usually state one of their primitive and deep desires is to see two women together. I suspect this ties in with polygyny being the Godly choice.

Indeed, I am recalling something about Celtic cultures being the ones most likely to practice polyandry? That would not surprise me as Celtic cultures are pagan and paganism is as far removed from God as it gets, and is actually a precursor to devil-worship.

God points us in the right direction if we but listen, but He does not make us choose the right way. It is actually self-righteous Christians who have made monogamy the moral code, and enforced that with man-made law. It bears mentioning that it is not God doing that!

It is important to note that Adam, Noah, Job, and Isaac only had one wife and they were highly esteemed men who walked with God. God does not favor polygyny for all men nor women, yet He does not make it a sin within the realm of marriage. Also, some men have terrible problems associated with their polygamy, such as Jacob, whose sons sold their own brother into slavery due to jealousy!

Also, you must not do much Bible study because God obviously loves women and sets them apart. Again, if women have been treated as chattel, it has been men over the millenia who have decided on their own to do that. God made women to be men's help-mate and equal. Jesus reinforced that and made it right where Moses and men had gotten it wrong (like in divorcing your wife without real thought as to her well-being). God gave the gift of life to women, not men. God loves women. Just because sinful and hateful men have denigrated God's word and intent, that has nothing to do with the sovereignty or beneficence of monotheism or God.
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Plus, anecdotally, men usually state one of their primitive and deep desires is to see two women together. I suspect this ties in with polygyny being the Godly choice.
    How peculiar. It happens to tie in with another popular hypothesis as well, namely that the biblical texts were written by men.
    Likes Ivy, Hard, PeaceBaby, Passacaglia liked this post

We become what we worship. And almost universally we idealise God. And as we become what we worship, when we worship an idealised God, we idealise ourselves.

Does this explain our epidemic of narcissism, does this explain why we present our best selfies on the internet?

Is our narcissism of selfies actually a religious act of worship?
    ...Is that you, Gaias Baltar?
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Where to start?

Reposted from another forum I occasionally frequent. It is a small discussion about God sanctioned polyamory...

What do y'all think or believe?
    I actually don't believe God gets down to this level of detail in spelling out what humans should do. Love God and Love others; we must come up with the recipes ourselves.

Indeed, I am recalling something about Celtic cultures being the ones most likely to practice polyandry? That would not surprise me as Celtic cultures are pagan and paganism is as far removed from God as it gets, and is actually a precursor to devil-worship.
    This is fallacious and ignorant. Some might say Paganism is as close to God as it gets, since so few intermediaries are needed/used. Pagans deal with the primary source material: the creator's creation. Most Pagans don't even believe in the devil. How many people worship something they don't even believe in?

God points us in the right direction if we but listen, but He does not make us choose the right way. It is actually self-righteous Christians who have made monogamy the moral code, and enforced that with man-made law. It bears mentioning that it is not God doing that!
    Self-righteous Christians have been prolific in making moral codes and attributing them to God.

Also, you must not do much Bible study because God obviously loves women and sets them apart.
    This does women no favors, as it undercuts their fundamental humanity. We need theology (and everything else) that brings people together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    How peculiar. It happens to tie in with another popular hypothesis as well, namely that the biblical texts were written by men.
    A problem right there.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 01-09-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Ivy liked this post