User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    If that's what he meant, he's wrong, because that's not a paradox. It's discounting the value of free will. If you make someone love you, they don't really love you. You need to give them the option not to love you for there to be any value. I don't like what AGA has been saying in this thread, but we need to use better reasoning than her if we want to claim the high ground.
    I think he was using the paradox to illustrate his point (which I interpreted to be as mentioned above after the word paradox in my post) I'm not entirely sure what the actual paradox was, I scanned it and picked out the important parts.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Nihilogen is trying to illustrate a paradox that suggests that if God wanted everyone to be godly, [nongenger third person pronoun] would have made them so; therefore, you shouldn't try and win over others who God has specifically created to be ungodly. (at least that's my interpretation of it)

Also, I was discussing function archetypes on another thread, and I can say with accuracy that you are most likely an ISFJ who experienced or is experiencing your daemon (hence your mistype as a type with your daemon as the hero).

The title of this thread screams ISFJ anyways.

Also, I agree with your point. It is a paradox, regardless.

AGA... I HIGHLY suggest you read David Hume's Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion, or at least look into Anthropomorphism and reconsider the arguments you are making.
    Two things fill me with wonder —
    the starry heavens above me and
    the moral law within me.

Immanuel Kant

Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive
    and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life.

Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

I will share a story. Once I went to take a piss. And then pubic hair fell into toilet. But. It floated cuz toilets sucks ofc. So, pubic hair defied gravity created by God. and then vanished.
    End of Story
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I totally do not understand what you are trying to say.

God is in us, dormant or not, as He wishes.

But we can draw close to Him and He can enter us more fully, become enlivened in us, and cause us to awaken. This depends on our free will to do so.

The more we allow Him in, open to Him, and not close to Him, the more we can become like Jesus, which should be the goal of every Christian on earth.

Human beings have wishes too. If "God" wishes, then you are removing God from his infinite position. If we conclude that God wishes, just as we wish, then we can conclude that God is an finite, temporal being because only finite, temporal beings wish.

But God is not finite, thus he cannot actually "wish" anything.
    Two things fill me with wonder —
    the starry heavens above me and
    the moral law within me.

Immanuel Kant

Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive
    and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life.

Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I will share a story. Once I went to take a piss. And then pubic hair fell into toilet. But. It floated cuz toilets sucks ofc. So, pubic hair defied gravity created by God. and then vanished.
    End of Story

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by krypton1te View Post
    Human beings have wishes too. If "God" wishes, then you are removing God from his infinite position. If we conclude that God wishes, just as we wish, then we can conclude that God is an finite, temporal being because only finite, temporal beings wish.

But God is not finite, thus he cannot actually "wish" anything.

Semantics.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I use words loosely. Sub in 'choose' 'grace' or any other word implying 'at his discretion'.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

Also, I was discussing function archetypes on another thread, and I can say with accuracy that you are most likely an ISFJ who experienced or is experiencing your daemon (hence your mistype as a type with your daemon as the hero).

Good. Maybe that means I will become a better housekeeper/homemaker.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    God is in us, dormant or not, as He wishes.

But we can draw close to Him and He can enter us more fully, become enlivened in us, and cause us to awaken. This depends on our free will to do so.

The more we allow Him in, open to Him, and not close to Him, the more we can become like Jesus, which should be the goal of every Christian on earth.
    I understand you are writing to us while you are in a religious trance.

And while you are in this trance, you are psychologically vulnerable to suggestion.

And almost no one here recognises you are in a trance and vulnerable. And no one is trying to make good suggestions.

MBTI
    yupp

know what we should do? get all the crazies that think they're god's/some higher power's/universe's vessel for truth and quarantine them together, and just watch what happens
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

WALMART

Also, I agree with your point. It is a paradox, regardless.

AGA... I HIGHLY suggest you read David Hume's Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion, or at least look into Anthropomorphism and reconsider the arguments you are making.
    You and @Alea_iacta_est both wouldn't know an Ni type if brought a ton of matter from the noumenal realm on your heads.