User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    God is in the space between us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Hey, do you mind expanding on this, even a little bit? I'm curious as to what you mean.
    I don't know if @gromit gave you an explanation, but it reminds me of this dialogue from the movie, Before Sunrise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM1vQZx0aJc

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    And 'Thou shalt not' writ over the door;
    So I turn'd to the Garden of Love,
    That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
    And tomb-stones where flowers should be:
    And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
    And binding with briars my joys & desires.
    And they, not knowing or aware, search for the sun, but find the Father. And embrace, as they are told.

The threat to love is not hate, but fear.

The threat to spirituality is not reason, but organised religion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Paul decided, along with other early church fathers, to forego making the gentiles learn, and adhere to, the Law. I think this was a mistake. It ignores much of the OT, and I don't believe God is pleased about it, honestly, because it is stated throughout the Torah that "this is an everlasting covenant forever!" Jesus himself said He did not come to replace the Law, but finish it. Paul never met Jesus while He was alive. Paul made the decision to go easy on the Gentiles. Jesus Himself never said that. In fact, His whole mission was to the 'lost sheep of Israel', Jews who had fallen away from God.

Christian conceptualists take Christianity completely out of context. It is not advantageous for us to forego our Jewish roots. And whether you are Jewish by DNA or not, if you believe in the One God, and in Jesus' sacrifice for us, you are one of His Chosen Ones.
    I've been confused with your focus on "the law" which is interesting but not something I've seen before. Now I understand. Are your beliefs aligned with some specific sect of Christianity or is it a personal interpretation you've laid out?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    A FB friend posted a status asking people's favorite bible verses during hard times.
    So anyone else got any good ones?
    Deuteronomy 4 always gets me teary-eyed.

"When you are in distress and all these things have befallen you, you will return to God and hearken to His voice...For your God is a merciful God, He will not abandon you nor destroy you, and He will not forget the covenant of your forefathers that He swore to them. For ask now...from one end of heaven to the other: Has there ever been anything like this great thing, or has anything like it been heard?... From heaven He caused you to hear His voice in order to teach you...because He loved your forefathers....to drive away before you nations that are greater and mightier than you..." (Deut. 4:30-40 ish)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

If I can't understand it by now, there is a good chance it's because it simply isn't true. Or doesn't make sense.
    This should go into someone's signature.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I agree.

How about yours?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default The Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I've been confused with your focus on "the law" which is interesting but not something I've seen before. Now I understand. Are your beliefs aligned with some specific sect of Christianity or is it a personal interpretation you've laid out?

There are those who call themselves 'Messianic Jews'. They believe in the Law but also the divinity of Jesus. I have been to one of their weddings. I dislike how they use the Hebrew so much in their service. Granted, they translate for the ignorant, but still. I don't really think it's necessary to cling to old languages that are not ours, nor old places, like Jerusalem. There really is nothing in the Law that says we must, and actually, there are things in the Bible about speaking clearly so everyone can understand the Word of God.

I am more of a Jewish-Christian? I like the chronology of that. It makes more sense to me, as the Hebrew roots came first and should ground us and anchor us into God's Word; then Jesus came to flesh out our tree and make us thrive. If we just cling to Jesus, we really don't have as firm a foundation as we could/would have with our deep roots, that do exist! And if we just cling to our Hebrew roots, our tree will be dry and fruitless, without Jesus' teachings and sacrifice.

God's Holy Spirit then comes to live in our beautiful tree, like birds nesting within it. And it provides shade and protection for many.

That is the Trinity. Thanks for asking.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If I can't understand it by now, there is a good chance it's because it simply isn't true. Or doesn't make sense.
    It's the very motto of ignorance.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

We don't need proselytizing on Typology Central, we need to discuss the psychology of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's the very motto of ignorance.

Your post is really just a low degree of religious persecution. Maybe you would like going to one of the countries which engages in active physical persecution of Christians. It kind of reminds me of a book I read long ago of someone who was assigned to break up meetings of Christians. Eventually, he became ashamed of himself and became a Christian, too, though. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and insulting her. You are guilty of the latter in this case. Since it has been done to one of my friends, it isn't something I take lightly.