User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

@AphroditeGoneAwry did you make a thread on here about if God told you your soulmate/life's partner were to be a particular woman, that would be fine, it's about loving, not the sex for you? Or something simiar to that... obviously I don't remember 100%... have your philosophies changed since then?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    @AphroditeGoneAwry did you make a thread on here about if God told you your soulmate/life's partner were to be a particular woman, that would be fine, it's about loving, not the sex for you? Or something simiar to that... obviously I don't remember 100%... have your philosophies changed since then?
    Ah, I inquired about this fairly recently but never really got sufficient response. Seems like quite the leap, but I guess that's how faith works.. ?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2194559
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I guess that's how faith works.. ?
    Yeah in my experience it definitely evolves based on knowledge/experience and where you are in life...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just out of curiosity -- what about people of other religions, e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.? Do you think that these are different manifestations of God?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Baal and Asherah were false gods, who were worshipped at the high places, and were honored by fornicating with prostitutes.
    Can you substantiate any part of this claim, or is it simply a personal belief?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I see a lot of the OT rules as "separation/cleanliness" rules to (1) separate Israel tangibly from other cultures and prevent their assimilation, and (2) to prevent epidemics from wiping out the tribes.
    One of the strategies to prevent assimilation was to vilify everything pertaining to the other cultures' belief systems.

Alcoholics and obese people love to point to biology and heredity for their 'source'. And it's really attributed to dysfunction in childhood, and aberrant coping mechanisms.

So why is homosexuality any different?
    Because alcoholism and obesity lead to obvious and incontrovertible harm, both to those directly affected, and indirectly to their friends, family, and associates. The only harm resulting from homosexuality is that promulgated against gays, through bigotry.

I would welcome talking about God in other ways.
    Good, because that's what some of us are doing. You seem, however, not to recognize what we are talkling about as God. If your OP meant to encourage only religious discussion aligned with your own personal views, you should have stated so. Then those of us desiring respectful and open-minded consideration of diverse viewpoints would know to move on.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

I have read the references in the Old Testament about homosexuality as well as the references in the New Testament that refer to those Old Testament concepts. Jesus actually never said homosexuality was a sin. Other people did though. For example, there is this:

Leviticus 18:22 “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.”
    Purrsonally, I'm partial the Lolcat Bible translation.

Leviticus 18:22 No can has ghey... srsly. srry, but no.

But then there are also these things.

Leviticus 11:4 “Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.”
    Leviticus 11:4 Camelz dont mak teh good cheezeburgerz, wtf u thinkin man?!?

Leviticus 11:10 “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.”
    Leviticus 11:10 Fine, u go to teh Macdonaldz and u can has feel-lay (lol) O feesh sandy-wich. 11 Eeew, y u want shrimp basketz? It r BLECH, trust me.12 It r serously DO NOT WANT.

Leviticus 11:27 “And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.”
    Leviticus 11:27 Paws also BLECH. Scratch dog? K. No eet.

Leviticus 11:28–29 “These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind, and the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.”
    Leviticus 11:28 I meen, serously, y u no eet cheezeburgerz noob?
    11:29 O yah, evan tho we iz catz, u no can has ratz-burgerz eithur.

Leviticus 11:13–20 “These are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the osprey, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.”
    Leviticus 11:13-23 13 O hay, go bai KFC, wen y go, kthx. 14 But dont get orijinal reshpy, get teh x-tra krispee! 15 Doodz, reely, only eatz teh chikenz.16 No eated teh eagulz or owlz plz. 17 O RLY? 18 Y RLY! 19 Also, batz for baseballz lol, not for can has eatingz.

20 O hay, so lemme tell u aboutz bugz: 21 Criket = DEELISHIOUS 22 Grasshoppa = MOAR DEELISHIOUS 23 Beetulz = BLECH

Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”
    Leviticus 10:6 Moses was laik: “You noes mak your hed nekid and tear cloes or eles Ceiling Cat will eated u. Ceiling Cat r mighty, all-eating.”

Leviticus 19:19 “Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”
    Leviticus 19:19 “Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind.”
    Leviticus 19:19 Don't screw dees things up:
    No shackin wif teh dog.
    No raisin coca AND teh pot in teh same garage.
    No pleather.

Leviticus 19:27 “Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”
    Leviticus 19:27 No mullets or bad sideburns.

Leviticus 5:2 “If a soul touch any unclean thing, whether it be a carcase of an unclean beast, or a carcase of unclean cattle, or the carcase of unclean creeping things, and if it be hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty.”
    Leviticus 5:2 And if sumone toucheded teh smelleh stuff or teh ikkies, an is liek, "O NOES! I iz smelleh an ikkie!"

Leviticus 12:4–5 “And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.”
    Leviticus 12:4-5 4And momma cat cant go in hous of Ceiling Cat for a hole forty dayz aftr it coems out.
    5 But if its girl kitteh, den she has to stay in cat-box two wks and cant go in hous for more days. Liek sixty-six lol!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Purrsonally, I'm partial the Lolcat Bible translation.

Leviticus 18:22 No can has ghey... srsly. srry, but no.

Leviticus 11:4 Camelz dont mak teh good cheezeburgerz, wtf u thinkin man?!?

Leviticus 11:10 Fine, u go to teh Macdonaldz and u can has feel-lay (lol) O feesh sandy-wich. 11 Eeew, y u want shrimp basketz? It r BLECH, trust me.12 It r serously DO NOT WANT.

Leviticus 11:27 Paws also BLECH. Scratch dog? K. No eet.

Leviticus 11:28 I meen, serously, y u no eet cheezeburgerz noob?
    11:29 O yah, evan tho we iz catz, u no can has ratz-burgerz eithur.

Leviticus 11:13-23 13 O hay, go bai KFC, wen y go, kthx. 14 But dont get orijinal reshpy, get teh x-tra krispee! 15 Doodz, reely, only eatz teh chikenz.16 No eated teh eagulz or owlz plz. 17 O RLY? 18 Y RLY! 19 Also, batz for baseballz lol, not for can has eatingz.

20 O hay, so lemme tell u aboutz bugz: 21 Criket = DEELISHIOUS 22 Grasshoppa = MOAR DEELISHIOUS 23 Beetulz = BLECH

Leviticus 10:6 Moses was laik: “You noes mak your hed nekid and tear cloes or eles Ceiling Cat will eated u. Ceiling Cat r mighty, all-eating.”

Leviticus 19:19 Don't screw dees things up:
    No shackin wif teh dog.
    No raisin coca AND teh pot in teh same garage.
    No pleather.

Leviticus 19:27 No mullets or bad sideburns.

Leviticus 5:2 And if sumone toucheded teh smelleh stuff or teh ikkies, an is liek, "O NOES! I iz smelleh an ikkie!"

Leviticus 12:4-5 4And momma cat cant go in hous of Ceiling Cat for a hole forty dayz aftr it coems out.
    5 But if its girl kitteh, den she has to stay in cat-box two wks and cant go in hous for more days. Liek sixty-six lol!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

THAT IS SO HILARIOUS.

YOU NEED TO START A LOLCATS BIBLE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[or just keep posting them here. ]

Oh, man. I forgot what else I was going to say.

Oh, yeah. Saying that about my soulmate possibly being a woman was about two things. Mostly, it was because I thought for a long time that my Divine partner might have been on here, and that he considered himself a woman....And also that, since I used to identify as "bi", I kept my partner options open, so to speak.

Now I know that God does not intend to have my Divine partner be a woman. Perhaps a gender-confused male, but not a woman.

I learn a lot more about God and His Word and Divine Plan as life goes by, because I am trying to get closer to Him, and know Him more. You can too, if you want to.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Just out of curiosity -- what about people of other religions, e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.? Do you think that these are different manifestations of God?
    I have looked into those religions and personally not found them to be anywhere near Judeo-Christianity for spiritual insight and having a divinely inspired holy book. Do Buddhists even believe in God? I haven't seen that they do. And I think Hindus are more polytheists? Buddhism, the Buddha, and Muhammad, just seems to copy Christianity, and try to claim it as something original, with Buddhism being more humanist, not even attributing creation to God. But as I said, I am not an expert at those relgions at all!

People have a right to believe what they like! This thread is about the Hebrew God in the Bible. The God of Adam and the patriarchs. The Father of Jesus.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have looked into those religions and personally not found them to be anywhere near Judeo-Christianity for spiritual insight and having a divinely inspired holy book. Do Buddhists even believe in God? I haven't seen that they do. And I think Hindus are more polytheists?

People have a right to believe what they like! This thread is about the Hebrew God in the Bible. The God of Adam and the patriarchs. The Father of Jesus.
    Ok then. Thanks for clarifying
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Okay, two questions then.

1. How do you account for homosexuality in the animal kingdom where interpersonal relationships are not as complex as human ones and sexual relationships are often based on instinct and availability rather than true choice? Does a chicken decide to be gay because of daddy issues? God made animals too, right?

2. If there is one divine partner for everyone, why will every Christian church remarry a widow/widower?

It is the nature of your flesh to be able to practice homosexuality, to desire it, whether it is for love or for mere sex. If animals practice homosexuality occasionally, then that is just more proof that it is of the flesh.

The whole point is that to do God's will, you must rise above what the flesh drives you to do, and the desires of your heart. Because He knows what is best for you. And He has said in Genesis 2, the very beginning of the story, that he made a woman out of man, and that a man should leave his family and cling to his wife.

If someone dies, then God has the ability to provide for them again. Some might have a succession of Divine partners. And some might have none, only God. God was able to provide Job with more than he had before after everything he had was annihilated by the devil. God CAN do anything.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com