User Tag List

First 2735363738394787 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

garbage

I find myself wanting to ask "Source?" over and over again.

I know the low-hanging sarcastic answer, but I'd hope for legit ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Point is, being 'homosexual' is a choice, based on a dysfunctional childhood relationship. Heterosexual is, by nature, how we are made. There is one perfect Divine partner made just for you, and if you decide to pursue and apply your own willfulness in a sexually immoral way, being led by unmet needs, that is your choice! But it is a choice.

We become addicts to various things based on dysfunctional childhood issues as well. How do we deal with these? We eschew them, avoid them, go to support groups to get other struggling people to help us cope with them, and attend therapy to replace them. God can heal us from addictions and actually change us.

It is the same with being homosexual. Sure, you can keep this addiction to something unhealthy, but you won't be as healthy as you would otherwise be if you tried to overcome it, and asked God to help you heal. The fact that gay relationships are so fleeting is another indicator they are not rooted in a divine foundation.
    I'm just going to refer you to this article: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...ype=blogs&_r=0

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default Homosexuality is similar to an addiction; it is a way to aberrantly meet unmet needs.

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I find myself wanting to ask "Source?" over and over again.

I know the low-hanging sarcastic answer, but I'd hope for legit ones.

Alcoholics and obese people love to point to biology and heredity for their 'source'. And it's really attributed to dysfunction in childhood, and aberrant coping mechanisms.

So why is homosexuality any different?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You should know that her actual and only reason for believing this bullshit is this: "It resonated with what I know to be true as well."

She is utterly unfazed by evidence other than her own random interpretations, at least some of which clearly point to willful ignorance.
    To boot, this was true before she even claimed to be a Christian.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

garbage

Alcoholics and obese people love to point to biology and heredity for their 'source'. And it's really attributed to dysfunction in childhood, and aberrant coping mechanisms.

This is the exact opposite of a source.

Anyway, the point of my post was that anything I'd ask would result in a bunch of needless circle-running-around on all sides. Which is why I didn't bother to ask.

MBTI
    yupp

I would say you need help, but I think you're beyond help, honestly
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Someone needs to study science a little better.

Usually situations are complex, so I find it convenient when religion deems everything a "choice" because then they can ascribe guilt and sin to it in order to manipulate behavior, and levy blame against those who have difficult issues in their lives as well as separate themselves from people who do things they do not approve of. In fact, people with issues can even be blamed for "resisting God" at that point, since if they were truly faithful, they would choose to let God fix them and their problems would simply get resolved and everything would be fine.

This thread has kinda gone where I expected, since it was mistitled as "The GOD thread" and is really again about one poster's personal beliefs about God. Maybe if it were retitled appropriate (or if other views of divinity besides just one could reasonably be discussed), then there wouldn't be so much pushback...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I would welcome talking about God in other ways.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with homosexuality. I do not even respond to every post about it--only about every third--so this forum must just really need/want to discuss this issue.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Someone needs to study science a little better.

Usually situations are complex, so I find it convenient when religion deems everything a "choice" because then they can ascribe guilt and sin to it in order to manipulate behavior, and levy blame against those who have difficult issues in their lives as well as separate themselves from people who do things they do not approve of. In fact, people with issues can even be blamed for "resisting God" at that point, since if they were truly faithful, they would choose to let God fix them and their problems would simply get resolved and everything would be fine.

This thread has kinda gone where I expected, since it was mistitled as "The GOD thread" and is really again about one poster's personal beliefs about God. Maybe if it were retitled appropriate (or if other views of divinity besides just one could reasonably be discussed), then there wouldn't be so much pushback...
    ^
    Amen.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Apparently it's helpful to have a fool for a foil.