User Tag List

First 2735363738394787 Last

Results 361 to 370 of 873

Thread: The GOD Thread~

  1. #361
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    I find myself wanting to ask "Source?" over and over again.

    I know the low-hanging sarcastic answer, but I'd hope for legit ones.

  2. #362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Point is, being 'homosexual' is a choice, based on a dysfunctional childhood relationship. Heterosexual is, by nature, how we are made. There is one perfect Divine partner made just for you, and if you decide to pursue and apply your own willfulness in a sexually immoral way, being led by unmet needs, that is your choice! But it is a choice.

    We become addicts to various things based on dysfunctional childhood issues as well. How do we deal with these? We eschew them, avoid them, go to support groups to get other struggling people to help us cope with them, and attend therapy to replace them. God can heal us from addictions and actually change us.

    It is the same with being homosexual. Sure, you can keep this addiction to something unhealthy, but you won't be as healthy as you would otherwise be if you tried to overcome it, and asked God to help you heal. The fact that gay relationships are so fleeting is another indicator they are not rooted in a divine foundation.
    I'm just going to refer you to this article: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...ype=blogs&_r=0

  3. #363
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Homosexuality is similar to an addiction; it is a way to aberrantly meet unmet needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I find myself wanting to ask "Source?" over and over again.

    I know the low-hanging sarcastic answer, but I'd hope for legit ones.

    Alcoholics and obese people love to point to biology and heredity for their 'source'. And it's really attributed to dysfunction in childhood, and aberrant coping mechanisms.

    So why is homosexuality any different?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #364
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You should know that her actual and only reason for believing this bullshit is this: "It resonated with what I know to be true as well."

    She is utterly unfazed by evidence other than her own random interpretations, at least some of which clearly point to willful ignorance.
    To boot, this was true before she even claimed to be a Christian.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #365
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Alcoholics and obese people love to point to biology and heredity for their 'source'. And it's really attributed to dysfunction in childhood, and aberrant coping mechanisms.

    So why is homosexuality any different?
    This is the exact opposite of a source.

    Anyway, the point of my post was that anything I'd ask would result in a bunch of needless circle-running-around on all sides. Which is why I didn't bother to ask.

  6. #366
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Alcoholics and obese people love to point to biology and heredity for their 'source'. And it's really attributed to dysfunction in childhood, and aberrant coping mechanisms.

    So why is homosexuality any different?
    I would say you need help, but I think you're beyond help, honestly
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #367
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Someone needs to study science a little better.

    Usually situations are complex, so I find it convenient when religion deems everything a "choice" because then they can ascribe guilt and sin to it in order to manipulate behavior, and levy blame against those who have difficult issues in their lives as well as separate themselves from people who do things they do not approve of. In fact, people with issues can even be blamed for "resisting God" at that point, since if they were truly faithful, they would choose to let God fix them and their problems would simply get resolved and everything would be fine.

    This thread has kinda gone where I expected, since it was mistitled as "The GOD thread" and is really again about one poster's personal beliefs about God. Maybe if it were retitled appropriate (or if other views of divinity besides just one could reasonably be discussed), then there wouldn't be so much pushback...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #368
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    I would welcome talking about God in other ways.

    Everyone seems to be obsessed with homosexuality. I do not even respond to every post about it--only about every third--so this forum must just really need/want to discuss this issue.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  9. #369
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Someone needs to study science a little better.

    Usually situations are complex, so I find it convenient when religion deems everything a "choice" because then they can ascribe guilt and sin to it in order to manipulate behavior, and levy blame against those who have difficult issues in their lives as well as separate themselves from people who do things they do not approve of. In fact, people with issues can even be blamed for "resisting God" at that point, since if they were truly faithful, they would choose to let God fix them and their problems would simply get resolved and everything would be fine.

    This thread has kinda gone where I expected, since it was mistitled as "The GOD thread" and is really again about one poster's personal beliefs about God. Maybe if it were retitled appropriate (or if other views of divinity besides just one could reasonably be discussed), then there wouldn't be so much pushback...
    ^
    Amen.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  10. #370
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Apparently it's helpful to have a fool for a foil.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The God in Every Man/Woman
    By mippus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO