MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Hard and @AphroditeGoneAwry

The argument is futile on both sides due to a lack of conclusive, unbiased evidence that suggests one way over the other completely. For all we know, it could be a combination of physiological and environmental factors. There simply isn't enough evidence at the time being to disprove one side of the coin or the other entirely. (religious arguments are exactly the same way)
    No I agree with you. I was more concerned with other things, which is why I kept/keep pressing. Based off the stuff I have read over the years, the general consensus from research in this field is that there is likely multiple factors, and multiple ways in which sexuality manifests. Many also seem to believe that a single mechanism in which it occurs will ever be found, due to the inherient complexity of it all.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

@Hard and @AphroditeGoneAwry

The argument is futile on both sides due to a lack of conclusive, unbiased evidence that suggests one way over the other completely. For all we know, it could be a combination of physiological and environmental factors. There simply isn't enough evidence at the time being to disprove one side of the coin or the other entirely. (religious arguments are exactly the same way)
    As far as I can tell homosexuality and heterosexuality are just recently invented social constructs with little scientific basis. The only reason why people are even bothering to prove this stuff scientifically is because the LGBT movement currently finds such a divide in sexuality to be politically helpful towards their aims.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    As far as I can tell homosexuality and heterosexuality are just recently invented social constructs with little scientific basis. The only reason why people are even bothering to prove this stuff scientifically is because the LGBT movement currently finds such a divide in sexuality to be politically helpful towards their aims.
    And just think, the ancient Greek city-states valued homosexuality and made it part of their culture.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by calling it sexual loving.

Anyone can sex with anyone or anything!!!!!!!!!!!! Who you are aroused by is NOT a reason for whom you should or could LOVE! If that were the case, I'd indentify as a Poly Demi bi-sexual into kink and D/s. That is the fleshly side of me, not the spiritual side. Feeding the flesh will not lead me to a higher spiritual plane, or glorify God, which I (and you) are made for.

I could be aroused by pretty much any sexual scenario you can imagine, with pretty much any gender or probably even animal. But I'm not about to define myself thus!! I'm not an animal. I'm a higher-minded human being. God made me for more than that. He made me to spiritually love Him and possibly my Divine partner. And to unconditionally love all humans.

Let's stop letting our sex drive us. It debases you and makes you commit sexual immorality by living by the desires of your flesh.
    And what if God's divine partner for others is indeed of the same gender?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    to be more precise, I believe each personality can have its own reason for turning gay. I don't know what that is but I'm certain its there. If I were to turn gay it would probably be because I lost hope in females and looked for someone just as desperate as myself for love. But I'm sure other personalities may have their reasons.
    That's fair. I have actually met a guy before who identified as straight until his 30's, then realized that women just weren't doing it. Experimented with some guys, and it was like he had an epiphany and suddenly realized that is what he was looking for after all this time, then came to the conclusion that he was bi, but leaning more strongly gay. Interesting note that stuck me, is he did not seem like a very self-aware person at all, so it fit. As I said, sexuality can be really really complex. I have to remind myself of that from time to time since I identify as exclusively homsexual so I am always on the other end of the spectrum.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

And what if God's divine partner for others is indeed of the same gender?
    My Divine partner, if he exists, has the sex of a male. He might be slightly gender-confused, but he will be a male nonetheless.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yeah, ancient greek men used to have sex with boys at parties... They were without christianity. Hmm... I wonder if that was before the birth of christ? assuming they didn't have an opportunity to meet christ.

And just think, the ancient Greek city-states valued homosexuality and made it part of their culture.
    No. They didn't. They engaged in male on male sodomy and pederasty, but they didn't use such activity as a means of personal identity.

Socionics
    ILI

No. They didn't. They engaged in male on male sodomy and pederasty, but they didn't use such activity as an means of personal identity.
    Damn it, I bought into another historical myth. Sorry about that.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by calling it sexual loving.

Anyone can sex with anyone or anything!!!!!!!!!!!! Who you are aroused by is NOT a reason for whom you should or could LOVE! If that were the case, I'd indentify as a Poly Demi bi-sexual into kink and D/s. That is the fleshly side of me, not the spiritual side. Feeding the flesh will not lead me to a higher spiritual plane, or glorify God, which I (and you) are made for.

I could be aroused by pretty much any sexual scenario you can imagine, with pretty much any gender or probably even animal. But I'm not about to define myself thus!! I'm not an animal. I'm a higher-minded human being. God made me for more than that. He made me to spiritually love Him and possibly my Divine partner. And to unconditionally love all humans.

Let's stop letting our sex drive us. It debases you and makes you commit sexual immorality by living by the desires of your flesh.
    So you're just condmning sex in general? *sigh*. I'm not going to discuss this with god in place, as I said in the past you can' not prove he exists, so I have no reason to take it seriously. Thus I won't.

And, actually. We are by scientific definition, an animal. Human, but still animal with animal urges.

And I am going to quote this in highlight:

If that were the case, I'd indentify as a Poly Demi bi-sexual into kink and D/s.
    Why would you suppress that? Sexual kinks and release are completely normal and healthy. They are things we should express and release. Assuming of course it's with a partner(s) that are mutually receptive to it.