User Tag List

First 1927282930313979 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Okay, the temp ban betting pool is open. The odds on temp bans stemming from this thread:

0 bans: 5/1
    1 ban: 3/2
    2 bans: 5/4
    3+ bans: 15/1
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    My friend, why do you infer that I would in any way imply you cannot choose to live how you want to, and choose to?

I am interested in origins of causality, and how that lines out with God's Word and Divine Will. I will always seek to know the Truth. Knowing the Truth, and encouraging others to know and seek the Truth doesn't have anything to do with how each of us manifests our life, and how we live.

The Truth about homosexuality, and hypersexuality, and asexuality seems to point in the direction of nurture, not nature. But that does not mean one cannot choose to live how one decides to. As I said God is COMPLETELY TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES. Jesus is too. They are both gentlemen. That does not mean that you won't face Him someday and have to explain your choices, but if He allows you to choose, who are mere humans to tell you that you cannot?

Having said that, Christians have a responsibility to 'rebuke' their brethren when they see them committing sin (as homosexuality and sexual immorality is sin), but then to step back and leave them alone.

I think you most definitely have a sound basis for your desire to bond with men to stem from your lack of bonding with a consistent male role model, especially in your formative years. Playing with certain toys makes little difference ultimately in one's psychosocial and sexual well-being. A boy can love pink, love dress-up, love his fingernails painted, love girl toys, but still turn out being a boy, and able to love the woman God made for him.

God is irrelavant here. You can't prove he exists. You say he does, so you have the burden of proof. Until you can prove his exsistance, then I have no reason whatsoever to take your assertions that "he" is what sets the morality of permissiveness of any of this seriously.

You may step back, but your unsupported beliefs still influence the world, and it effects public opinion on these matters. As I said, this shouldn't matter. It in no way effects you, and you shouldn't care about this. Your morality views on sexuality are not based off a fact or common societal stance.

So you think my lack of bonding with my father (which isn't true btw; I did bond with him), is the reason for me being gay? I can tell you that very likely is not true based on the experiences I have had in my life. Even then though. Does it matter? No.

Playing with certain toys of having social prefrences can show different prefrences later in life, is what I am getting at.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Okay, the temp ban betting pool is open. The odds on temp bans stemming from this thread:

0 bans: 5/1
    1 ban: 3/2
    2 bans: 5/4
    3+ bans: 15/1
    75 on 3+ if you will good sir.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    They day someone can prove to me scientific research that hints that homosexuals have no hope of being straight, is the day I second guess the bible.
    Here you go.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    ...I did? It contains a link explaining a recent study showing a link between genetics and sexuality. That's why I thought you were referring to something else in jest.
    Quit playing dumb and trying to cover up your own bullshit.
    I thought you were joking, too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

hmm. yes I do see an article. My mistake.

There are a lot of gays who would do anything to rationalize their status, including making self fulfilling prophecy science experiments.

"I CAN'T BE GAY BECAUSE I CHOSE TO, I JUST CAN'T! THERE IS SOMETHING IN MY GENES THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME BEING ABUSED AS A CHILD OR GETTING DUMPED IN 7TH GRADE!"

Anyone can justify something for themselves if they look hard enough.

I will spend 5 more minutes analyzing this article to see if anything useful comes out of it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yeah this article says "there may be a gene that determines sexual orientation."

That does not mean they have found the gene(s) responsible for sexual orientation. I call bs on this article.

at least two chromosomes may affect a man’s sexual orientation.
    The end.

There are a lot of gays who would do anything to rationalize their status, including making self fulfilling prophecy science experiments.

"I CAN'T BE GAY BECAUSE I CHOSE TO, I JUST CAN'T! THERE IS SOMETHING IN MY GENES THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME BEING ABUSED AS A CHILD OR GETTING DUMPED IN 7TH GRADE!"

Gee, considering the last ten minutes I'd think you'd have more sympathy for people who scream things at the top of their lungs and turn out to be wrong.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Brother, I'm not screaming at all.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

hmm. yes I do see an article. My mistake.

I will spend 5 more minutes analyzing this article to see if anything useful comes out of it.
    We all make mistakes, no worries.

At the end of the day though, being gay is not a problem. The only problems are those who disagree with homosexuality for whatever reason. Up to this point, there are also no credible studies out there that shows homosexuality can be changed. Though I will admit there is likely a significant minority of folks who might appear to change; sexuality is quite complex. It's more that the realize different aspects of themselves. And I'll say it again, does it matter what ones sexuality is? nope.