failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It was a mixed bag. He was very loving, cared about my well being. Spent lots of time with me, did many things to have fun and build a relationship. He was, and is a fantastic father. However, did not always go about it in the right way. In many ways we are very similar, in other's it's like night and day. My parents divorced when I was 3, and my mother held strong contempt against him, and influenced me unfairly into disliking and distrusting him more than I should have, so I saw him a in a negative light starting around 6 years old.

If you're going to think this is the "reason" I am gay, then don't, because it's not. It's biological. Earliest childhood memories I have show signs of me being gay. Even as a toddler I played with both genders toys by my own will, and there are family videos to show it.

Again, it doesn't matter, at all, why I am gay. What matters is, that I am, I am a healthy well functioning person, and I am allowed to live my life as a homosexual free of condemnation and direction from those who dissapprove for baseless reasons.

My friend, why do you infer that I would in any way imply you cannot choose to live how you want to, and choose to?

I am interested in origins of causality, and how that lines out with God's Word and Divine Will. I will always seek to know the Truth. Knowing the Truth, and encouraging others to know and seek the Truth doesn't have anything to do with how each of us manifests our life, and how we live.

The Truth about homosexuality, and hypersexuality, and asexuality seems to point in the direction of nurture, not nature. But that does not mean one cannot choose to live how one decides to. As I said God is COMPLETELY TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES. Jesus is too. They are both gentlemen. That does not mean that you won't face Him someday and have to explain your choices, but if He allows you to choose, who are mere humans to tell you that you cannot?

Having said that, Christians have a responsibility to 'rebuke' their brethren when they see them committing sin (as homosexuality and sexual immorality is sin), but then to step back and leave them alone.

I think you most definitely have a sound basis for your desire to bond with men to stem from your lack of bonding with a consistent male role model, especially in your formative years. Playing with certain toys makes little difference ultimately in one's psychosocial and sexual well-being. A boy can love pink, love dress-up, love his fingernails painted, love girl toys, but still turn out being a boy, and able to love the woman God made for him.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Sadly, there is no video of me coming out of the womb. Though I can tell you I came out with much glitter and I sneered at the cooch saying "...never again. that's the only time you'll ever see me coming out of one of those".
    You coming out of the womb has nothing to do with you making up facts. Post a link or stop saying things you have no hope in justifying.

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    You coming out of the womb has nothing to do with you making up facts. Post a link or stop saying things you have no hope in justifying.

...I did? It contains a link explaining a recent study showing a link between genetics and sexuality. That's why I thought you were referring to something else in jest.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

They day someone can prove to me scientific research that hints that homosexuals have no hope of being straight, is the day I second guess the bible.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

...I did? It contains a link explaining a recent study showing a link between genetics and sexuality. That's why I thought you were referring to something else in jest.
    Quit playing dumb and trying to cover up your own bullshit.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I gave you augustine. He discusses it in the City of God. I pretty much think he settles it, but it was only a tangential issue as the main problem was that pagan Romans were killing themselves over the dishonor of rape and he was trying to stop it. I'm not aware of any serious argument against Augustine's view since then.

I have no idea where you're views come from.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're somehow stuck on the idea that causing sin somehow makes the sin of rape worse. But, you're really not thinking this through.

If it is sin on the victim's part then that comes with certain obligations like confession and seeking forgiveness from the ones you sin against.

This means that if it is sin then the victim has to seek forgiveness from the attacker.

That's just a deplorably heinous outcome.

Yes, but I am purporting that in the case of victims, God allows more grace through Jesus, for forgiving those sins. Especially in the case of children who might not know better or be able to prevent it.

But yeah, it does mean that forgiveness needs to happen. But how is that any different than all of us being imperfect and needing forgiveness for merely existing?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    You cannot sin and be innocent at the same time. That's irrational.
    You'll only drive yourself crazy trying to make rational sense of this position. This is the same person that spent an entire thread accusing the Freemasons of orchestrating mass child abuse and then asserted that the lack of evidence or chatter about it was even more damning than if there were evidence because it showed the capability of the Freemasons to cover it up.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Quit playing dumb and trying to cover up your own bullshit.
    Um, what? He really did post a link to the study... Go back to the original post you quoted. It's been there the whole time.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Socionics
    ILI

I feel that this is an adequate representation of my faith in humanity now from simply reading this thread for the past 4-7 pages.

(Hint: The ship is my faith in humanity)