User Tag List

First 1725262728293777 Last

Results 261 to 270 of 873

Thread: The GOD Thread~

  1. #261
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I am not sure about that.

    It's a good point. Worth pondering.
    A lot of people smarter than you and me have pondered it. and they did it hundreds of years ago.

    And as far as I'm aware almost the entirety of Christian thinking since then has unequivocally not ascribed sin to people who are victims of rape and sexual abuse.

    Edit: to clarify that I'm not specifically attacking your intelligence.

  2. #262
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Homosexuality is not of God. Sexuality period is not of God.

    God brings love to one's life, and sex is a manifestation of that love between two people.

    In our culture we define ourselves by SEX, who we want to sex (homo/hetero), how we sex (demi/pan), and how much we sex (nympho/asexual).

    If we only spent as much time focused on LOVE this world would be such a better place.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  3. #263
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Admin hat on: Just a reminder that hostility and name-calling is against the rules. Please keep it civil, even if you disagree vehemently with someone's point of view.

  4. #264
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Sounds fairly anecdotal and difficult to prove.

    People who are gay swear they are 'made' that way as well. But there is no proof of that being organic either. However, you can usually identify a dysfunctional relationship with the parent of the same gender.

    No matter. The important thing is that God is TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES.

    It's just that you are probably not going to live up to your fullest potential breaking His Law and ignoring His guidance. He made us, and He knows what is best for us.
    Science IS working on proving it. In fact, they just recently published a study showing a genetic commonality between gay men. Evidence! It works! So, yet again, you're wrong. And again, DOES IT MATTER? Does it matter what causes it? It doesn't change a goddam thing. Sexuality is really really really complex. How it manifests, is meaningless.

    And yes, I was made to be gay. You're going to tell me I was not?

    You're religion is a fucking farce. You can't use it to bolster unbackable ideas in regards to how people live their life.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  5. #265
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    A lot of people smarter than you and me have pondered it. and they did it hundreds of years ago.

    And as far as I'm aware almost the entirety of Christian thinking since then has unequivocally not ascribed sin to people who are victims of rape and sexual abuse.

    Edit: to clarify that I'm not specifically attacking your intelligence.
    I'd be interested in references, if you can find some.

    I think. In the case of abuse, the victim could be innocent, yet still be forced to sin.

    Which, when you think about it, is what makes it so heinous, and difficult to assimilate.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  6. #266
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Science IS working on proving it. In fact, they just recently published a study showing a genetic commonality between gay men. Evidence! It works! So, yet again, you're wrong. And again, DOES IT MATTER? Does it matter what causes it? It doesn't change a goddam thing. Sexuality is really really really complex. How it manifests, is meaningless.

    And yes, I was made to be gay. You're going to tell me I was not?

    You're religion is a fucking farce. You can't use it to bolster unbackable ideas in regards to how people live their life.
    Since you are bringing it up, I'd be interested to know how the relationship with your father is/was. Especially growing up.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  7. #267
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Since you are bringing it up, I'd be interested to know how the relationship with your father is/was. Especially growing up.
    It was a mixed bag. He was very loving, cared about my well being. Spent lots of time with me, did many things to have fun and build a relationship. He was, and is a fantastic father. However, did not always go about it in the right way. In many ways we are very similar, in other's it's like night and day. My parents divorced when I was 3, and my mother held strong contempt against him, and influenced me unfairly into disliking and distrusting him more than I should have, so I saw him a in a negative light starting around 6 years old.

    If you're going to think this is the "reason" I am gay, then don't, because it's not. It's biological. Earliest childhood memories I have show signs of me being gay. Even as a toddler I played with both genders toys by my own will, and there are family videos to show it.

    Again, it doesn't matter, at all, why I am gay. What matters is, that I am, I am a healthy well functioning person, and I am allowed to live my life as a homosexual free of condemnation and direction from those who dissapprove for baseless reasons.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #268
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'd be interested in references, if you can find some.

    I think. In the case of abuse, the victim could be innocent, yet still be forced to sin.

    Which, when you think about it, is what makes it so heinous, and difficult to assimilate.
    I gave you augustine. He discusses it in the City of God. I pretty much think he settles it, but it was only a tangential issue as the main problem was that pagan Romans were killing themselves over the dishonor of rape and he was trying to stop it. I'm not aware of any serious argument against Augustine's view since then.

    I have no idea where you're views come from.

    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're somehow stuck on the idea that causing sin somehow makes the sin of rape worse. But, you're really not thinking this through.

    If it is sin on the victim's part then that comes with certain obligations like confession and seeking forgiveness from the ones you sin against.

    This means that if it is sin then the victim has to seek forgiveness from the attacker.

    That's just a deplorably heinous outcome.

  9. #269
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Science IS working on proving it. In fact, they just recently published a study showing a genetic commonality between gay men. Evidence! It works! So, yet again, you're wrong. And again, DOES IT MATTER? Does it matter what causes it? It doesn't change a goddam thing. Sexuality is really really really complex. How it manifests, is meaningless.

    And yes, I was made to be gay. You're going to tell me I was not?

    You're religion is a fucking farce. You can't use it to bolster unbackable ideas in regards to how people live their life.
    post a link or it didn't happen

  10. #270
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    post a link or it didn't happen
    Sadly, there is no video of me coming out of the womb. Though I can tell you I came out with much glitter and I sneered at the cooch saying "...never again. that's the only time you'll ever see me coming out of one of those".
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The God in Every Man/Woman
    By mippus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO