User Tag List

First 1624252627283676 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Haha... yeah I know what you mean.... I guess I like that it talks about gladness, bc I think a lot of religious rhetoric talks so much about self denial and all that sort of stuff, which is fine when the case calls for it, but I do think that joy and gladness is often neglected as a virtue.... from a religious perspective at least.

And I would say that there actually is a great hunger in the world for joy, gladness, sincere warmth... even if it is only in the lives of a few people... that is making a difference
    Heh. Joy is mentioned in the very first question in my denomination's catechism.

Q. What is the chief end of man?
    A. To glorify God and enjoy him forever.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I do not believe in the organic genesis of gender dysfunction, and I'm pretty sure science has not proven it. I believe gender dysfunction comes from childhood trauma and issues associated with environment.

I think it's important for children who identify as the opposite gender to get as much therapy as possible as the youngest age possible to rectify the situation.
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. There have been children who before the age of two show signs of identifying with the opposite gender. One such child(biologically female) was threatening to kill himself at 5 if he was forced to wear skirts and be a girl. As far as I am aware there isn't any research correlating gender dysfunction with childhood trauma either.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

I infer that to mean that the child is still innocent, and should be viewed as such. But the Law was broken, and when the Law is broken, intentionally or not, sin has occurred.
    You cannot sin and be innocent at the same time. That's irrational.

I infer that to mean that the child is still innocent, and should be viewed as such. But the Law was broken, and when the Law is broken, intentionally or not, sin has occurred.
    Hello, the RAPIST IS THE ONE GUILTY OF SIN.

Anyway, how much of the Scripture are we certain wasn't mistranslated. (sorry for the anger)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I do not believe in the organic genesis of gender dysfunction, and I'm pretty sure science has not proven it. I believe gender dysfunction comes from childhood trauma and issues associated with environment.

I think it's important for children who identify as the opposite gender to get as much therapy as possible as the youngest age possible to rectify the situation.
    WOW! You're amount of fucked up WRONG beliefs keeps increasing!

Does it MATTER if genetics or environment controls gender identification? No, it doesn't.

Therapy for gender identification, which is a parallel (and actually more extreme) than sexual orientation conversion therapy has been shown to be harmful, and science, the american psychological association has declared that it IS harmful, and they do not condone it.

It is people like you who do not deserve to walk on this planet. Your entire system of beliefs is damaging, offensive to science and society, and it needs to stop.

Ooooh. Let's see. I happen to be a gay man. What do you happen to say about that? By all means fuel my fire. I am just getting started.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Sounds fairly anecdotal and difficult to prove.

People who are gay swear they are 'made' that way as well. But there is no proof of that being organic either. However, you can usually identify a dysfunctional relationship with the parent of the same gender.

No matter. The important thing is that God is TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES.

It's just that you are probably not going to live up to your fullest potential breaking His Law and ignoring His guidance. He made us, and He knows what is best for us.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Socionics
    ILI

@AphroditeGoneAwry is either a troll laughing her/his ass off right now, or is a completely deluded rule-follower with no sense of independent thought.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    You cannot sin and be innocent at the same time. That's irrational.

I am not sure about that.

It's a good point. Worth pondering.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Sounds fairly anecdotal and difficult to prove.

People who are gay swear they are 'made' that way as well. But there is no proof of that being organic either. However, you can usually identify a dysfunctional relationship with the parent of the same gender.
    That is the essence of anecdotal. But more importantly it's NOT supported by research. It's oversimplification, confirmation bias, and just plain inaccurate. Twin studies have shown a biological component to homosexuality.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Socionics
    ILI

No matter. The important thing is that God is TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES.
    Unless we make the wrong choice or are the subject of someone else's wrong choice apparently.