User Tag List

First 1523242526273575 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I like it... To an extent. I definitely agree that our purpose in life is to serve in some way. However, I disagree with the idea that we will always be glad to do it. I know people who have been called to things for a season that they have not enjoyed. I think the idea that God wants us to be happy always is a dangerous one that has lead some people to make poor choices.
    Haha... yeah I know what you mean.... I guess I like that it talks about gladness, bc I think a lot of religious rhetoric talks so much about self denial and all that sort of stuff, which is fine when the case calls for it, but I do think that joy and gladness is often neglected as a virtue.... from a religious perspective at least.

And I would say that there actually is a great hunger in the world for joy, gladness, sincere warmth... even if it is only in the lives of a few people... that is making a difference
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Eh, I don't know. I believe she's sincere and that she really is a strong advocate against child abuse. It's the insane bureaucracy of this whole thing that's mind boggling to me. It's analogous to defending one of those old timey laws like "ducks must wear long pants on Sunday" just because it's the law without examining whether it's a good law or not.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "all God's laws are good because they're God's."
    I Love the Law of God. And it has nothing to do with ducks wearing pants. Silly. Animals are made to serve us and be obedient to us, as we are made to be obedient to God. Though men are not supposed to wear women's clothing, nor women men's clothing.

I've gone through the Law thoroughly, and it's quite beautiful, loving, and beneficial; a wonderful guidebook for life.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

ndovjtjcaqidthi

What happened to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I Love the Law of God. And it has nothing to do with ducks wearing pants. Silly. Animals are made to serve us and be obedient to us, as we are made to be obedient to God. Though men are not supposed to wear women's clothing, nor women men's clothing.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I've gone through the Law thoroughly, and it's quite beautiful, loving, and beneficial; a wonderful guidebook for life.
    No, no, Doonesbury, the cartoon, is a wonderful guide to life, only comparable to, The Wind in the Willows.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Animals are made to serve us and be obedient to us.
    Go in a cage with a tiger, and I think you'll change your tune on this quite quickly.

Though men are not supposed to wear women's clothing, nor women men's clothing.
    You, or some unprovable book does not get to decide this, and thank god it isn't this way.

What would happen if you gave birth to a boy who gender identified with woman and wanted to dress in girls clothing? Because if you said no, then you're messed up and will succeed in just harming the child. Countless studies have determined that forcing someone to side with one gender over another is psychologically damaging.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Point here is that you can be a victim and still sin. You can sin unintentionally. You can sin intentionally. And you can sin presumptuously. All these are ways a person can sin. Children sin!
    Those things after the first statement are true, but they do not support the preceding statement and implication.

You can't be forced to sin as any force takes away moral culpability. And I'm not willing to entertain any perceptions of child abuse as anything other than adult forcing themselves on a child.

Incidentally Augustine is helpful here:

"And thus, so long as the soul keeps this firmness of purpose which sanctifies even the body, the violence done by another's lust makes no impression on this bodily sanctity, which is preserved intact by one's own persistent continence."

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Go in a cage with a tiger, and I think you'll change your tune on this quite quickly.

You, or some unprovable book does not get to decide this, and thank god it isn't this way.

What would happen if you gave birth to a boy who gender identified with woman and wanted to dress in girls clothing? Because if you said no, then you're messed up and will succeed in just harming the child. Countless studies have determined that forcing someone to side with one gender over another is psychologically damaging.
    I do not believe in the organic genesis of gender dysfunction, and I'm pretty sure science has not proven it. I believe gender dysfunction comes from childhood trauma and issues associated with environment.

I think it's important for children who identify as the opposite gender to get as much therapy as possible as the youngest age possible to rectify the situation.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Do you have scriptures to support that assertion?
    I don't need scriptures, ISTJ. God is love. The whole purpose of Jesus was to turn people away from the old ways and into NF-style (more deontological imho) thinking, with a LOVE OF YOUR FELLOW MAN as the base principle. No love, no heaven, rules or no rules. Truly love, you'll obey the rules and get to heaven.

I don't know how to explain it, but it just isn't right to hold the victim guilty of a crime. The child had no malicious intent, so how was he sinning?

You're starting to sound awfully dogmatic for INFJ.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Those things after the first statement are true, but they do not support the preceding statement and implication.

You can't be forced to sin as any force takes away moral culpability. And I'm not willing to entertain any perceptions of child abuse as anything other than adult forcing themselves on a child.

Incidentally Augustine is helpful here:

"And thus, so long as the soul keeps this firmness of purpose which sanctifies even the body, the violence done by another's lust makes no impression on this bodily sanctity, which is preserved intact by one's own persistent continence."

I infer that to mean that the child is still innocent, and should be viewed as such. But the Law was broken, and when the Law is broken, intentionally or not, sin has occurred.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com