User Tag List

First 1321222324253373 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think if heaven exists, and one of gets in they so have to ask the virgin mary how big God's dick is.
    Mary was only a virgin if you don't count anal.

Actually it's beyond absurd. It's damaging and hurtful.

So please do everyone a favor and either recant or shut the hell up.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Do you have scriptures to support that assertion?
    No, just basic, common morality

I recommend saving face by telling everyone you are a troll or by retracting your claim, because your credibility is starting to look like the Sochi Olympic's construction work.

Do you have scriptures to support that assertion?
    I think the point is that this exchange shows that having scriptures on your side is no evidence of being right.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I'm afraid biblically some forms of child abuse are considered causing the child to sin, in the case of incest or sexual immorality.

It is also one of the worst sins to cause another to sin.
    And today in Islam when a daughter is raped, the first impulse of the father is to kill the daughter.

Blaming the victim is as old as religion. It is called scapegoating.

And indeed Jesus is called the Lamb of God, the perfect sacrifice, the perfect scapegoat. So it is no wonder raped children are scapegoated.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Technically they do. They are undoubtedly forced to, most of the time, and God understands this.

But sinning is sinning.

Again, the point is that those who cause children to sin are held accountable to God.
    Ok, I am not going to be nice, because this is NOT ok.

You are using your religious beliefs, something that can not be proven, and is not regarded to be true or universal, to justify and legitimize an act that is morally regarded to be unforgivable and horrible in every respect. Do you realise this? Do you realise that this is NOT AN OK BELIEF TO HAVE? Because if you don't, then quite frankly, you are a horrible person for believing so. It is these lines of thought that are driving some socieities to go backwards in social evolution and progress.

I can keep quiet about religious beliefs that I don't agree with most of the time. However, when they begin using their beliefs to justify moral acts and positions that are regarded to be bad, then that is where I draw the line. This has implications towards the progress of society as a whole, and it NEEDS to stop. It is damaging, and completely unforgivable. Rethink where you stand on this, in the absence of religion, because it is not the arbiter of morality. Honestly though? I bet that's beyond your ability, and that's sad.

Change your stance and I'll take back what I said, but if not, I mean every lick of what I said here.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This thread is making me feel like I need a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You are using your religious beliefs, something that can not be proven, and is not regarded to be true or universal, to justify and legitimize an act that is morally regarded to be unforgivable and horrible in every respect.
    To be fair, nothing she said justifies or legitimizes that act. She didn't say that the perpetrators are not sinners, nor that what they did is okay. However, the fact that children are regarded to have committed a sin in this case, even against their will, is repugnant. Asserting so is indicative of the fact that a strict interpretation of the Bible is inconsistent, unreliable, and utterly lacking in even the most basic of internal logic. Yet, it's used by its adherents to make judgments that they act upon. That's the real crazy up in here.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    No, just basic, common morality

I recommend saving face by telling everyone you are a troll or by retracting your claim, because your credibility is starting to look like the Sochi Olympic's construction work.

awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think the point is that this exchange shows that having scriptures on your side is no evidence of being right.
    I believe in the Word of God, and I see no reason not to believe Jesus, especially when He is restating the OT Law.

I honestly fail to see what is so heinous about all of it? Of course the child is a victim!

Point here is that you can be a victim and still sin. You can sin unintentionally. You can sin intentionally. And you can sin presumptuously. All these are ways a person can sin. Children sin!

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Ok, I am not going to be nice, because this is NOT ok.

You are using your religious beliefs, something that can not be proven, and is not regarded to be true or universal, to justify and legitimize an act that is morally regarded to be unforgivable and horrible in every respect. Do you realise this? Do you realise that this is NOT AN OK BELIEF TO HAVE? Because if you don't, then quite frankly, you are a horrible person for believing so. It is these lines of thought that are driving some socieities to go backwards in social evolution and progress.

I can keep quiet about religious beliefs that I don't agree with most of the time. However, when they begin using their beliefs to justify moral acts and positions that are regarded to be bad, then that is where I draw the line. This has implications towards the progress of society as a whole, and it NEEDS to stop. It is damaging, and completely unforgivable. Rethink where you stand on this, in the absence of religion, because it is not the arbiter of morality. Honestly though? I bet that's beyond your ability, and that's sad.

Change your stance and I'll take back what I said, but if not, I mean every lick of what I said here.

I am probably one of the biggest advocates against child abuse on this forum, if not THE biggest. I live it in practice, and I hold it true in theory.

Just because a child is made to sin, doesn't mean that the child is any less innocent.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.