User Tag List

First 12341252 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

Jesus believed metal illness was caused by demons, so He cured the sufferer of mental illness by casting out the demons.

Christians today perform exorcisms like Jesus, from the Roman Catholics with their official Exorcist to the Protestants who perform exorcisms on a more personal basis.

We learnt during the Enlightenment that Clinical Depression is not caused by demons but is an illness of the mind.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Jesus believed metal illness was caused by demons, so He cured the sufferer of mental illness by casting out the demons.

Christians today perform exorcisms like Jesus, from the Roman Catholics with their official Exorcist to the Protestants who perform exorcisms on a more personal basis.

We learnt during the Enlightenment that depression is not caused by demons but is an illness of the mind.
    What does this have to do with God?
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

We learnt during the Enlightenment that depression is not caused by demons but is an illness of the mind.
    This generalization is akin to saying something like: "The confederate soldiers during the Civil War fought to keep slavery. Now, everyone in the South wishes they could re-enslave the minority groups there." Which is of course, utterly ridiculous.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    What does this have to do with God?
    Christians believe that Jesus is God, and specifically, Jesus is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Christians believe that Jesus is God, and specifically, Jesus is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
    So your post is about people, not God.

Thanks for making me read that same post for probably the fourth time now.

So your post is about people, not God.

Thanks for making me read that same post for probably the fourth time now.
    Do we have our wires crossed?

I am saying that Jesus, who Christians believe is God, exorcised demons.

And I am saying that the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant Churches exorcise demons today in imitation of Jesus their God.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Do we have our wires crossed?

I am saying that Jesus, who Christians believe is God, exorcised demons.

And I am saying that the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant Churches exorcise demons today in imitation of Jesus their God.
    Do you have your own views on God?

Or are you just going to criticize Christians? Which is very easy to do.

Do you have your own views on God?

Or are you just going to criticize Christians? Which is very easy to do.
    I don't share the belief of the God Jesus that Depression is caused by demons. I believe that Depression is a mental illness best treated by a psychiatrist.

It is likely that God and demons don't exist so we can relax and enjoy life.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't share the belief of the God Jesus that Depression is caused by demons. I believe that Depression is a mental illness best treated by a psychiatrist.

It is likely that God and demons don't exist so we can relax and enjoy life.
    Are you holding back?

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Acknowledging to God that you are suffering and that you want to die is the first step. You can verbally cry out to Him to take you, to release you, to relieve you of the burden of your current life. He knows you are suffering and He will not let you suffer to death. But you have to keep the line of communication open, because if you don't, it's YOU closing it, not Him. He is your Lifeline.

In the meantime, be obedient and read the Bible. Give your life up to Him, acknowledge that Jesus was His perfect Son who came to die for all of us, and that we'll never be perfect, and that's okay. We have to acknowledge that though. Men tend to have a lot of pride, which comes between them and God. Lay down your pride, and be humbled before the King. Ask Him to give you a new life and tell Him you will dedicate it to Him, and doing His will. And mean it! Your life is not yours anyway. It's His.

Realize that you are no accident. To be born is overcoming a trillion-to-one odds! He told you He had a purpose for you. Have you asked Him what that purpose is, besides pleasing Him?
    Well my problem with the whole Jesus, and bible thing is the bible is 50% violence, god acts like Zeus, and war, and the other is ok, but that 50% I cannot accept.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post