User Tag List

First 816171819202868 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 873

Thread: The GOD Thread~

  1. #171
    Senior Member Zangetshumody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    For No true Scotsman click on http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/No_True_Scotsman
    This fallacy seems to be based on the faulty assumption, that everyone calling themselves by a certain term, must all be accepted as being part of the same group, irrespective of how they define that term.

    I feel your effectively saying, it's not how I choose to define Christianity that must necessarily be wrong, it's that I'm not allowed to exclude other people who lay claim to the same label.

    I feel I am allowed to exclude other people's labels, because I don't believe in other people; I will believe on other people because that's what my heart of understanding allows, that is the essence of real trust.

    In conclusion:
    I won't [accept and] understand another person to be Christian just because they know how to pronounce or spell the word "Christian".
    Last edited by Zangetshumody; 02-13-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added: essence of real trust. and "In conclusion"...
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

  2. #172
    Senior Member Zangetshumody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yes, that is the 'wise' according to worldly definitions.

    It is man that thinks seeking knowledge is the holiest of endeavors. God tells us that the only knowledge we need is knowledge of Him.
    1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

    So knowledge of him, is having the same mind as Jesus, which will only happen when you understand things like Jesus did; so you will then know what to do perfectly. That gives you peace, joy and righteousness.
    God doesn't want to live in a book, he wants to live in your heart of understanding; so he can fulfill this promise:

    Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

  3. #173
    Member Avalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-
    Posts
    47

    Default

    There are many things that shouldn't exist, spontaneous human combustion, plasma orbs, God etc these things exist irrespective of our beliefs. Humans are too arrogant, we don't know anything, for what reason does these things exist, only my father in heaven knows. We should sit back and see things from a greater perspective. Our galaxy is nothing more than a spec in a sea of universes, with something greater than hyperspace at the apex. This tug and war of atheist vs theist vs thenotsosure could continue indefinitely. The only thing that will prove God and everything else, is death....
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

  4. #174
    Senior Member Zangetshumody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    There are many things that shouldn't exist, spontaneous human combustion, plasma orbs, God etc these things exist irrespective of our beliefs. Humans are too arrogant, we don't know anything, for what reason does these things exist, only my father in heaven knows. We should sit back and see things from a greater perspective. Our galaxy is nothing more than a spec in a sea of universes, with something greater than hyperspace at the apex. This tug and war of atheist vs theist vs thenotsosure could continue indefinitely. The only thing that will prove God and everything else, is death....
    Death of what exactly? Many things may be said to have died if you have a spiritual mind.

    2Co_4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

  5. #175
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Knowing and being Known by God

    The Purpose Driven Life says:

    Knowing and loving God is our greatest privilege, and being known and loved is God's greatest pleasure.

    "If any want to boast, they should boast that they know and understand me....These are the things that please me." ~Jeremiah 9:24

    and

    Prayer lets you speak to God; meditation lets God speak to you. Both are essential to becoming a friend of God.


    love that. You?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  6. #176
    Member Avalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetshumody View Post
    Death of what exactly? Many things may be said to have died if you have a spiritual mind.

    2Co_4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
    All our earthly limitations disappears upon death of the body, we'll be able to gain access to information from the cosmic computer...
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

  7. #177
    Senior Member Zangetshumody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    All our earthly limitations disappears upon death of the body, we'll be able to gain access to information from the cosmic computer...
    Without a soul, there is nothing that can experience quickening, and so you might be immortal, but your are spiritually dead.

    Rom_8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

    1Co_15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

    This is what eternal life means, as opposed to immortality, in immortality; the will is no longer free; because only mortal bodies are subject to "quickening".
    We are a sort of meat machine, but it is not our thinking that should be housed by unreal hardware, we just need to erase the viruses by uploading the right software (the first of which can be called: the discerning spirit)

    Scriptures dealing with the discerning spirit:
    1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
    1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
    1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

    1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

    This is cultivating the gift of Jesus, which is the gift of the Brother/Sister (or the male spirit in all of us that gives).

    Further addition:
    What you say is not untrue, I just wanted to expound in an elaboration that expressly excluded a 'hollow soul' or 'hollow/empty spirit' situation.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

  8. #178
    Senior Member Zangetshumody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    The Purpose Driven Life says:

    Knowing and loving God is our greatest privilege, and being known and loved is God's greatest pleasure.

    "If any want to boast, they should boast that they know and understand me....These are the things that please me." ~Jeremiah 9:24

    and

    Prayer lets you speak to God; meditation lets God speak to you. Both are essential to becoming a friend of God.


    love that. You?
    Jer 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

    Which I guess brings it all back to the all important condition of our hearts of understanding.

    Isa_11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

    That scripture from Isaiah is what it means to have the spirit of the LORD. Whereas the scripture from Jeremiah expresses how its performed.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

  9. #179
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetshumody View Post
    Without a soul, there is nothing that can experience quickening, and so you might be immortal, but your are spiritually dead.

    Rom_8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

    1Co_15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

    This is what eternal life means, as opposed to immortality, in immortality; the will is no longer free; because only mortal bodies are subject to "quickening".
    We are a sort of meat machine, but it is not our thinking that should be housed by unreal hardware, we just need to erase the viruses by uploading the right software (the first of which can be called: the discerning spirit)

    Scriptures dealing with the discerning spirit:
    1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
    1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
    1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

    1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

    This is cultivating the gift of Jesus, which is the gift of the Brother/Sister (or the male spirit in all of us that gives).

    Further addition:
    What you say is not untrue, I just wanted to expound in an elaboration that expressly excluded a 'hollow soul' or 'hollow/empty spirit' situation.
    I do love me some John.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  10. #180
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    By the way, Mole, how ya goin'?
    I am poised between excitement and fear.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The God in Every Man/Woman
    By mippus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO