User Tag List

First 513141516172565 Last

Thread: The GOD Thread~

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That was exactly my point, Prpl. I don't think she's a troll either, she believes all this. Poe's Law has one noted application that one can mistake a sincere person for a troll if the behavior is extreme enough.

I just find it annoying that the thread is called "The 'GOD' thread" but it's really not about "god" in general, since the name "God" is used by various religions to descrivbe a variance of divine personas; it should really just be "The [particular sect] Christian Thread."
    Yeah I'd never heard the term Poe's Law, and so I looked it up, must've misread it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I believe God is intimately related to Dark Energy. Might even be dark energy. Even scientists think this as they call it "the God particle."
    This may not even be what you are talking about but it has always been one of my favorites...

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Just gives me chills... WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN...

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I just love how all you girls refer to me as if I'm not here.

Jennifer. I would almost consider us friends at this point, after the things you have shared with me, if I didn't think it would offend you to call you my friend. Why so cold?

Yes, Gromit, I love Genesis so much. If you follow the creation story through, it completely lines up with the big bang theory. I blogged about that. I would like to do an exegesis of Genesis, but first I need to finish reading the Bible.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    yupp

if you think about it atheist are usually extremist then they find god and because they have the personality trait to be extreme it actually makes a lot of sense as to why they go hardcore. I've also found that 9 out of 10 times non extreme atheists are usually agnostic leaning more towards the atheist side. I think agnosticism is on a contium and you can be closer to atheism or you can be closer to a belief in a creator.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if you think about it atheist are usually extremist then they find god and because they have the personality trait to be extreme it actually makes a lot of sense as to why they go hardcore. I've also found that 9 out of 10 times non extreme atheists are usually agnostic leaning more towards the atheist side. I think agnosticism is on a contium and you can be closer to atheism or you can be closer to a belief in a creator.

I know what you mean. But I became an atheist at 19, after I was in college, probably sometimes during Philosophy 101. I think that is pretty typical of youth-to be an atheist, especially science-minded types, as I was. It is less extremism that I called myself 'atheist', and more that I was conscious of, and in tune with, my beliefs. I've found many people don't really think about their beliefs, and are typically the ones who call themselves, when pressed, 'agnostic'.

I don't think there is such a thing as being too extreme about God. Though, of course, those who do not know God, would call believers 'extreme'.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Just gives me chills... WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN...
    I think the writing there is pretty cool.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Society

heaven is a world in which people would at the very least attempt to comply with the principle of a coherence by testing whether the reasoning and logical structure that supports the arguments in favor of their conclusion and/or beliefs can also be used to support contradicting arguments (a.k.a. conclusions that can not co-exist with their own). but god just keeps taking it away

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I am not really sure what you're saying.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I know all about thinking God and Jesus lovers are crazy though. I know both sides as I was an atheist for so long.
    Why were you an atheist?

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a story about a prophet who God had killed by lions for failing to obey a simple command that he should not eat or drink in a certain land, and turning or allowing a woman to be turned into a pillar of salt. Does God truly love his creations or, we are just guinea pigs to him.....
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"