failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetshumody View Post
    Him being the son of God? or him being the Church Priest in your Church community (who is supposed to be the teacher)?

In John it says:

1Jn 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

and as I explained before, the only thing that you can live through (is not believing on other people), but reliance on a fully realized heart of understanding: and so, one must find the true Gospel, and which church actually has it. Its the gift of the brother and sister in the church that will heal.

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
    You can start to understand the way of righteousness like this: (as my priest said)

There can be no peace without joy and no joy without righteousness.

scripture: Rom_14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

So one can see clearly that he understands how to convey truth.

Him being the Father. Though knowledge of the Son is a necessary part as well.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I am an old earth creationist, which means I believe in the likelihood of the Big Bang, but that God created everything. I have a unique belief that Time came before God, but that is just an educated guess on my part. The Big Bang Theory actually ties in amazingly well with Genesis Chapter 1. I believe God created man, as we exist and as the ancient Hebrews existed, as separate from animals, including apes. There is a missing link because there is no link.

I capitalize LORD because that is how the Bible does it in reference to God. Otherwise Lord usually refers to Jesus. God is only all caps when I mean it more fully, as in the title of this thread.
    Many people don't know this, but the Big Bang was founded by a Christian Fundamentalist (Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître) attempting to steer science back onto course with Christianity because physicists and astronomers at the time were supporting cyclical models (i.e. there is no beginning, and there isn't an end (but there is an end to dynamic energy in an event called "Heat Death" approximately a googol years from now, but that's a different story)), which are beginning to gain speed again today after the decline of the Big Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I capitalize LORD because that is how the Bible does it in reference to God. Otherwise Lord usually refers to Jesus.
    Lord is a medieval term and Jesus didn't live in the medieval period.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Many people don't know this, but the Big Bang was founded by a Christian Fundamentalist (Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître) attempting to steer science back onto course with Christianity because physicists and astronomers at the time were supporting cyclical models (i.e. there is no beginning, and there isn't an end (but there is an end to dynamic energy in an event called "Heat Death" approximately a googol years from now, but that's a different story)), which are beginning to gain speed again today after the decline of the Big Bang.
    Yes the Big Bang Theory was an attempt to shore up Christianity.

However rather than suffering a heat death, the universe is on a runaway accelerating expansion, which will see the universe around the Milky Way disappear forever, and finally the accelerating expansion will pull apart even the atoms of the Milky Way.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes the Big Bang Theory was an attempt to shore up Christianity.

However rather than suffering a heat death, the universe is on a runaway accelerating expansion, which will see the universe around the Milky Way disappear forever, and finally the accelerating expansion will pull apart even the atoms of the Milky Way.
    That requires the proven existence of Dark Energy however, and I've seen some mixed views on it despite its feasibility.

A window to the soul

That requires the proven existence of Dark Energy however, and I've seen some mixed views on it despite its feasibility.
    We know that the distance between galaxies is increasing at an accelerating rate. And we can say it is not the galaxies which are accelerating away from us, rather it is time/space that is expanding at an accelerating rate.

And it is true we haven't isolated Dark Energy in the laboratory, so we don't know much about it, and its existence may be doubted. But the fact of the expansion of time/space is not in doubt.

Socionics
    ILI

We know that the distance between galaxies is increasing at an accelerating rate. And we can say it is not the galaxies which are accelerating away from us, rather it is time/space that is expanding at an accelerating rate.

And it is true we haven't isolated Dark Energy in the laboratory, so we don't know much about it, and its existence may be doubted. But the fact of the expansion of time/space is not in doubt.
    What is called into question however is the universe's expansion, not the acceleration of galaxies's departures from each other. I've seen a few theories that talk of an equilibrium between the universe's sheer gravitational weight and the acceleration of dark energy. They hypothesized, through some measures I don't recall, that space-time is stretching from the acceleration of dark energy but the universe is not expanding because of its own gravity (don't ask me to explain that one, I'm simply the messenger in this situation). I'm not a big supporter of this theory, but it is still an alternative view nonetheless.

What is called into question however is the universe's expansion, not the acceleration of galaxies's departures from each other. I've seen a few theories that talk of an equilibrium between the universe's sheer gravitational weight and the acceleration of dark energy. They hypothesized, through some measures I don't recall, that space-time is stretching from the acceleration of dark energy but the universe is not expanding because of its own gravity (don't ask me to explain that one, I'm simply the messenger in this situation). I'm not a big supporter of this theory, but it is still an alternative view nonetheless.
    It's totally fascinating no matter what the result. We live in extraordinary times when we are discovering the very nature of the universe.

Lord is a medieval term and Jesus didn't live in the medieval period.
    The word "lord" isn't just a medieval term. "Lord" can be traced back to the Anglo-Saxon word hlaford, which referred to the chieftain of a tribe. Through the years, the word has gained multiple meanings, including being used to refer to members of the peerage in the UK. It can also be used to refer to a feudal ruler, a god, etc.