User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Existence is here because when the first light shined, the rainbow unleashed the 3 Infinities, 2 at each end for expansive directions, and 1 for the World.
    Existence is puny when compared to what this is. Existence is a room that is barred from what lay just outside, the actual place. We are stuck in part of the place; a very, very minuscule part of this place that has locked us from the outside. Outside, is the rest of the place, infinitely strange, infinitely deep, infinitely infinite, and here we are stuck in this little box of strange concepts that have arisen out of nowhere but the inside of the box. Gravity, Electromagnetic radiation, words, morality, life, math, time, and space are simply the creation of the box to suit those inside the box, they are nothing but limitations to what this place actually entails on the outside. It's pure possibility mixed with ultimate freedom. It's above existence, it is above any deity or creation story, it is above every little minute detail you can possibly imagine of this existence. The place is simply the personification of the question of ancients, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    And we become everything. Mystics call the threshold of this the veil. Although while after conscientiously passing this threshold there is no learning, you do come back different.
    Unfortunately this is not true.

Our very means of perceiving is by distinctions, there is no mystical way round this. Where there is no distinction, we do not perceive anything.

Before the European Enlightenment of the 17th and 18th centuries there was no evidence and reason, and all we had was mysticism.

The Enlightenment fought mysticism and won and gave us the modern world we see around us.

However those who push drugs do so in the name of mysticism, and those who push religion do it in the name of mysticism.

To discover distinctions read, The Laws of Form, by G. Spencer-Brown.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

Unfortunately this is not true.

Our very means of perceiving is by distinctions, there is no mystical way round this. Where there is no distinction, we do not perceive anything.

Before the European Enlightenment of the 17th and 18th centuries there was no evidence and reason, and all we had was mysticism.

The Enlightenment fought mysticism and won and gave us the modern world we see around us.

However those who push drugs do so in the name of mysticism, and those who push religion do it in the name of mysticism.

To discover distinctions read, The Laws of Form, by G. Spencer-Brown.
    Tis true, I've been there and I'm better for it. You may as well tell me that orange is blue.

Tis true, I've been there and I'm better for it. You may as well tell me that orange is blue.
    Illusions tied to wishfulfillment are very powerful.

Would you be kind enough to tell us the method you used to reach your mystical experience?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Illusions tied to wishfulfillment are very powerful.

Would you be kind enough to tell us the method you used to reach your mystical experience?
    There's no wish fulfillment involved. I can't shoot laser beams out of my eyes, I can't save the world or even myself sometimes. But hmmm, I understand more than I did.

I meditated.

There's no wish fulfillment involved. I can't shoot laser beams out of my eyes, I can't save the world or even myself sometimes. But hmmm, I understand more than I did.

I meditated.
    I am wondering what meditation you followed?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I am wondering what meditation you followed?
    Haha, life meditation. I don't/didn't have a particular style. I walk, I drive, I sit. I freak out, I zone out. I'm sure there are many different degrees of getting there, and there may be more than one there.

When you go there, you willingly relinquish your ego. It's like dying and coming back.

People don't really understand the mystic experience. And it's no wonder, even mystics misrepresent it. Buddhist traditions warn to ignore all those demons and illusions of power. It may be because there is actual power in certain levels of psych(ic/ological) understanding, or it may be because people have the tendency to go batshit crazy when they start poking around within themselves, or both.

There is a very common misunderstanding the mysticism is the same mystification and mumbo jumbo. I really like this wikipedia definition:

Mysticism is "a constellation of distinctive practices, discourses, texts, institutions, traditions, and experiences aimed at human transformation, variously defined in different traditions."
    They are variously defined, but they seem to all explore the same territory with different place names.

WhoCares

And what if, none of this is real anyway? What then?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    And what if, none of this is real anyway? What then?
    Reality is still part of a dichotomy within the box my friend. Outside of the box is an ocean of insanity that would tear apart the foundations of everything that has ever been inside the box. Ultimately, however, the outside of the box is beyond our grasp, and we will never know what it is like on the outside even in death and the destruction of everything in this box.