• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the best definition of "unreal" you can come up with?

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
Perhaps, but it would stand to reason then that an unproven priori would be even less reliable than unproven information.

Working on an unproven priori is like working on an assumption, an internalized assumption with greater complexity than information around us.

If a priori turns out to be false, it is a complex set of beliefs that pertains to oneself and not the environment, making it hard to analyze exactly what went wrong.

Though information is not fact, it is easier to connect to the environment than internalized prioris. Information may be false, but there is a greater likelihood that people will understand how certain information, however false, was extracted from the environment.

More diverse facts, while taking the changing environments into account, give more opportunity for understanding how to get truer information from the environment more effectively.

an a priori is always true.

if an a priori is an assumption it is not an a priori.

a priori are not complex, they are logically extremely simple.

If an a priori turns out to be false then it was never an a priori.

When you start rummaging through what people consider to be a priori, you will start to uncover primal lie perpetuated by a 'primal hurt'. In other words, people become spiritually naked (garden of Eden imagery session).

---------------another point:

I find it useful to not get lost in the stories people tell, and fight endlessly with the a stream of divergent thought that can always adapt and be perpetuated by more tormented induction: rather just look under the hood (car analogy)... look at the engine that they are running on, sure it might be a beast of a motor, that provides so much power and loud torque (or should I say 'loud TALK'); but what is it actually good for? Is that big engine good for your neighbors, and their children and their children's children? Because the dirtier (and obscured) the a priori, the more pollution people have to endure in the energetic sea of the people's in the world [which can be thought of as happening through how each person influences their different spheres of relationship]

Last edited:

Cygnus

an a priori is always true.

if an a priori is an assumption it is not an a priori.

a priori are not complex, they are logically extremely simple.

If an a priori turns out to be false then it was never an a priori.

When you start rummaging through what people consider to be a priori, you will start to uncover primal lie perpetuated by a 'primal hurt'. In other words, people become spiritually naked (garden of Eden imagery session).

So even though human minds are capable of and are constantly misunderstanding, their diverse core prioris are all true, yet different?

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
So even though human minds are capable of and are constantly misunderstanding, their diverse core prioris are all true, yet different?

I don't agree with your assessment.
Do you have a question for me? If so, what is it?

--------
What do you mean exactly by core a priori?
Core as in, whatever your ego happens to excuse itself with?
Because I would say a core a priori is always a positive statement and is only a shield in as much as it outshines the darkness; not because it vanquishes darkness, but that it is obviously to be preferred to the darkness (the darkness of not understanding). Sadly most of the time people do instinctively feel what would be preferable, but they just can't lighten their load and discard their "manufactured a priori" (which the Hari Khrishna's call the "not self") themselves and allow themselves to enjoy the light;- because they have beliefs that don't allow this [beliefs that cause them to love the darkness over sacrificing (the ego) to obtain forgiveness] (the Scientologist's call these things "locks"). I would say the core a priori is the same for everyone: the question is; how much programming is it underneath. Some of it your born into, the zeitgeist, but when the programming includes a working model of vanity that you employ in your dealings with other humans; then you become a willful sinner, who in a space of a few years (or less) will even have forgotten the 'persona' game you started playing.
---------------------

In conclusion:
So basically I can agree with most of what you have said, just excluding the question of: 'yet different'...

they aren't different, they are just independent when judged from the objective manner of speaking: subjectively speaking we are linked, because that a priori which subsists in each of us is the same. (I think it was Aristotle that said, that learnt truth is a matter of recollection)

This can be understood through the scripture also by:
God lives in all of us (independently) [or put another way: God lives inside of each of us], yet we all have a shared living inside of God.

Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh_14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Last edited:

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fake. Or unicorns. Yeah, unicorns is better.

G

garbage

Sorry for short-circuiting back to the OP and not partaking in the evolved discussion, but :shrug:

I'm a believer in the notion that definitions depend upon on context, to a certain extent. From a simplistic perspective, and from two different contexts, "Intangible" and "Improbable" are the first things to come to mind.
Fake. Or unicorns. Yeah, unicorns is better.
Yeah, unicorns too.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In conflict or incompatible with reality. The imaginary can be metaphorically "real". Desiring mutually conflicting things or layering up artifice is unreal in my eyes.