User Tag List

First 456

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I was born catholic in a very free spirit family, then I thought to be athée, I decided I'd be agnostic because I could feel some

forces I could not explain and because I was considering religion only wanted to extend their own power over individuals.

Today I assume the fact that I am a buddhist (I do practice the japonese one).

I was looking for some inner thruths and I'm glad as it helps me focusing more on my own goals, my own feelings, and paying attention to what must be really important to me.

I precise I'm not an asian girl and bouddhism is a choice for more freedom, vitality, self-confidence and more "fair generosity".

Meditation will not force you to prey on your knees in front of a cross where a man has had his wrists pierced, but also where, probably as a kind of decoration I suppose...

in the center of this same cross we can find his crown full of spines and blood _I guess it was fashionable at this time too_

ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I was raised by fairly non-religious parents. My father was raised Catholic and my mother Christian, but neither really practiced these beliefs except on Easter and Christmas. No one ever really told me what to believe. I went to church here and there growing up, but never really learned much about God.

In high school I experienced such overwhelming depression and anxiety that I had to leave after the first few weeks of 9th grade to be home-schooled. I was hospitalized in 10th grade. Throughout this time I felt so lost--words really can't describe how lost I felt. When I think about it now, I can't even describe who I was then. I was almost...nothing, really. Like I barely existed. Throughout this time I spent day after day scouring the public library for information on every religion I could find. I knew something was missing, and I was trying to find it. I researched Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism--essentially every major religion there was to read about, among others. I'd find bits and pieces of thoughts and concepts that touched me, but nothing felt completely true.

Eventually, I found myself at a youth group that began showing me what people who had given their lives to God really looked like. Then, through some pretty "coincidental" relationships, I found a church home where people actually looked like Jesus simply in the way they treated others. I learned who Jesus really is, and why He matters, and what He did for me and that it's real, and finally the hole I'd been trying to fill for so many years found what it had been missing. My Savior.

I was baptized when I was 18, and since then have not looked back. The life that I live now as God's child is so enormously better than the life I had before, it's hard to describe. There's actual reason for hope now. Even when everything SUCKS, I can trust that God is with me and as long as I stay with Him, eventually I will be in a place where there is no more suffering or pain. It's the only thing that gets me through some days. And really the only thing that matters.

I'm still figuring out how to have a close relationship with God, now practicing it through meditation and stillness, things I've never been good at. It's a process. But I can say that through the experiences I've had since becoming a Christian, nothing could take my faith from me. Things have happened to me that, if my faith were going to be lost, it would have been already. Now that I've come to know God, there's no denying His existence anymore.

If anyone has any other questions about my faith or anything, feel free to ask.
    the woods are lovely, dark and deep. but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. - robert frost

(i am probably) ENFP - 6w5 - sx/sp - true neutral (highly sensitive person)
    slytherin pride
    Likes Xann, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by c-jade View Post
    If anyone has any other questions about my faith or anything, feel free to ask.
    What did your family think about your spiritual discoveries?

What do you see as the next step on your faith journey?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What did your family think about your spiritual discoveries?
    All in all they were very supportive. My mom always said she was just glad that I found a faith that was my own. I changed a lot the first few years after becoming a Christian, and I think it was a little harder for my middle sister to get on board with it. She kind of pushed and tested me, almost like she was trying to see how real the change was. At this point though, they've all done Bible studies with me at some point and when they visit me they always come to church with me as well, never by force. They all seem genuinely interested, I think because they see what a huge difference it made in my life and how much happier I've been since I found God.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What do you see as the next step on your faith journey?
    Hm, great question. Well, part of the reason I'm even on this forum is because I'm trying to find myself. A bunch of changes, good and bad, occurred in my life at once recently and in them I was hit with the overwhelming realization that I have no idea who I really am when I separate myself from everyone else. So I think the next big hurdle in my journey is learning who I am in God. It's hard to explain what I mean by that, partially because I'm not even sure. I just know that God knows me better than I know myself, and I want to know who I am in Him rather than who I am with my husband, or my mom, or my sister, or whoever. Because if I can discover who I am in my Creator, then I'll be discovering who I truly am. And I know it'll give me a sense of peace and stability like I've never known, if I can just get to it.
    the woods are lovely, dark and deep. but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. - robert frost

(i am probably) ENFP - 6w5 - sx/sp - true neutral (highly sensitive person)
    slytherin pride

MBTI
    INTP

was born/raised Christian...now i don't give a fuck...i'm a general non-theist, though religion or God imho is unknowable.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

your resident asshole

I lost mine when it fell in the toilet and I accidentally flushed it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I never had a religion, but I used to believe in God. Now I'm agnostic, but I think there could be some sort of being that created humans. It's just hard for me to have a solid belief in any spiritual thing, but they are desirable.