-NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Who are these enemies of yours?

Also, I am glad you used the word 'sent' instead of 'sends' because -

Attachment 14716
    Please ignore my english mistakes..

Anything evil is described as "devil", as an adjective used for anything that harms anyone.
    As you know quran has the same massage of taith as in's masi7's bible, musa's tawrat, adam's and all the other prophetss sent before, each with a spesific style to fit for a specific era, as to excute justice.

However, when the past eras ended, those messages got corrupted, becauae humans forgot it's basics and princples, got lost with the aspect, they started misunderstanding it and corrupt the origional moralities, they replaced them with stupid superstitions and so on.

One of the terms which got mistakingly used was "devil". Now adays people think it's a kind of creation, like humans, which is entierly incorrect. In Quran, Allah reminds humans, corrects this like most of other things. Showing that humans can be devil too, meaning devil is a term, a characteristic to represent an evil person/thing.

In Islam hygien rules, devil can be bacterias, however all what can a devil do is to make you forget, forget faith, it's just a distraction, it's not even a threat.
    Hallucinations, stress, sickness are all devil, it makes you have less energy, thus you wont be positive to achive basic levels of faith, imagen a city with no foundation.

However it is true that "jin" or "genes" exist, we don't see the they see us, they can be faithful or devil (evil), they can be harmful or harmless, but again nothing affects a faithful person.
    You can clearly see why if you consider "chakras".
    Just follow islam and you'll be surely protected.

Now, the memory loss thing isn't even a problem when Quran is a "thikr" meaning it's a reminder, when you read it, you'll remember.
    I do use that, whenever I forgot what I studied during tests, I say "bism-el-la" it means "In the name of allah" this is what you have to say at the begining of every verse.

Once you follow Islam you wont have enemies. With out it humans are lost.
    The prophet muhammad (peace upon him and all the nessengers) described himself like a man calling people who are attracted to the fire like bugs. You're shown the path, the right way, and the truth.

I realised I used a lot of "and". I don't want to go through it and edit it, it came to me like that, because that's what we all know.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

a change in my basic psychological makeup... I'm not sure that as the person I am I would be inclined to worship a deity even if I met one and had a nice chat over lunch that they'd summoned from thin air.

wishing that something were possible doesn't make it so
    This is exactly how I feel. It doesn't really matter to me if a god exists or not, it wouldn't change my behavior. I have no interest in worshiping or praying to anyone. I don't care how benevolent or righteous that being may be.

I remember being in church and certain prayers required the congregation's participation. The responses were usually about how unworthy we were, how we're lost sheep and need to be guided. That was probably one of the biggest cracks in my belief. The kind of god that requires me to prostrate myself at their feet is not a god I want anything to do with.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

- Did you switch / lose / or gain religious belief?

Um, I guess lost. I don't really know? Almsot everyone on both sides of my family is religion (Christian or Catholic), except for my dad and his 2 siblings. My mom's kinda lazy so she didn't actually bring me or my sister to church all that often. My dad never went with us when we did go. Since I was kinda/sorta raised with the intention to adopt the same religious beliefs, but as an adult do not share them, I guess that would qualify as "lost".

- What were the involved religions (for example switching from a to b or losing a)

From Christianity to None. I don't consider myself an atheist or even agnostic. I just... really... don't care. I couldn't care less. I don't even want any kind of religious label other than "None."

- In all honesty what do you think were the main factors in that process?

I don't think I could honestly say that I'd probably have been more "socialized" into having the same beliefs as my mom had she taken us to church more often. I don't think it really matters. Once I was old enough and thought about it for myself and came to my own conclusions, that was that. I also don't have the same political views as either of my parents. So, thinking for myself, I guess?

I hope this doesn't come off as hating on people who are born into a religion and stick with it. I'm really not trying to imply that they can't think for themselves. They definitely can.

- If you don't believe what would it take for you to gain belief?

100% indisputable objective proof with absolutely no room for misinterpretation. An example of what that would look like, I couldn't say.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes Chrysanthe liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I was raised Catholic through my childhood. I wouldn't say there ever was a time when I was a firm believer to begin with, I decided that I was an atheist when I was 7 years old. Perhaps from more juvenile decisions back then, but still. I recall being in the hospital, diagnosed with an autoimmune and there was a moment where I thought "What have I done to deserve this?". Back then I thought if there was a God, he must be very cruel. That's how it started.

It was hard to break it to my family that I didn't wish to attend mass anymore. I rebelled for a long time before they gave in. In my teenage years, when my critical thinking developed more, it made no sense to me why there would be a "higher being". Religion, however, to me was clear why and how it started out. Once I understood that it was a social construct, I completely rejected the notion of religion. I don't think anything could convince me of the existence of a deity at this point.

If people need some artificial hope to cling onto in the form of a religion, it doesn't bother me at all. If they use it to better themselves, good for them. As long as they don't try to shove it down my throat. I also wish parents wouldn't make their children practice their religion. Teaching their child about religions and letting them decide for themselves whether they're religious or not is a different thing though.
    Likes Pinker85 liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP

Did you switch / lose / or gain religious belief?

What were the involved religions (for example switching from a to b or losing a)

Wait, what r the instructions? lmao ... but no, ugh, I don't know what I am, I guess agnostic. I grew up Mormon.

In all honesty what do you think were the main factors in that process?

I was 7-8 years old, sitting in the big banyan tree in the church courtyard, having skipped out on class once again ... I looked up into the sky through the branches and knew I didn't believe. But it was like a number of things, like I had one sunday school teacher and she was like, well, the gays are going to hell ... and I just thought, no, I don't believe this, God is love. I knew that whatever made the universe had to be loving. I knew that if there was a God he would never condemn anyone to what I had heard hell was. But I think more so it was cause church was three hours long ... that's too long and the benches were wooden and if there had been more chips, cheesy dip, and lazyboys involved, I may well still be religious to this day.

If you don't believe what would it take for you to gain belief? A feeling that I believed. Also nothing lights up my heart quite like the word refreshments and cushiony couches, so maybe that too ...
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

The simple answer is I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and it changed my life forever. I don't have time now to explain. I've written a little more about my experience in other threads.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust You,
    how I've proved You o'er and o'er.
    Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus.

I once was lost, but now I'm found.
    Likes c-jade liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarCowgirl View Post
    The simple answer is I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and it changed my life forever. I don't have time now to explain. I've written a little more about my experience in other threads.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust You,
    how I've proved You o'er and o'er.
    Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus.

I once was lost, but now I'm found.
    Were you raised in your current faith, or did you choose it as an adult?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default How did you gain / switch or lose your religion

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post

What were the involved religions (for example switching from a to b or losing a)

If you believe what would it take for you to lose that belief?

If you don't believe what would it take for you to gain belief?

feel free to add questions to that list
    cheers!
    I see you're so interested in this kind of subjects [emoji1]
    I can give some answers here they are

-I gained a religious belief..

-I was stuck somewhere in between atheism and religion, but now I find myself more of a religious person

-Curiosity, critical thinking, and basically being open to all opinions

If you believe what would it take for you to lose that belief?
    -when I try to put God into some sort of specific context if that make sense, and make expectations that he should meet.. Like thinking that God is basically serving me and suppose to do things the way that I think or feel is good for me or for the world..

If you don't believe what would it take for you to gain belief?
    Well I think if I was in a really big trouble (like a gross injustice) where all my possible logic solutions that I've tried do not seem to work in any possible way, I have two options:
    1. Collapse dramatically and just shutdown, might lose my mind or even commit suicide..
    2. Be strong and hoping and (believing) that a greater power would put an end for my suffering, and if I died as a result and the people responsible were not ever punished, this greater power would judge and punish them and do them exactly what they did to me, and maybe make it up for me in a better place, that belief would relief me and make get over my pains somehow..
    The second option obviously is were I practically gain a faith [emoji56]
    I hope it was helpful have a wonderful day [emoji178]
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default How did you gain / switch or lose your religion

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    l. It has made my thinking SO much clearer. I stopped coloring everything in false logic, stopped wishing things to be true, and actually put mental effort into things I usually woudln't because of a spiritual crutch. Being in school helped all of this come to be because the kind of work I do required very very rigorous thinking. It was a matter of time before that kind of thinking leaked into other aspects of my life. In essence, my brain could no longer hide from itself, idealism broke.
    Hello from another ENFJ [emoji137]🏻
    I'm kinda touched when I read your story you've been through a tough childhood, I can understand that, I myself have been through very unstable childhood and teenage years.. That's just life I guess
    I hope future will bring you the best you wish for[emoji255]
    Well Your story is kind of similar to mine, I had no one to take care of me when I was child, my father is out, my mother is always locking herself in the room reading religion books and when she sits with me, she doesn't care AT ALL of how I'm doing in life (except for some aspects that would not make my father think she's not doing her job) so all she talk about was the usual boring religious stuff, like the power that I could gain if I was a true believer, and that God would make that coffee table move for me if he just knew I was believing him,and as a 7 years old kid, I couldn't buy any of these cartoonish myths , but any way.. I sit down in my room and closed my eyes, and tried to bring up all my believing power to force that night-stand to come to me "I command you by the power of God to come to me" I said [emoji28][emoji85] that's not how it works you know hahaha.. That's when I started to think the religion was a bluff, so yeah I can understand what you're aiming at and you couldn't be more right [emoji4]
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I grew up in a very religious home. I had many bad experiences both in life and at church. All these things added up and now I'm not religious at all. I would like to believe, but just can't. I think when the lights go out that's it.