MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I developed critical faculties.
    You weren't born with them? People with critical faculties vote Republican, by the way. Lincoln freed the slaves, after all. My only thing that really gives me pause about voting Republican is religion. Republicans need to start supporting atheist candidates.

I would date a Democrat, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Raised Catholic as a kid but I'm Agnostic, not Athiest. To be an Athiest, one is still mired in beliefs. Agnosticism is the logical choice for someone like me since it involves addressing what one knows, rather than what one believes.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, riva, Opal liked this post

I never had a religion, not even on paper. Therefore there was nothing to lose.

Actually when I was in the first grade I made most kids in the class cry by openly claiming that the whole Santa thing is just a lie.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I never had a religion, not even on paper. Therefore there was nothing to lose.

Actually when I was in the first grade I made most kids in the class cry by openly claiming that the whole Santa thing is just a lie.
    A SANTA BASHER?....SO non-Sish. lol
    Man does not live, he just survives - Steve Camp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Did you switch / lose / or gain religious belief?

Yes, when I was 15 I left my religion, a kind of cult like bible religion to become what might be best called an agnostic seeker.

In all honesty what do you think were the main factors in that process?

On an intellectual level I felt that what I was taught was not lining up at all with the world I saw. And even more importantly, it wasn't lining up with how I felt like it was right to relate to people. Looking back, though, emotionally and developmentally their rules were very imposing had cut me off from from being a whole person by design. I think if had been a more reasonable faith, I wouldn't have rejected it.

If you don't believe what would it take for you to gain belief?

Most of what I 'believe', which is an incredibly nebulous monotheism, is actually experiential knowledge, and a fundamental understanding of what has to exist in order for me be engaged and involved in life. I have never been happy involved in any endeavor unless I felt like it was meaningful at a high scale, and I understood it. Finding this in life in order to feel involved a priori may sound like a cop out to others, but I experience it as a genesis, a origin singularity, echoing that that one bootstrap life had to pull itself in the first molecular replication.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Started Christian or whatever. Went to church with a friend when I was a kid. Religion was never brought up in the household. Not that it was kept on the hush-hush; it just.. was never a topic of discussion.

So, I lost that belief pretty quickly.

Now, I'm all about pantheism. Pretty much. That is, there's something underlying the reality that we observe, but we simply can't see the whole picture because our perspective is limited. What's beyond our limits? What underlies what we see? I strongly, strongly believe that it's not some set of one or more anthropomorphic beings. Or the stars themselves. Or the sun.

Other than that, it's difficult to pin down. But it is a perspective that everything's all connected in some way (even if just very, very loosely). That perspective readily leads the way toward an ethical code, lifestyle, and personal philosophy.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 09-14-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typing up all this crap on a phone
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I grew up in a mixture of a Catholic & Methodist family, but currently don't follow any specific religion. I'm not really fond of most organized religions, as I think a lot of them tend to be cult-like and sort of ruin the idea of independent thought, but I don't have anything against people who are religious as long as they're not a crusty hemorrhoid about their ideas and keep an open mind and realize this isn't the 17th century and you can't hide from the rest of the world.

My dad is a Catholic, my mom is a Methodist. It never caused a lot of strain on their relationship, but they decided my brother and I would go to a Catholic school from kindergarten to 8th grade because they believed it was important that we learn about God and develop some kind of faith (among other reasons, such as getting a better education and there being less of a chance for bullying and other stuff they didn't want us seeing as wee tikes).

It had its ups and downs. This isn't the thread to share my personal schooling experience on, but mainly the religious parts are what gave it negativity.

I stopped thinking too much about religion by the time I was 10 or 11. I didn't consider once being a nun like maybe half my female classmates did (that number fell to only one by middle school, however). I didn't disagree with the teachers when they told us God exists, I just didn't think about it. All I knew is I hated the fundamentalist views on religion and I wanted more out of the world.

Now I go to a public high school where atheism is the norm. People don't talk about religion there. I'm grateful that it's not being pushed in my face all the time, but I'm also sort of wondering what it's like to be religious, because not all religious people can possibly be like the ones I was exposed to. They'd all be dead by now or living in the basement of Westboro Baptist.

My parents aren't weird to me about not following a religion, in fact, I think seeing me go through the Catholic school made them both sort of fall out of touch with their own religions.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I grew up elca lutheran, my parents believed it was important to go to church ever week, so I went through all of the elements of that. I resented being forced to go, and on some level questioned all of it, but I wouldn't say it was a terrible experience or I was 'turned off' from all of it. But also, it never played a significant role in my world view or beliefs.

Once in college I was quite happy not to have to go to church anymore, ha. In my final two years of college, I really took it up again, in more of a worldview belief, the reasons for which I won't go into here, and that lasted until a year or so out of college. Then I realized where I had gone, without any actual reason for believing any of it, and then spent a solid year or two THINKING about all of it, and formulating and crafting my own thoughts on all of it. After digging into all of that, I got to a point where I was /am content to pretty much not dwell on any of it. It's kind of like, been there, done that, no interest or point in digging further. I guess I'm agnostic but I don't honestly think that label means a whole lot. I think Agnostics in and of themselves cover a huge, huge spectrum. In any event I don't practice anything.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Did you switch / lose / or gain religious belief?

no

What were the involved religions (for example switching from a to b or losing a)

my mother is christian, which she came into on her own when she was a teenager (she wasn't raised in the church or anything)... she's the happy "jesus loves everyone" type of christian, so it's not like I was repelled from religion because the most primary example in my life was intolerant and judgy of others my dad has always been agnostic

I was dragged to church every sunday growing up, and sunday school and bible school as well (my mom was the coordinator), however, I was never baptized and my mom never pressed the issue... I was the wild child who taught other children to try and summon bloody mary in the church bathroom with the lights out and would convince everyone to play hide and seek in the graveyard surrounding the church after dark

we went to a variety of protestant churches growing up because whenever a new pastor would arrive and he was NOT into the "jesus loves everyone" brand of christianity, my mom would decide that it was time to move on

In all honesty what do you think were the main factors in that process?

I never really believed in anything... nothing has made any sense religion-wise to me even though I know that most people who have been through the same experiences that I have with the same types of resolutions tend towards religion even if they had none in the first place. I mean, it would be nice to believe in something of the sort... to believe in things like absolution and such and that there was some meaning behind everything, but it just doesn't click.

If you don't believe what would it take for you to gain belief?

a change in my basic psychological makeup... I'm not sure that as the person I am I would be inclined to worship a deity even if I met one and had a nice chat over lunch that they'd summoned from thin air.

wishing that something were possible doesn't make it so
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes LonestarCowgirl, Proctor liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    Well, I chose to remain muslim.

Because I understand physics bery well, and I'm impressed with the holy quran. All what I find right and justice are Islam's princples, I'm even way less kind though

Maybe it sounds simple or.. But I have a strong intuit, not that I'm some genius or I have super powers, just different. I am very good at certain things like knowing what makes sense, although I have a noticeable lacking at expressing my thoughts

I'm thankful that I could understand the message my creator sent me, that explains this universe and life, that it's a test I can easily pass, who are my enemies, who are my leaders, and most importantly he had acknowledged himself.

That's the only reason I don't have a mental disorder. Because I'm freaking insane if only I hadn't known There's someone who understands me and takes care of me in this life, where no one abslutly can see all those things I can never talk about, no words fit for them, I'd had given up, because I was going to be alone then.
    Who are these enemies of yours?

Also, I am glad you used the word 'sent' instead of 'sends' because -

wallls-com-12379.jpg