• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Creator CANNOT Be Omniscient

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was just thinking that if an external Creator exists, it would be omnipotent but it cannot be omniscient. Agree? Disagree? Somewhat agree? Somewhat disagree? Any other alternative thoughts?

If there is no such thing as an external Creator and we are the Creator (meaning everything is the Creator in cumulation), the same would still apply in that the collective consciousness of everything is omnipotent but it cannot be omniscient. Agree? Disagree? Somewhat agree? Somewhat disagree? Any other alternative thoughts?

A single mistake or error immediately equates to non-omniscience. Examples may include being wrong about a single future prediction or being wrong about a future set of variables.

A partial mistake or error also immediately equates to non-omniscience. Examples may include being partially wrong about certain variables pertaining to the future.

Is it even logically possible for a single entity or a collection of entities to be omniscient?

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends.

Different religions or denominations have different apologetic arguments. For example, I was taught in my high school's apologetics class (Church of Christ) that the answer to the question "Can God create a rock he cannot lift" is that the answer is no, because God's omnipotence is within the context of God's role. That he can't do things he wouldn't do as a creator and God of humanity. There's not a single situation where he'd ever need or want to make a rock he couldn't lift, so he couldn't do it because he'd never do it. So it doesn't affect his omnipotence.

Then if you ask Southern Baptists, I'm pretty sure the answer would be, "That's a ridiculous question meant to disprove God, and you should be ashamed of yourself and repent before you face your fiery damnation in the coming rapture."

:alttongue:

Anyways. Catholics have a different answer to that question, Mormons have a different answer to that question, Hindus have a different answer to the question for their gods... it depends on what kind of doctrine you're talking about.

So you'll have to specify what you're talking about a bit deeper, since there's not just one concept of a "Creator", and definitely not just one explanation or interpretation of that Creator.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well considering I don't believe in a "creator" per se. . That means they can't know everything. I believe in the universe and some sort of order within the chaos but I see it as more of a natural phenomenon or "'law" like gravity. And gravity doesn't know everything. It just ... is.

So I think of it like that. God for lack of a better term, or rather, for the sake of simplicity, just .. is. The creator doesn't know anything .. they just are. Like the ocean or sky or Sun ...

Alea_iacta_est

A favorite paradox of mine:

If God, an omnipotent and omniscient being, creates something that he cannot know and cannot control, does God cease to be omniscient and omnipotent?

Ojian

MBTI Type
INTP
First you have to define what you mean by "omnipotent" and "omniscient". Unfortunately in the context of this subject, people often have different definitions, as has already been demonstrated by the commenting posts.

And if, as I suspect, the definition involves an ability to do or be 'something', I would then ask: If the creator does not exercise that ability to its fullest extent, can it still be considered omni-x?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The attributes of a creator can't fully be intuited with reasoning, because they are the creator of reason and therefore beyond and and also the source of reason, structure and law.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I remember reading at one point the idea of how the divine made/makes/is making part of itself unaware so as to perpetuate growth and moving into union such that there can be appreciation.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if there's a creator, who's to say he/she/it didn't make the rules of the universe? like when games are invented, the gamemaker(s) create the rules. same concept. I'm not saying there is a creator nor that there isn't, I don't know. I also don't care, it's not that important to me, I'll find out when I'm dead.

Cygnus

Well, God wants you to worship him, as in dedicate every waking second of your life to his will. If you're worshiping him, the ultimate motivation for your actions is God; ergo, you cannot "worship" God because you want to get to Heaven, because you'd be doing it to get yourself to Heaven, not for God.

And God lets innocent people die, right? Even if they're doing his service.

Ergo, to be a follower of God you do not care what happens to you.

So faith in God is not the subjective "mission to get to Heaven" as modern followers like to think. God is love. If you're selfless enough, if your goals are selfless and you try to become more selfless, you'll be able to follow God.

So we can say that God is still not only omnipotent (because he can control anything but chooses not to,) but also omniscient for the same reason. It's not about you and your petty little paradise, it's about him.

So all the people who came here hoping to go to heaven and see their family and friends again, please leave the room.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
A favorite paradox of mine:

If God, an omnipotent and omniscient being, creates something that he cannot know and cannot control, does God cease to be omniscient and omnipotent?

I think if there was a case like that, God would still be omnipotent but not omniscient. God would know more than its creation. In other words, simply being more powerful than its creation is enough to suffice the definition of omnipotence.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Creator was the Devil, and this entire Matrix is His torture prison. He used to command Will, but Bunny is playing games on Him Now.

Cygnus

The Creator was the Devil, and this entire Matrix is His torture prison. He used to command Will, but Bunny is playing games on Him Now.

That sounds like the Demiurge of Gnosticism. If you'd stop throwing in bull like "Bunny" I might actually consider what you have to say.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sounds like the Demiurge of Gnosticism. If you'd stop throwing in bull like "Bunny" I might actually consider what you have to say.

The Gnostic Creator masquerades as God in the Bible, but the real Creator is Cosmic Master Melchizedek, the Ultimate Mastermind of Infinities and the Will of All!