User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Hey... That's my point. You can't steal it.
    Too late, I've already stolen it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I do. Australian intelligence is an oxymoron. Someone's been drinking the kool aid...
    Actually we have suprisingly good Intelligence, but is really no surprise because we generously fund our Intelligence Agencies, we share the Intelligence of Britain, the USA, Canada, New Zealand. We monitor all the phone, radio and internet traffic in Australia and Asia. And we have been able to arrest all Islamic extremists before they committed mass murder in Australia and bring them before our Criminal Courts.

And at the same time we have been able to maintain our traditional freedoms. So far, so good.

WhoCares

Note to self - don't edit ignore lists, you were right the first time.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    If that were true, we would have no novels, for novelists imagine what it is to be like someone they have never been.

So we can imagine what it is like to be an American as so many novelists have already done.

Or you can be an American and watch Downton Abbey and imagine what it is like to be condescending.
    You can imagine, but you can never actually be. and anyone can be condescending so that's comparing apples to oranges
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    You can imagine, but you can never actually be.
    This is true. And I can never be you, however we are inter-subjective animals and I can imagine what it is like to be you.

And we respond to our imagination almost the same as we respond to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    We can't ride kangaroos and barbecue shrimp, so we have to settle for this. We have things called cities here and can't just get by through stealing other people's sheep or whatever you guys do.

Anyway, haters are annoying.
    I sensed no derision in his post, Founder.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Guaranteed, but not an enforced guarantee.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Antarctica! Antarctica!
    The South Pole over all!
    The Nephilim shall perish,
    The northern swine shall fall.
    Ye children of the ice land,
    Let this your war cry be,
    Take sword unto the condemned,
    We'll reign eternally

(I fantasize about a brutal Antarctican republic filled with cannibals and I thought, what the hell, this is a post about countries and stuff.)

Default A Little Pirouette

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Antarctica! Antarctica!
    The South Pole over all!
    The Nephilim shall perish,
    The northern swine shall fall.
    Ye children of the ice land,
    Let this your war cry be,
    Take sword unto the condemned,
    We'll reign eternally

(I fantasize about a brutal Antarctican republic filled with cannibals and I thought, what the hell, this is a post about countries and stuff.)
    The reality is that the Antarctic Treaty is the largest and most successful land treaty in the world.

And how cunning we were. We claim half of the Continent of Antarctica, as big again as the Continent of Australia. And indeed Australian Subjects in Australian Antarctica vote in my electorate of Canberra.

But we find it stretches our resources to defend one Continent, never mind defending another half of another Continent. So we said, why defend it, why don't we turn Antarctica in a National Park.

So we approached the nations of the world, to persuade them to save Antarctica for future generations. But of course we needed the American Aircraft Carrier Fleets to defend Antarctica.

And guess what! The Americans signed a Land Treaty with us and put a base right in the middle of Antarctica at the South Pole.

And so Antarctica turns and turns around the South Pole, a little pirouette, once every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The reality is that the Antarctic Treaty is the largest and most successful land treaty in the world.

And how cunning we were. We claim half of the Continent of Antarctica, as big again as the Continent of Australia. And indeed Australian Subjects in Australian Antarctica vote in my electorate of Canberra.

But we find it stretches our resources to defend one Continent, never mind defending another half of another Continent. So we said, why defend it, why don't we turn Antarctica in a National Park.

So we approached the nations of the world, to persuade them to save Antarctica for future generations. But of course we needed the American Aircraft Carrier Fleets to defend Antarctica.

And guess what! The Americans signed a Land Treaty with us and put a base right in the middle of Antartica at the South Pole.

And so Antartica turns and turns around the South Pole, a little pirouette, once every day.
    Eh...I was just screwing around. Thas all