User Tag List

View Poll Results: What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

13 24.53%
  • ISTJ

16 30.19%
  • INTJ

2 3.77%
  • ENTJ

1 1.89%
  • ESFP

6 11.32%
  • ISFP

11 20.75%
  • ESTP

2 3.77%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INFJ

20 37.74%
  • INFP

13 24.53%
  • ENFP

2 3.77%
  • ENFJ

11 20.75%
  • ISFJ

25 47.17%
  • ESFJ

25 47.17%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%

12 22.64%

10 18.87%

1 1.89%

4 7.55%

0 0%

12 22.64%

1 1.89%

1 1.89%

6 11.32%
  • SO

14 26.42%
  • SX

1 1.89%
  • SP

5 9.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a certain type that is attracted to religion and serving religious causes?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Is there a certain type that is attracted to religion and serving religious causes?

Are there certain types that favor religion more than others (MBTI, Enneagram, Instinctual Subtype)? I think age is a factor as well. How does that factor in?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Entertaining Cracker Array five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Are there certain types that favor religion more than others (MBTI, Enneagram, Instinctual Subtype)? I think age is a factor as well. How does that factor in?
    religion or spirituality? my knee-jerk response is that SJs would favor religion while NFs would favor spirituality. also, e1 may like religion while e9 would be drawn to spirituality. so/sp: religion, sx/sp: spirituality.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

Submissive people?
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

I don't know. But I met someone who is a declared atheist. After talking with him about metaphysics, I quickly realized that he would discard certain aspects of religious faith and metaphysics in favor of his logical arguments against there being a God. I tried to talk with him about different kinds of aspects to faith and some cross-over physics theories that present real paradoxes in understanding what is real, but he quickly discarded them, suggesting that science is a means to a foundation for truth and reliability, whereas religion is simply not. The strangest part is that one of my instructors quickly backed him up by suggesting that atheists allow people to think about and reason against different ideas, whereas religion simply tells people what to think; however, because this declared atheist was so resistant to anything that might break down his arguments and because he is so adamant about the idea of God being false, he's pretty much telling people what to think anyway. It makes me lose my faith in wanting anything to do with other people, but I think he's pretty much type 5 in enneagram.
    Likes that's not my name liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm going to say SFPs, INFJs, 1s, 4s would tend more towards this on average given the percentage of them in the population.

I think certain types - like Enneagram 5s would be less likely to be religious.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Riva

Not sure. Infjs seem religious irrespective of what religion they belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think certain types - like Enneagram 5s would be less likely to be religious.
    Right, but did you read my post? The gist of it was that he saw himself as not religious when in fact the way he supported and encouraged atheism against other religions (religions that believe in one or many deities) made him equivalent to someone who is religious.

What do you mean by religious then, if he is clearly distinguishable, other than that he supports the pursuit of science to better his life, whereas something like Christianity does not?

Because I've seen fives fall into this trap a lot and it's just as hard to talk to them about their beliefs as it is, say a Christian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Right, but did you read my post? The gist of it was that he saw himself as not religious when in fact the way he supported and encouraged atheism against other religions (religions that believe in one or many deities) made him equivalent to someone who is religious.

What do you mean by religious then, if he is clearly distinguishable, other than that he supports the pursuit of science to better his life, whereas something like Christianity does not?

Because I've seen fives fall into this trap a lot and it's just as hard to talk to them about their beliefs as it is, say a Christian.
    I don't think atheism is a form of religion.

Tri-type 639
    Likes Babybop liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Feeling types and maybe some STJs (think of someone like Angela from The Office). Of course, there are always exceptions, but it does seem like if we put all the NTs together on a desert island, the ones who openly identified as religious or spiritual would be a minority.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Types valuing tradition (Si) and communal feeling (Fe) maybe. All rise.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast