• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there a certain type that is attracted to religion and serving religious causes?

What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

• Total voters

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my experience the most spiritual types (by not belonging to a particular religion but deeply spiritual) happen to be xxFPs.

Belonging to established religion xSxJs

Atheists, agnostics, non-believers xNTPs

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
In my experience the most spiritual types (by not belonging to a particular religion but deeply spiritual) happen to be xxFPs.

Belonging to established religion xSxJs

Atheists, agnostics, non-believers xNTPs
So you're saying that FPs on av. have a broad range of magical delusions

That SJs are keen to participate in organized mass delusions

And NTPs tend to be less suscreptible from cultural artifacts fof our biology and primitive societies

Seems about right, so there s plenty of delusional / sane people in each group

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IxFP's and xSFJ's/xSTJ's

I wouldn't necessarily say INFJ's to be religious by nature, but more as open to new ways of looking at things.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
All the ESFJs I know participate of religious acts... "religiously". They are always thinking of how something affects others (Fe) but also how the ones who don't believe the same way or don't value traditions (Si) are somewhat egotistical. I say this because all the ESFJs I know scold me (INTP, 5 sp/sx) claiming I'm egotistical and that religion should help me put myself in others' shoes. I also know religious 5s, so I don't think it's a black-or-white question, but according to my experience, ESFJs, 2s social tend to like working in group for a global cause. I just like anarchy and Wi-Fi, the rest of the world can burn.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If an SJ is raised in a religion with little conflict. It is theoretical that an SJ would be there for life as Si/Je functions are satisfied and would not need to expand because of no hardships making a life consistent and easy relying on a stable text.

If other environmental conditions occur or unique circumstances due to the nature of the SJ, perhaps but unlikely unless it is quite out of the norm AND there is another group advocating for the people out of the norm the SJ would leave the group in better hopes of being able to function in the new society if provided the stability.

The other and much simpler outcome is if the SJ was outside of the religion and all values were met. SJ would not need to be religious.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most my family I know (the most religious ones) tend to be SJ's. My father is STJ and way into it, as is my aunt and uncle who is an unhealthy ISFJ.. kinda funny though considering my STJ friend is more atheistic. Meaning while most seem more religious, it's clearly not always the case and more a matter of perceptions in this day and age. SFJ is more likely as the T ends up making them more critical of the potentialities in religion unless they have some experience (my dad supposedly did) and become totally devoted. Always comes down to experience.

Any NF's I know are not necessarily usually religious(it's too structured) but tend to be more spiritual. I do believe there's a difference. But I've also known an NF Christian(but he was very casual) and an NF Pagan. By the same token I know an NF Agnostic(but she's somewhat spiritual still and more open minded than most).

So I'd say NF is usually more spiritual, while SJ is usually more religious. Exceptions are always present of course.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't know which types predominately favor religion. I've always been fascinated that some believe and some don't. There is no changing the others viewpoint. It would be analog to changing one's nature-DNA and Nurture-soft programming. I have a problem with religion forcing unto another their belief and vice versa an agnostic or atheist enforcing their viewpoint.

It's simply not doable and a waste of time. What's more the person susceptible to this behavior of altering another person their belief are being held by blind spots. They do not manifest inter and intrapersonal intelligence, have dogmatic view and are in action intolerant not respecting each to follow his or her own path.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies.” Joseph Campbell

"Every premise imaginable is real to the recipient. Truth is not a single entity, not one knows truth. It is what our internal data tells us and is not proven by science, god or existence. My saying, ""What i fervently hold to be the truth and feel in every fiber of my being. I know it. I feel it. I believe it. With a passion! (May not be existence).

I respect your God. He is for you. As such he is your belief. It is part of your belief system. You can believe no other like Agnosticism can believe no other for we are defined by belief and not a proven reality." LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"A Belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses it is an idea that possesses the mind." Robert Oxton Bolton

"Nothing is real or what we can see, feel, touch, taste, and hear is real, which is it? Both are elements of the truth. What we perceive through are perceptions are part of the real world or reality. But the labels that we prescribe to our experiences are projections of perceptions. In other words one event will be witnessed by five people and five “realities” will be experienced and reported and not the actual reality. Our perceptions are blinded, distorted, and also colored by fears, prejudices, blind spots, stereotypes, false and limited information, and superstition.

Our understandings and perceptions change with time and experience. Our realities thus change as well. What we perceive as real is only a temporary perception. One can thus say that what we perceive as real is an illusion. Only God can know what is real and the truth but there is no “God." LightSun

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Those who value tradition will be attracted to religion, I would say.
I think intuitive types may be more attracted to spirituality in general, since they are more likely to ask the big questions that may not have answers.

although I am unaware of my full type (it has varied between ESFJ and ISTJ), I am a very religious Christian, so.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My Christian roots aren't that strong, and there is no proof of a God. But I do alternate between theism and atheism. Idk why.

Hmm, for types in general well I'd say Fe can because of social norms and harmony, but of course not always since they are too capable of thinking for themselves and can decide whether religion is good or bad. But now people in general are becoming less religious, so that may affect this.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ, ESFJ, and ENFP are listed as the the top three types to be clergy in general: link

ISTJ is the majority type for Catholic priests: link
According to the classification of Psychological Types, priests with these characteristics, comes under the general ISTJ

Women priests in the Church of England are mostly INFJ/INFP: link
A sample of 83 Anglican clergywomen in England completed the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). The data demonstrated clear preferences for introversion (63%) over extraversion (37%), for intuition (60%) over sensing (40%), for feeling (76%) over thinking (24%), and for judging (55%) over perceiving (45%)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would think NF's are more likely spiritual than religious

Just as SJ's are more likely religious than spiritual

The distinction.

But of course there are always exceptions.

Mole

Permabanned
To some degree we all have the capacity to worship, and whatever we worship, we become.