• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there a certain type that is attracted to religion and serving religious causes?

What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

• Total voters
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By observing my surrounding and because I am 98 per cent sure of their enneatype since some few years :

Type 6 and type 1 tend to have very strong beliefs.

I have a friend 6 (phobic) who can't be objective due to his own religious beliefs.

My god... For me it is blindness, for him it is a kind of balance.

I just prefer rebellious beliefs than religious beliefs. :jesus::whistling:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 84% of the word's population religious? Shouldn't the default assumption be that the vast majority of any type are likely to be religious, and it's counter the reverse question: Which types are less inclined to be religious then the norm?

I am non religious. I've explored spiritual systems for fun, but I can't fathom why would anyone feel the need to just pick one.... And I will gladly help in contributing my own to that type statistic as soon as I determine my own (With this shameless type me thread promotion).

i agree with you, so many more people are relgious than not except for young adults on average when people finding their idenitiy, and during that time try to reject the notion of religion. very few give up religion forever. And majority of my friends are now either religious and go to church or some belief in a higher power. I'm maybe of 1-2 people that I know who is neither spirtual or religious. but late teens early twenties over 90% of my friend claimed atheism.

Mane

Permabanned
i agree with you, so many more people are relgious than not except for young adults on average when people finding their idenitiy, and during that time try to reject the notion of religion. very few give up religion forever. And majority of my friends are now either religious and go to church or some belief in a higher power. I'm maybe of 1-2 people that I know who is neither spirtual or religious. but late teens early twenties over 90% of my friend claimed atheism.

So if this is true, and we took a population by age data set like this:
Age+distribution.png

And color coded it according to religion, most atheists/agnostics would be centered around those two main age brackets?

If this is true, there would be all sorts of interesting ramifications worth examining. It's a worth while research to have.

We would need more to find out if that's indicative of increase in non religious population in general or if that's indicative of a "non religious phase".

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So if this is true, and we took a population by age data set like this:
Age+distribution.png

And color coded it according to religion, most atheists/agnostics would be centered around those two main age brackets?

If this is true, there would be all sorts of interesting ramifications worth examining. It's a worth while research to have.
also got to consider that I grew up in the south, where the majority of the people I knew/know were raised christian and going to church every sunday at the least. and the age range this happens is also the age range that people rebel against their upbringing. so we have to factor that in.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of the ESFJs that I know are active church members. I think it's an Fe thing. I've asked my wife if she has any insight into this because she's an ESFJ herself. Her reasons are very practical. She said church makes her feel more connected to God and to others, and she gets to help people in our community through volunteer programs.

I also find that Enneagram Type 6's tend to be militant in their religious beliefs, when they have them. At least that's been my experience. I don't think they're necessarily more inclined to be religious than other types. It's just that, given their skeptical nature, when they do find something spiritual to believe in (something that their skepticism can't overcome), then that's it.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure. I feel like fe people would be more likely to force their beliefs on you same with te but I don't think they're nesercerly more religious than other types. I believe what I believe and I'm willing to share what I believe but I'm not going to sit there and convince you that mine are right yours are wrong, mostly cuz I don't know nor can prove it. if you try to do the same to me, I'll just be like um yeah ok

Today on "Spot the ESFP"
I think I found one. Do I win a prize?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only goddess I care about is Nozomi Toujou, my Best Girl.

If only you could see the shrine I made dedicated to her.

Oh wait, you can. It's in my signature.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it has to do with Si, Fe, and occasionally Fi.

Every ISFJ I know is obsessively religious. They don't seem too much into the theology, though. The ones that I know just see it as "normal" and other religions/beliefs as "anormal/weird/rebellious."
Other commonly religious types: ESFJ, ISTJ, ESTJ, INFJ, ESFP

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Today on "Spot the ESFP"
I think I found one. Do I win a prize?

I'm not an esfp. try again so no you don't get a prize. and what i said does not indicate a type at all. unless you're saying i'm stupid, which in that case fine. But how smart can you be if you're going around with thinly veiled insults? You can't have much stock in your intelligence.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not an esfp. try again so no you don't get a prize. and what i said does not indicate a type at all. unless you're saying i'm stupid, which in that case fine. But how smart can you be if you're going around with thinly veiled insults? You can't have much stock in your intelligence.

Since when is "ESFP" an insult? Are ESFPs stupid? Sounds like you're the one who is being insulting...
I guessed your type because you remind me of an ESFP I knew years ago. Well, you did. I doubt she would get defensive over someone guessing her type.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESTJ father is exceptionally christian. He might as well be a pasture. His insecurities is the only thing keeping him from being such, unless god decides to "use him".

I know another overly chatty ESFJ female who's also a Christian by default. But not as extreme.

Nonetheless. I'd say SJ' more often qualitfy, indeed. At least in my experience. They are predisposed to tradition. Why wouldn't they?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Doesn't mean one can't be more prevent a certain way than others. They're not all the same.

Just to clarify, are we both talking about reasons that an SJ would choose to be nonreligious?

If so, I don't know the answer to that. :shrug: I figured it's the same for everyone. You either believe or you don't, right? I don't know how much detail goes into it though.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just to clarify, are we both talking about reasons that an SJ would choose to be nonreligious?

If so, I don't know the answer to that. :shrug: I figured it's the same for everyone. You either believe or you don't, right? I don't know how much detail goes into it though.

Prevalent * excuse the typo

No. Christianity is a religion my good sir. Traditionally oriented. At least for America. Many nations in general have there own little traditions. SJ' are more traditionally oriented. Thus, more inclined to become religious or.. follow a certain faith that is traditionally oriented or understood.

Not all, surely. Never all. But more of a likelihood than other types I do indeed believe.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To add. I meant not all types are just as religiously oriented.