User Tag List

View Poll Results: What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

14 25.00%
  • ISTJ

19 33.93%
  • INTJ

2 3.57%
  • ENTJ

1 1.79%
  • ESFP

6 10.71%
  • ISFP

11 19.64%
  • ESTP

2 3.57%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INFJ

21 37.50%
  • INFP

13 23.21%
  • ENFP

2 3.57%
  • ENFJ

12 21.43%
  • ISFJ

26 46.43%
  • ESFJ

26 46.43%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%

13 23.21%

11 19.64%

1 1.79%

4 7.14%

0 0%

12 21.43%

2 3.57%

1 1.79%

6 10.71%
  • SO

15 26.79%
  • SX

1 1.79%
  • SP

6 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Lying.
    there we go...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    there we go...
    No because it's in the intent. Philosophy doesn't aim to lie, and science doesn't get everything right. Science flails about going off new findings and past mistakes.

From your reasoning more of science is a lie than it is truth. Science is not exempt if philosophy is not. Both were one even, until the 19th century or so, being referred to as "natural philosophy". I think what you say is a lie should simply be thought of as being incorrect.

There is a more subjective nature to philosophy, it isn't as conclusive as science, but it's not so much the result as it is the exploration of thought, ideas and concepts.

(Don't think I'm against science btw, I have passion for both, just trying to make a point. )
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    No because it's in the intent. Philosophy doesn't aim to lie, and science doesn't get everything right. Science flails about going off new findings and past mistakes.

From your reasoning more of science is a lie than it is truth. Science is not exempt if philosophy is not. Both were one even, until the 19th century or so, being referred to as "natural philosophy". I think what you say is a lie should simply be thought of as being incorrect.

There is a more subjective nature to philosophy, it isn't as conclusive as science, but it's not so much the result as it is the exploration of thought, ideas and concepts.

(Don't think I'm against science btw, I have passion for both, just trying to make a point. )
    Ok, you got me. You win. I have confirmed science and philosophy were once the same and are still close enough to be both acceptable. Religion is still pretty bad though due to its overreliance on faith [though due to the probing, inquisitive nature of Unitarian Universalism, I make an exception for them.].
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Favor? Seems like an ice cream.
    Last edited by hacbad macbar; 06-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think INTPs are the most religious.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

ESTP 8w7 sx/so here.

Considering I'm probably one of the most openly religious people I know, neither ESTP nor 8 have any votes. So I'm going to go ahead and say that poll results are iffy at best.

Matter of fact many of the people I've met who claim to be 8's also claim to be religious.

the idea that E6 is the most religious... bollocks. If anything they're the most militant atheist because WAAAH SANTA CLAUS ISN'T GIVING ME THINGS. As for enneagram 1, its unfortunate but yes, everyone has bumped into that enneagram 1 who is ultimately scared of having their beliefs challenged who gets defensive. In fact these people seem to be the brunt of most religious stereotypes. A buncha prudent perfectionistic cookie baking xenophobes. Meet a real christian some day and they will know exactly what they are talking about and their beliefs won't be challenged. (this is an open invite to challenges mine if you have any questions)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Submissive people?
    I specifically got angry while reading the bible when it said "we are slaves to god." I then pretty much said, "wtf god? you know me. I can't become submissive if I tried. So how the hell am I supposed to be your 'slave'?"

His answer to me was that I am to be his friend. Crack open a bible sometime and this statement is confirmed in what was said to moses and what jesus said of his disciples.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Otherwise I believe there are some types more than others who are more inclined to brainwashing themselves into believing something out of fear.

1's being the biggest candidates. Its funny how acting out the fear of being corrupt leads to the person corrupting their own rationale.

Permabanned

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 84% of the word's population religious? Shouldn't the default assumption be that the vast majority of any type are likely to be religious, and it's counter the reverse question: Which types are less inclined to be religious then the norm?

I am non religious. I've explored spiritual systems for fun, but I can't fathom why would anyone feel the need to just pick one.... And I will gladly help in contributing my own to that type statistic as soon as I determine my own (With this shameless type me thread promotion).
    Likes Glint liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I’m very religious because I didn’t choose this religion unless I questioned it from every corner.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.