User Tag List

View Poll Results: What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

    14 25.00%
  • ISTJ

    19 33.93%
  • INTJ

    2 3.57%
  • ENTJ

    1 1.79%
  • ESFP

    6 10.71%
  • ISFP

    11 19.64%
  • ESTP

    2 3.57%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    21 37.50%
  • INFP

    13 23.21%
  • ENFP

    2 3.57%
  • ENFJ

    12 21.43%
  • ISFJ

    26 46.43%
  • ESFJ

    26 46.43%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • 1

    13 23.21%
  • 2

    11 19.64%
  • 3

    1 1.79%
  • 4

    4 7.14%
  • 5

    0 0%
  • 6

    12 21.43%
  • 7

    2 3.57%
  • 8

    1 1.79%
  • 9

    6 10.71%
  • SO

    15 26.79%
  • SX

    1 1.79%
  • SP

    6 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 79

  1. #11
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,480

    Default

    Religions have all kinds of hooks for all types. For instance, I've known several devout INTPs who really get into the theology of it, also their little Fe's grow three times bigger. I imagine some of them Pentecostal churches with the writhing and speaking in tongues have some unique offerings especially for the SXey people.

  2. #12
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Religions have all kinds of hooks for all types. For instance, I've known several devout INTPs who really get into the theology of it, also their little Fe's grow three times bigger. I imagine some of them Pentecostal churches with the writhing and speaking in tongues have some unique offerings especially for the SXey people.
    Good point. Theology would be a big draw for INTPs, but speaking in tongues certainly would not. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of (male) INTPs in Medieval Europe wound up as monks or rabbinical scholars, depending on their background and social class, of course.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  3. #13
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't think atheism is a form of religion.
    Not technically, but religious feeling and devotion can be found applied to anything. Similarly, some people classify themselves as religious but don't feel any particular attachment to it in a particular form, or practice it.

    I disagree with ISFP's; perhaps there are a lot of religious ones I haven't met, but they seem to be too apathetic for it.

    I agree with the person who says that religion and spirituality would have different pulls for different types and with the person who said it is important to distinguish between the two, but there may be some who would be more likely to be attracted to it than others.

    I would say for:
    religion: SJ if they grew up in a religious environment because they tend to value convention and establishment, Fe dominant because it allows external expression of feeling and a sense of community.
    spirituality: Ni dominant because of the mysticism, Fi dominant because of the personal sense of meaning.
    Ti-Fe enjoys theory and may enjoy theory which engages Fe, so might happen to be attracted to theology.
    Edit: Se dominants seem to be attracted to it too, but I don't know why.

  4. #14
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    I'm not sure. I feel like fe people would be more likely to force their beliefs on you same with te but I don't think they're nesercerly more religious than other types. I believe what I believe and I'm willing to share what I believe but I'm not going to sit there and convince you that mine are right yours are wrong, mostly cuz I don't know nor can prove it. if you try to do the same to me, I'll just be like um yeah ok
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #15
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    I want to make a poll about people's religious/spiritual preferences but don't know what options to put on the poll...

    Any suggestions other than:

    Christianity
    Judaism
    Islam
    Buddhism
    Hinduism
    Agnostic
    Atheist
    Unitarian-Universalism
    Paganism
    Shamanism

    ...?

  6. #16
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Good point. Theology would be a big draw for INTPs, but speaking in tongues certainly would not. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of (male) INTPs in Medieval Europe wound up as monks or rabbinical scholars, depending on their background and social class, of course.
    My INTP atheist friend wants to be a Medieval monk when he graduates. His professors have told him to be more practical.

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I want to make a poll about people's religious/spiritual preferences but don't know what options to put on the poll...

    Any suggestions other than:

    Christianity
    Judaism
    Islam
    Buddhism
    Hinduism
    Agnostic
    Atheist
    Unitarian-Universalism
    Paganism
    Shamanism

    ...?
    Taoism?

  7. #17
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    SJ's(because of tradition mostly)and NFJ's(because of craving a deeper spiritual connection or whatever).

  8. #18
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    NFJ's(because of craving a deeper spiritual connection or whatever).
    i think this might apply to all NFs
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    The only thing that might make some NFP's less likely to be into religious service, is because they sometimes have a hard time with communal/organized beliefs. They want to be all individualistic and go on a personal journey. The spiritual desire is definitely there though.
    Likes ImaFour liked this post

  10. #20
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Couldn't say. I could think of arguments for or against a lot of different types. I'd be more interested to see if there is an actual relationship between them by taking a poll in a church or something.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. [Tri] Who is attractive to the researcher(5-4-1) tri-type?
    By great_bay in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 02:11 PM
  3. Types that everybody relates to!
    By Chloe in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
  4. [ISTJ] ISTJs, what type are you attracted to?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 10:00 AM
  5. [ISFP] ISFPs: what types are you attracted to/repulsed by .. as in M/F relationships?
    By Julie1962 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO