• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Creates Evil? What can be done about it?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
nothing is evil on the surface, but dig deeper and you will find it.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think a person experiences evil when their hope (their faculty of 'why things will be' [some way]) is overcome by their limited ability to bear with 'how things would be' (which they happen to be perceiving). If your hope is strong enough, you can have the wisdom to deal with any situation: to then (just) record 'what will be' [through ones response]. Hope comes through hearing and understanding (and is made complete through doing). So if you are haunted by evil, open the doors to the word (your ears).

To answer the question directly, evil is made manifest when one's hope is forsaken. [edit: and is therefore created by one's judgement of 'how things would be']

Last edited:

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Evil IMHO is a feeling created by little children. Grown people hold no tolerance for silliness such as evil.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm only human, people conflict are at emotional/mental odds lol..

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I liked angellights story very much :heart:

I too believe that the most evil thing is the enjoyment of another's suffering. From there there is a gray scale where someone's free will is sacrificed for 'the greater good'/'greater evil'. And yes, this happens when someone's ego/defense mechanisms take over and overrule other living beings rights to their own free will.

How to prevent it? I'd say education and a continuous effort to promote a healthy psyche from childhood is probably your best bet. Considering the variables that go into that, it is always going to be a tough act to balance. But it is known that the 'evilest' of minds usually are more likely to tap into their evil potential when they are raised in precarious circumstances i.e an abusive, oppressive, traumatic and stressful childhood.

Granted, eliminating all stress points in life would not challenge the psyche to grow, but their breaking point is going to be earlier than that of most people - and those people too are far more likely to commit 'evil' acts when preoccupied with survival, and dealing with chronic stress and traumatic events. Perhaps it is not so much the fact that we go through those events, but more that we are not always given the tools to deal with and heal from those events that allows evil to enter into the world.

For all our focus on physical health, emotional healing is often shunned, not recognised as necessary, ridiculed and well, let's face it - we aint as knowledgeable as a species about it just yet. At the same time, it seems to me that there is nothing more important than offering our children (and adults for that matter!) the immediate access to resources to deal with trauma - big and small, in their lives instead of shielding them from it which inevitably fails, or letting them fend for themselves - we wouldn't leave them lying on the floor with a broken leg either. And yet, in many cases, the emotional damage is way more extensive and way more damning than a broken leg would be.

The solution stands upon the edge of a knife - and always will. Achieving balance has never been more important.

ygolo

My termites win
I may have been feeding the wrong wolf over the last few months.

I've let loneliness, bitterness, and general frustration with respect to life goals get the better of me.

I apologize to all who may have been adversely affected.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I may have been feeding the wrong wolf over the last few months.

I've let loneliness, bitterness, and general frustration with respect to life goals get the better of me.

I apologize to all who may have been adversely affected.

: solidarity :

Alea_iacta_est

Evil IMHO is a feeling created by little children. Grown people hold no tolerance for silliness such as evil.

If anything, little children are the epitome of innocence, turned evil through the actions of their care-takers, who in turn were turned evil by theirs and so on. Evil is only 'silly' when it is perceived indirectly, when you are on the receiving end of evil, it becomes a serious matter.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nihilist-fight.jpg

Whenever someone makes themselves out to be a nihlist, I usually end up thinking of this scene. I can't help but feel that it's relatively close to the truth.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

No. I do hope you find a competent mental health professional to assist you.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
If anything, little children are the epitome of innocence, turned evil through the actions of their care-takers, who in turn were turned evil by theirs and so on. Evil is only 'silly' when it is perceived indirectly, when you are on the receiving end of evil, it becomes a serious matter.

Says who? Evil clearly exists.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
nihilist-fight.jpg

Whenever someone makes themselves out to be a nihlist, I usually end up thinking of this scene. I can't help but feel that it's relatively close to the truth.

It's normal for people to say that evil doesn't exist. it's modern society...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's normal for people to say that evil doesn't exist. it's modern society...

Do you mean that modern society is evil? Are you Baron Society? Good luck finding a society that actually existed in history that was less evil.

Mole

Permabanned
Apart from genetics, natural selection and natural disasters, it is child rearing practices that create evil.

We learn evil as small helpless children, and as we grow up, we express what we have learnt.

Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return.