User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Do you mean that modern society is evil? Are you Baron Society? Good luck finding a society that actually existed in history that was less evil.
    I'm just a man, with no more rights, duties and responsibilities than the other UK citizens in the world.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

Default Satan

Satan is the personification of evil, and Satan said, I would rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven.

Satan shows that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This is why Satan's power is limited to Hell, where He has absolute power and is absolutely corrupt.

There's objectively no such thing as "evil" in the universe. The thing you eventually grasp philosophically is that the universe is truly indifferent to human enterprise and humans create values and meaning independently. That can be scary or liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    There's objectively no such thing as "evil" in the universe. The thing you eventually grasp philosophically is that the universe is truly indifferent to human enterprise and humans create values and meaning independently. That can be scary or liberating.
    Are you, presumably part of the universe, liberated enough to choose to be scared of this?

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Are you, presumably part of the universe, liberated enough to choose to be scared of this?
    I'm probably indifferent enough not to be bothered or liberated enough to be scared. The good/evil thing is interesting - ask someone to point to evil. It's just an idea, such as justice, that doesn't corporally embody itself in this empirical reality.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

evil is personal justification by the individual. and if conducted as a guild, they all have some similar justifications to unify them. like ww2. when japan was bombed people said fuk'm. yet the Japanese believed (justified) in what they did so much they suicide. or take germany/russia. the germans killed and raped while having justification as a guild. the Russians did back inkind with their own justification as a guild. a lot of different motives compelled the individual to follow the guild.
    consciousness can reverse it. as it is now, we have to maintain and expand free information on the internets for awareness sake. we can get there. guild mentality also gave the human amnesia. we don't forget. while as guilds, we 'edit' history to a point where it becomes different than it really was.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

I'm probably indifferent enough not to be bothered or liberated enough to be scared. The good/evil thing is interesting - ask someone to point to evil. It's just an idea, such as justice, that doesn't corporally embody itself in this empirical reality.
    There is some truth to this. But we know so little. Can you point to where life resides? Or consciousness? Or the self that views the theater of the mind and acts with volition?

Genetics and Neuroscience has some tentative answers to these. Evil too. There is in fact a gene strongly associated with psycopahty that creates issues with the empathy circuits.

There is in fact a gene strongly associated with psycopahty that creates issues with the empathy circuits.
    The funny thing is that psychopaths don't view themselves as evil; without feelings, life seems pretty sterile.

We perceive by making distinctions. And the more distinctions, the more we see.

And a fundamental distinction we make in order to see is the distinction: good/evil.

So we might say a distinction is like a torch shinning a light into the darkness, and we only see what the torch illuminates.

And I think we can also say distinctions don't exist.

And distinctions don't exist because distinctions are a relationship. Distinctions are a pattern.

And so if we can say relationship and pattern don't exist, then we can say evil doesn't exist, and by the same token, good doesn't exist.

There is some truth to this. But we know so little. Can you point to where life resides? Or consciousness? Or the self that views the theater of the mind and acts with volition?

Genetics and Neuroscience has some tentative answers to these. Evil too. There is in fact a gene strongly associated with psycopahty that creates issues with the empathy circuits.