User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

nothing is evil on the surface, but dig deeper and you will find it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

I think a person experiences evil when their hope (their faculty of 'why things will be' [some way]) is overcome by their limited ability to bear with 'how things would be' (which they happen to be perceiving). If your hope is strong enough, you can have the wisdom to deal with any situation: to then (just) record 'what will be' [through ones response]. Hope comes through hearing and understanding (and is made complete through doing). So if you are haunted by evil, open the doors to the word (your ears).

To answer the question directly, evil is made manifest when one's hope is forsaken. [edit: and is therefore created by one's judgement of 'how things would be']
    Last edited by Zangetshumody; 01-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

MBTI
    INTP

Evil IMHO is a feeling created by little children. Grown people hold no tolerance for silliness such as evil.

MBTI
    INTP

So concentration camps weren't evil?

MBTI
    INTP

perhaps not.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    perhaps not.
    You are one confused person.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm only human, people conflict are at emotional/mental odds lol..

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I liked angellights story very much

I too believe that the most evil thing is the enjoyment of another's suffering. From there there is a gray scale where someone's free will is sacrificed for 'the greater good'/'greater evil'. And yes, this happens when someone's ego/defense mechanisms take over and overrule other living beings rights to their own free will.

How to prevent it? I'd say education and a continuous effort to promote a healthy psyche from childhood is probably your best bet. Considering the variables that go into that, it is always going to be a tough act to balance. But it is known that the 'evilest' of minds usually are more likely to tap into their evil potential when they are raised in precarious circumstances i.e an abusive, oppressive, traumatic and stressful childhood.

Granted, eliminating all stress points in life would not challenge the psyche to grow, but their breaking point is going to be earlier than that of most people - and those people too are far more likely to commit 'evil' acts when preoccupied with survival, and dealing with chronic stress and traumatic events. Perhaps it is not so much the fact that we go through those events, but more that we are not always given the tools to deal with and heal from those events that allows evil to enter into the world.

For all our focus on physical health, emotional healing is often shunned, not recognised as necessary, ridiculed and well, let's face it - we aint as knowledgeable as a species about it just yet. At the same time, it seems to me that there is nothing more important than offering our children (and adults for that matter!) the immediate access to resources to deal with trauma - big and small, in their lives instead of shielding them from it which inevitably fails, or letting them fend for themselves - we wouldn't leave them lying on the floor with a broken leg either. And yet, in many cases, the emotional damage is way more extensive and way more damning than a broken leg would be.

The solution stands upon the edge of a knife - and always will. Achieving balance has never been more important.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I may have been feeding the wrong wolf over the last few months.

I've let loneliness, bitterness, and general frustration with respect to life goals get the better of me.

I apologize to all who may have been adversely affected.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I may have been feeding the wrong wolf over the last few months.

I've let loneliness, bitterness, and general frustration with respect to life goals get the better of me.

I apologize to all who may have been adversely affected.
    : solidarity :