Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Why is life so Painful?

Somewhere out there in the world, there's always problems causing much suffering and affliction. But many religious fools say that simply by our world being here, that it's because of God's good grace. My question is, why in hell, if this is supposed to be God's so-called "Grand Design" would he allow for so much evil to exist in our world? Heck, seeing how bad things can get, a better question might be, what kind of monster would create something like this? I think that this is a good case in favor of humility before the "wonders of creation" as foolishness and weakness.

So fellas, I'm wondering, why is life so painful?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Because there is no God and life is suffering?

"A quick test of the assertion that enjoyment outweighs pain in this world, or that they are at any rate balanced, would be to compare the feelings of an animal engaged in eating another with those of the animal being eaten."

Schopenhauer

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Because there is no God and life is suffering?

"A quick test of the assertion that enjoyment outweighs pain in this world, or that they are at any rate balanced, would be to compare the feelings of an animal engaged in eating another with those of the animal being eaten."

Schopenhauer
    Ha, that's actually pretty funny. But it also is a good example of how our world system operates under merciless conditions of eat or be eaten, all the while struggling to deal with the pitiless elements and the massive pains all of this stuff causes us, not to mention emotional and mental traumas to amplify it all.

And when we've withstood this stuff for so many solar revolutions, nature doesn't even repay us for our efforts; it just lets us keep on living our miserable lives as we slowly but surely shrivel up and die. Then we start families so that the same accursed process can repeat itself over and over again.

God truly is dead. And Nietzsche himself is a fool as well for thinking that weak people are disenchanted with the world. If anything, a real Ubermensch would destroy it and build a new grand utopian vision!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Suffering comes from desire, according to some dude. I think his name was Tony. I think there may be a difference, though, between desiring what you can't have, and desiring what you can. The latter can be a force of motivation.

If you desire perfection, you are going to suffer.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yes Raptor. Shoot for the stars.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Suffering comes from desire, according to some dude. I think his name was Tony. I think there may be a difference, though, between desiring what you can't have, and desiring what you can. The latter can be a force of motivation.
    And it's pretty hard when you're chained into a torture chamber of super-heated metal, rabies-infested dogs, swarms of angry insects, and toxic needles to rid yourself of the desire to escape.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    And it's pretty hard when you're chained into a torture chamber of super-heated metal, rabies-infested dogs, swarms of angry insects, and toxic needles to rid yourself of the desire to escape.

Also true. Still... if you liked the super-heated metal, rabies dogs, belligerent bugs, and North Jersey Pine needles, which was within your means, well, the situation would be brief, but not unpleasant for you.

That's an extreme, though. Getting dumped is not so severe as all that. It only seems that way because of the mind.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Also true. Still... if you liked the super-heated metal, rabies dogs, belligerent bugs, and North Jersey Pine needles, which was within your means, well, the situation would be brief, but not unpleasant for you.

That's an extreme, though. Getting dumped is not so severe as all that. It only seems that way because of the mind.
    Well, whether what our minds our projecting into our awareness is real or not, it sure as hell feels real. And whether or not the witches in our history were for real or not, their agonizing torture sessions and fiery immolation sure as hell had effects that felt as if they came from hell, regardless of whether or not hell is real or is just created mentally.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Can I time travel and stop witches from being burnt?

Visit my Johari:

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

Does he look like he gives a fuck about bugs and puppies?