User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 102

  1. #71
    Senior Member NK258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Because without pain there'd be no joy ?
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

  2. #72
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    Because without pain there'd be no joy ?
    That's not true. You could experience joy even without the foil of pain. The state of high dopamine etc. would just be perceived as normal, and maybe painful compared to greater joys, which would imply some degree of deprivation.

  3. #73
    Senior Member NK258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    That's not true. You could experience joy even without the foil of pain. The state of high dopamine etc. would just be perceived as normal, and maybe painful compared to greater joys, which would imply some degree of deprivation.
    The harder you fall ... The higher you bounce.


    You are indeed right. However .. I would never trade pain in exchange for the mediocre. But that's just me.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

  4. #74
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    The harder you fall ... The higher you bounce.


    You are indeed right. However .. I would never trade pain in exchange for the mediocre. But that's just me.
    Even if the hypothetical mediocre was beyond any pleasure you have thus experienced?!

  5. #75
    Senior Member NK258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    Even if the hypothetical mediocre was beyond any pleasure you have thus experienced?!
    Haha! That makes no sense. Mediocre can't be "beyond". That's why it's mediocre.

    I think you're teasing me. :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

  6. #76
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    Haha! That makes no sense. Mediocre can't be "beyond". That's why it's mediocre.

    I think you're teasing me. :p
    It makes sense. I'm saying if everything were peachy 24/7 - "hypothetical mediocre," which would be beyond your current pleasures. It's hypothetical because our world is perceived as a mixture of pain and pleasure. This idyllic world would become emotionally static or mediocre.

  7. #77
    Senior Member NK258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    It makes sense. I'm saying if everything were peachy 24/7 - "hypothetical mediocre," which would be beyond your current pleasures. It's hypothetical because our world is perceived as a mixture of pain and pleasure. This idyllic world would become emotionally static or mediocre.
    So the question is would I exchange the dichotomy between pain and pleasure for a constant state of mediocre and that said such mediocre was orgasmically superior to the prior condition perceived ?

    No. No I would not. Because I wouldn't be able to recognize its greatness because I would never miss it. I would never appreciate it. Because it would always be there. I would have nothing to overcome in order to achieve it. And, There'd be no motivation in life to learn aside from logical and logic lacking meaning renders it pointless.

    It would be a still picture void of life.

    Fuck That! Lol!! :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

  8. #78
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    So the question is would I exchange the dichotomy between pain and pleasure for a constant state of mediocre and that said such mediocre was orgasmically superior to the prior condition perceived ?
    Yeah those are the intellectual parameters I was going for initially haha.

  9. #79
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    So the question is would I exchange the dichotomy between pain and pleasure for a constant state of mediocre and that said such mediocre was orgasmically superior to the prior condition perceived ?

    No. No I would not. Because I wouldn't be able to recognize its greatness because I would never miss it. I would never appreciate it. Because it would always be there. I would have nothing to overcome in order to achieve it. And, There'd be no motivation in life to learn aside from logical and logic lacking meaning renders it pointless.

    It would be a still picture void of life.

    Fuck That! Lol!! :p
    It's a BS scenario because you're contemplating instituting this "ideal" world after experiencing pain in this one.

  10. #80
    Senior Member NK258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    It's a BS scenario because you're contemplating instituting this "ideal" world after experiencing pain in this one.
    How do you figure ? If everything was one color, you wouldn't appreciate it because you'd know nothing different. I don't want that. I want choice. And dichotomies provide choice.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 443
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 11:33 AM
  2. [ESFP] From an ESFP: Why is everyone so surprised when I say something intelligent?!
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM
  3. Why is everyone so upset about AIG bonuses being contractually fufilled?
    By Venom in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  4. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  5. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO