User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    Is it really self-help if you enlist the help of someone else?
    In the spirit of playfulness ... Not intending to be a jerk.
    It's a funny joke I've always enjoyed but it's kinda cheesy >.< okay ..

So there's a woman in a book store and she asks the clerk, "pardon me. do you know where the self help books are?" In which the clerk replies, "yes". After a period of awkward silence the woman asked, "well. Can you tell me where it is?". The clerk responds, "no. That would defeat the purpose".

Lol! .. Well. I thought it funny. :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

Pain is simply the lever that adaptation has taken for discouraging certain behaviors; pleasure encourages other behaviors that promote the welfare of the species into perpetuity. If you're looking for a deeper ontological basis for pain and pleasure, there really isn't one.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

cause u not as manly as me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Because the universe at its core is being subjected to entropy and decay.

Humans are hurdling through space at millions of miles per hour on a rock that's so big it creates gravity that pulls everything down towards the ground with a strength of ~8lbs of pressure. Our DNA, and thus our bodies, are decaying because of limited resources and being weakened by the strain of frequent replication, while our sun and planet are slowly losing resources, not to mention how the planets of our solar system are being bombarded by space rocks and having their orbits decaying...

Things naturally decay. It's actually a lie that energy can't be destroyed, since the universe is slowly losing energy every day. We're losing heat, things are slowing down, one day the Earth will stop rotating because the oceans being pulled by the moon is causing friction that slows it down by milliseconds each decade.

If we're getting fucked at the fundamentally physical level, then yeah, life is gonna suck. It's all an uphill battle just by how the rules are written, yet alone by how the game is played. I haven't even gotten into how nature is essentially a Hunger Games in and of itself.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Lol.. That's great.

Life is painful because we're so picky. In chaos (or an unregulated system like the world) all things want to reach a state of constant, so there will be more or less an even distribution of what circumstances occur.

Humans have a very narrow, specific "band" of circumstances to appeal to their needs.

So most of human life in the world is de facto gonna suck

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The fact that we don't have a God like figure having his hand up our anus means that we are in control. The only person that is truly responsible to your survival is you and that brings a person pain since it is a biological battle of being a dick or sucking other peoples dicks, being life's bitch or making life your bitch. This mentality brings in pride and egos to climb up the ladder of social status to try to achieve "your fullest potential" which leads people to harm others and themselves leading society into a paradox of pain and a hope that if your in the top pain will no longer exist which is a lie for pain lies in the outer world realm and in the inner world realm. Now there are forms of escapism such as the Media, Imagination, Drugs/Alcohol, Communities such as a church, TypCentral or even your family if done rights leaves you with a sanctuary in life, an escapism from the true reality that is that life will do everything it can to make you its bitch and have its hand up your anus.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    The fact that we don't have a God like figure having his hand up our anus means that we are in control. The only person that is truly responsible to your survival is you and that brings a person pain since it is a biological battle of being a dick or sucking other peoples dicks, being life's bitch or making life your bitch. This mentality brings in pride and egos to climb up the ladder of social status to try to achieve "your fullest potential" which leads people to harm others and themselves leading society into a paradox of pain and a hope that if your in the top pain will no longer exist. Now there are forms of escapism such as the Media, Imagination, Communities such as a church, TypCentral or even your family if done rights leaves you with a sanctuary in life, an escapism from the true reality that is that life will do everything it can to make you its bitch and have its hand up your anus.
    Isn't the fucked up Type 8 world-view great? Because I hands down (or up suiting this occasion) agree with this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Isn't the fucked up Type 8 world-view great? Because I hands down (or up suiting this occasion) agree with this.
    Fuck Yeah, I can't help but wear the view as if it was a suit