• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Unitarian Universalism controlling in any way?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The UUs are just about as uncontrolling as it gets. You can believe anything or nothing. My husband was raised UU.

Ivy is correct here. UUs are pretty much as laid back of a denomination as you can get. I'm an active UU and at one time was going to study to be a UU minister. (Wound up working on a Ph.D. in Sociology of Religion instead.) I can tell you from personal experience that UUs really believe in a live and let live mentality.

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION], I just sent you a PM with some of my personal observations about the differences between UUs and JWs. Let me know if you have any questions about UUism. In the meantime, you might want to check out this link: http://www.uua.org/beliefs/.

I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ivy is correct here. UUs are pretty much as laid back of a denomination as you can get. I'm an active UU and at one time was going to study to be a UU minister. (Wound up working on a Ph.D. in Sociology of Religion instead.) I can tell you from personal experience that UUs really believe in a live and let live mentality.

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION], I just sent you a PM with some of my personal observations about the differences between UUs and JWs. Let me know if you have any questions about UUism. In the meantime, you might want to check out this link: http://www.uua.org/beliefs/.

I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Thank you, this is just what I wanted. I will reply in segments due to time.