User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is Love?

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    1w2 so

"Where we live out in Montana, it gets so dark at night. And you know that moment of surprise and elation when a shooting star just lights up the sky? And you turn to the person you're with and say, 'Did you see that? Did you see that?!' It is that moment, over and over again, inside yourself, towards another person."
    Julia Roberts

Starts as a feeling. Will crescendo as you begin to evolve as a person and shift your priorities. And just maybe, solidifies into commitment through the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. Hopefully, enabling you to tackle things that you wouldn't have been able to alone.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Chemical reactions with a bit of mystery tangled to it. It's explainable, yet not explainable at the same time.
    Two things fill me with wonder —
    the starry heavens above me and
    the moral law within me.

Immanuel Kant

Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive
    and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life.

Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krypton1te View Post
    Chemical reactions with a bit of mystery tangled to it. It's explainable, yet not explainable at the same time.
    Yes, love can't be reduced to chemical reactions because love is between two inter-subjective animals.

So love does not emerge from chemicals, rather love emerges from the interaction of two subjectivities.

And this does produce some difficulties, for whereas we can control a chemical reaction because it consists of objects, we can't control an interaction between two subjects, between two subjectivities.

An interaction between two subjectivities is complex and unpredictable. At its best, the new reveals itself; and at its worst, the relationship collapses.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on

4w5 sp/sx

Love is universal. People hunt for it as if it were a golden chalice and not in fact the water that poured into it that falls from the sky and is drawn from ground. There is no eros, there is no agape, there is only that which is exists singularly when any two people see each other.

Senior Member Array

This thread was a miscarriage from the start. We can do whatever we want with it now.

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar

“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” Bruce Lee

Love is merely nature's way of getting us to do stuff we wouldn't otherwise do, like taking out the trash or raising some brat for a decade.
    "Stop eating cupcakes! Stop Eating Cupcakes!! STOP EATING CUPCAKES!!"