User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 99

  1. #21
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    "Reason is, and ought only to be, the slave of passions" David Hume

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha
    Picked that one out a hat. I like the economical ones.
    A reminder that you can think your way to fulfillment.
    that's ridiculous
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #22
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.
    -Wittgenstein

  3. #23
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.
    -Wittgenstein

  4. #24
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    "Show respect to all men (people), but grovel to none." Tecumseh (Shawnee poet, philosopher and warrior/military leader)
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  5. #25
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    The 'philosophy quotes' here are not Western Philosophy.

    Western Philosophy started with the Ancient Greek, Socrates. And the Socratic method questions the taken for granted.

    The 'philosophy quotes' here are merely sayings - just the kind of things Socrates would question.

    But the reality is, sayings are boring, while the Socratic method is exciting.

    Really, sayings are for those feeling a bit down and want a lift - and they are called 'philosophy' to give them a higher status.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Hypatia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The 'philosophy quotes' here are not Western Philosophy.

    Western Philosophy started with the Ancient Greek, Socrates. And the Socratic method questions the taken for granted.

    The 'philosophy quotes' here are merely sayings - just the kind of things Socrates would question.

    But the reality is, sayings are boring, while the Socratic method is exciting.

    Really, sayings are for those feeling a bit down and want a lift - and they are called 'philosophy' to give them a higher status.
    Thank you for your self-quotes, Mole.

  7. #27
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Thank you for your self-quotes, Mole.
    What? You are hoisting me on my own petard?

  8. #28
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    "Is it possible that existence is our exile and nothingness our home?" Emil Cioran

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    85

    Default

    "When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and it's speaker a raving lunatic." -Dresden James

  10. #30
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawbawbowba View Post
    "When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and it's speaker a raving lunatic." -Dresden James
    Nice.

Similar Threads

  1. What is Philosophy?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM
  2. Colorful Sayings/Quotes
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
  3. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Quote on Intution
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO