Nietzsche
    Kierkegaard
    Ayn Rand
    Sartre
    Camus
    Wittgenstein
    *Goethe

@Nicodemus
    Last edited by ndovjtjcaqidthi; 12-20-2013 at 11:54 PM.

WALMART

1. Buddha
    2. Yagyu Munenori
    3. John Keegan
    4. Stephen King
    5. Che Guevara (?)
    6. Reader's Digest 1988 Fix-It-Yourself series (?!?)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

1. Jesus Christ
    2. Socrates
    3. Jon Stewart (?)
    4. David Hume
    5. Thomas Hobbes
    6. John Locke
    7. Diogenes the Dog
    8. Solomon-Ecclesiastes
    9. Ludwig Wittgenstein
    10. Rene Descartes

I don't know if anyone else has the feeling of making up answers when somebody asks you what your favorites are, but I always did. But I will attempt to answer according to the philosophies of people that have influenced my own philosophy the most (I know the people on the list aren't usually considered philosophers):

1. My mother, in terms of philosophy towards life. She taught me to be a gentle pragmatist in life. This is my predominant attitude.
    2. My father, same. He taught me when to stand my ground, and the value of being an educated person. This shaped the way I maneuver in the world and accomplish things.
    3. Krishna, as his philosophy is written in the Bhagavad Gita and more spiritually in the Hamsa Gita. This philosophy forms my Teleology in the universe of meaning, symbols, and metaphor. But still somehow very practical.
    4. Mohandas Gandhi, especially his notion of Satyagraha. This philosophy is my ideal for overcoming social resistance.
    5. My very first boss as a professional. I aim to emulate his drive and passion.
    6. My current research adviser. I aim to emulate his clarity, and insight.
    7. Richard Feynman's philosophy of science. I think he is a better philosopher of science than Popper, Bacon, or even Einstein (the original Philosopher-Scientist). I aim to emulate his approach to science. I aim to make science my profession.
    8. Albert Einstein's philosophy on how science ought to be used. A noted and outspoken pacifist. He, more than any other of his era, struggled with the devastation that discoveries could unleash. I think he highlighted in very general terms, the ethical problems any scientist must face. I believe all of scientists should at least start off in his pacifist stance.
    9. R. Buckminister Fuller. Although the details of my vision differ from his. I have, in some sense, adopted his Critical Path, to be mine. This drives my purpose for what I want to do in science and technology.
    10. Gautama Buddha. I am still learning. I am not seeking enlightenment, but believe there is something to be learned about balance and being centered that I could sorely use in my life right now.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

1. Tom Montalk
    2. Giordano Bruno
    3. Hermes Trismegistus
    4. Ken Wilber
    5. Nikola Tesla
    6. Friedrich Nietzsche
    7. Giovanni Mirandola
    8. Gottfried Leibniz
    9. @superunknown
    10. @Zang

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

will post soon
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

plato
    aristotle
    alan watts
    nietzsche
    kant
    lao tzu
    sartre
    krishnamurti
    rousseau
    einstein
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

National Geographic... the pictures made me so curious about the world around me and hungry to learn so much more about it and the variety of different people and cultures that exist and they just looked at them and showed how awesome everything out there is and interesting and worthy of being appreciated. The world is a completely fascinating place and I can't shake the fact that I still think that it's worthy of staring at agape like some sort of hick who wandered into the big city and saw skyscrapers for the first time

New York Times food section- sure, it may be elitist at times, but the descriptions of foods that I may not try otherwise in a manner that made them sound fascinating and mouthwatering has led me to try a lot of things, food and otherwise, that I may not have otherwise... what's there to lose? Sometimes the place you secretly suspect fails health inspections has the ribs that you'd run your grandmother over for... and you can apply that metaphorically

Reader's Digest collection of fairy tales (in something like 10 volumes)- my grandmother owned a copy and I always borrowed them... the universality of stories and how they cross cultures and how they move fluidly over time... it just shows how humanity is interwoven in a way

Borges- the worlds that he created and the possibilities that he suggested... so much is possible. The human mind is amazing

Walter Reuther- if you believe in something fucking stick to it... and be clever. A little emotional manipulation for a good cause is nothing to be ashamed of. However, you're an asshole if your causes only focus on yourself... if you don't care to make the lives of others a bit more worth living it doesn't matter how nice you are, you're a shitty person. And anger can be useful. (yay for high school biography projects!)

Studs Terkel- listen
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne