• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Way of the Devil's Advocate Outline

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Go against the natural order.
2. Initiate change by causing conflict.
3. Promote unpopular opinions.
4. Always consider opposing perspectives.
5. Attack any logical gaps.
6. Look to learn rather than win.
7. Everyone is wrong.
8. Chaos can be controlled.
9. Solving problems creates greater good.

This outline I believe applies perfectly well to a little discussion I had with [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION], since my idiotic jokes concerning rape can better expose the enormous evils problems like these present to us. The truth is, I have no freaking clue how much fear many women must go through in regards to this issue, but perhaps I can gain more complete perspectives as to what they're experiencing by drawing out their full feelings. And when every side of the problem have been properly factored, then it can be understood in all of its complexity, and completely annihilated for good!

You could of course though craft a "Devil's Advocate" argument that this approach by its very nature is in itself unethical, due to its manipulate style, which I've truly mastered the art of, as all of the amazing forum outrages that I've initiated indicate. But we can also see that it's generated seemingly endless spectra of ideas over time that I've archived in excruciating detail (see my signature in the "Omniversalism" section).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Continued...

The greatest evils in the world spring from the natural order, and only by challenging the corruption can it hope to be cured. As such, it's beneficial to present ideas running counter to the contextual paradigms, and seek out other possibilities. By doing so, all irrationalities can be further repaired. The goal doesn't lie in convincing; it lies in expansion. There's always uncharted or incorrectly mapped territories within our worldviews. By going out into the [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] and conquering its dangers, we shall in the end emerge triumphant and restore freedom for us all!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Devil's advocate is, or was, apparently, an actual job, and you didn't need to be Keanu Reeves to do it.:

Wikipedia said:
During the canonization process employed by the Roman Catholic Church, the Promoter of the Faith (Latin: promotor fidei), popularly known as the Devil's advocate (Latin: advocatus diaboli), was a canon lawyer appointed by Church authorities to argue against the canonization of a candidate.[1] It was this person’s job to take a skeptical view of the candidate's character, to look for holes in the evidence, to argue that any miracles attributed to the candidate were fraudulent, and so on. The Devil's advocate opposed God's advocate (Latin: advocatus Dei; also known as the Promoter of the Cause), whose task was to make the argument in favor of canonization. This task is now performed by the Promoter of Justice (promotor iustitiae), who is in charge of examining how accurate is the inquiry on the saintliness of the candidate

W

WALMART

Continued...

The greatest evils in the world spring from the natural order, and only by challenging the corruption can it hope to be cured. As such, it's beneficial to present ideas running counter to the contextual paradigms, and seek out other possibilities. By doing so, all irrationalities can be further repaired. The goal doesn't lie in convincing; it lies in expansion. There's always uncharted or incorrectly mapped territories within our worldviews. By going out into the @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15886" target="_blank">superunknown</a> and conquering its dangers, we shall in the end emerge triumphant and restore freedom for us all!

is it to the sky?