User Tag List

First 234

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Fusion View Post
    Haha that's weird. I tend to get more and more confident about my conclusions the longer I think about them. Extra thinking time equals extra "objectivity" in my brain, because I tend to flush out all the subjective stuff as soon as I find it.

Is that a Ti/Ni difference? I'd NEVER think of an "ideal scenario" first when asking philosophical questions lol!
    Wha. U sure ur Ti?

Unless your questions are so penetratingly exact in their scrupulosity.

Jung pretty much precluded the Ti type to be riddled with inconclusive thought.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Wha. U sure ur Ti?

Unless your questions are so penetratingly exact in their scrupulosity.

Jung pretty much precluded the Ti type to be riddled with inconclusive thought.
    Well, if I'm not INTP then I don't have a type.

I never said I reached many conclusions. I'm always revisiting my thoughts and rethinking them all over again in case I forgot something haha. It's rare my logic itself changes, but there's always more information, or I'll think, "Oh, but if I look at this from this perspective..." and it shifts the whole model in my head. And my views develop much more towards the truth as time goes on, in this kind of pattern.

That's what I meant. If that's an INTP method, then great. If not, it doesn't really matter haha.

Socionics
    ILI

Haha that's weird. I tend to get more and more confident about my conclusions the longer I think about them. Extra thinking time equals extra "objectivity" in my brain, because I tend to flush out all the subjective stuff as soon as I find it.

Is that a Ti/Ni difference? I'd NEVER think of an "ideal scenario" first when asking philosophical questions lol!
    Part of the reason I didn't want to share the more constructed version is because of what you describe as extra objectivity in your mind. Cognitive functions, while described as extroverted and introverted, actually entail objectivity and subjectivity. Te, for instance, is an objective function, it looks for information and facts outside of the mind to organize the environment for interpretation, while Ti is a subjective function, for it internally expands upon knowledge that has been gathered, making the concept based on the user's logic rather than outside evidence (objectivity). Therefore, I feel that the inception of an idea via an introverted function is much more objective than an idea that has been explored and expanded upon internally.

Truth be told, the reason I think of ideal scenarios for spirituality is because I strongly contempt the idea that we will eventually cease to exist, and I would prefer not to explore the negative options first.

WALMART

Well, if I'm not INTP then I don't have a type.

I never said I reached many conclusions. I'm always revisiting my thoughts and rethinking them all over again in case I forgot something haha. It's rare my logic itself changes, but there's always more information, or I'll think, "Oh, but if I look at this from this perspective..." and it shifts the whole model in my head. And my views develop much more towards the truth as time goes on, in this kind of pattern.

That's what I meant. If that's an INTP method, then great. If not, it doesn't really matter haha.
    Ah, so it does mold. Just requesting more information.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Part of the reason I didn't want to share the more constructed version is because of what you describe as extra objectivity in your mind. Cognitive functions, while described as extroverted and introverted, actually entail objectivity and subjectivity. Te, for instance, is an objective function, it looks for information and facts outside of the mind to organize the environment for interpretation, while Ti is a subjective function, for it internally expands upon knowledge that has been gathered, making the concept based on the user's logic rather than outside evidence (objectivity). Therefore, I feel that the inception of an idea via an introverted function is much more objective than an idea that has been explored and expanded upon internally.

Truth be told, the reason I think of ideal scenarios for spirituality is because I strongly contempt the idea that we will eventually cease to exist, and I would prefer not to explore the negative options first.
    I understand what you mean by Ti being subjective, which is probably why it takes me so long to explain my conclusions to others haha.

You see, if you were being intellectually honest, you'd see that there aren't any "positive" or "negative" options here. That's your own feelings getting in the way of what should be a purely objective exploration of the idea.