User Tag List

123 Last

Default Close minded and traditional people

I know, that everyone is different and everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want and it is not my business to change their beliefs. But I really hate when someone says "I am very open person and like novelties" and suddenly they start a pointless arguments that just prove they are not. I am disappointed by people and how they think about vegetarians. Only because I don't eat meat and others find it socially tolerated behavior I am wierd...I am wierd because I don't think killing lives just because they can taste good should be socially tolerated. I am weird because I don't vote and care about politics. Yes I find the system we live in economically slaving and I won't be a part of its political propaganda. I am weird because when I say , that complaining about politicians doesn't make any sense most of the people probably think they are very important when they make pointless arguments. Probably shitting about prime minister is the highest point open mindness they are able to reach. I am also weird because I say religions are brainwashing and doubt the existence of god...I know why people need to believe in something like this, but why do they have the need to tell me how important it is to believe in god? When I say them scientific facts that disprove religions, they look at me like at barbaric being. But when they tell me all the fact from bible it's the best thing ever and I need to sit and listen. Why? Why the hell people like this call themselves open minded? Honestly...how many people are willing to tolerate anything new?

A lot of the times people who are "closed-minded" are that way because they haven't really ever interacted with those particular traits or beliefs. Obviously it doesn't always happen this way, but if they actually know someone like that and see they are just a person too, doing their best in terms of their own experiences and conscience, and that this person is not a direct threat to their own way of life and happiness, a lot of the stigma goes away.

It is wariness of the unknown for a great many people. Not all though, of course.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    yupp

I get mistaken for closed minded because I believe people's beliefs are their own and if it's not harming anyone it doesn't matter. I'll listen to others beliefs bit doesn't mean I'm going to charge mine

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I get mistaken for closed minded because I believe people's beliefs are their own and if it's not harming anyone it doesn't matter. I'll listen to others beliefs bit doesn't mean I'm going to charge mine
    What's your views on animal rights, vegetarianism etc? It does harm the animals you know.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

These people that you refer to are known as SJ E1's.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I know, that everyone is different and everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want and it is not my business to change their beliefs.
    But this is where closed minded comes into play. Traditional people don't have to be closed minded at all--nor are non-traditional people open minded. You seem just as closed off as the people you're complaining about right now.

I am disappointed by people and how they think about vegetarians. Only because I don't eat meat and others find it socially tolerated behavior I am wierd.
    It IS a bit weird. An understandable weird, but you cannot think that being a vegetarian is the norm of society. Our bodies were built to handle both vegetables and meat, and it is in our instincts to eat such. There are moral reasons behind vegetarianism, health reasons, etc. etc.
    And to be honest, no agenda has ever been pushed so hard on me as the one to stop the eating of animals. Vegetarianism is non traditional. And there are very complex arguments for both sides of the story. But I feel like that's something you sort of have to prepare yourself for when you choose to do things like that. Being a vegetarian is just higher on your priorities than being seen as normal to society. Which is fine--but it seems a little off to be upset that not everyone agrees with you--and that some of those people are vocal.
    The way I dress isn't very traditional.. and I am frequently mistaken for being a boy because of it. It isn't my intentions, but if I got mad every time someone assumed I was a boy I would have myself to look at--not others. And I've had some pretty awful, disgusting insults thrown my way just for choosing to wear an oversized hoodie and loose jeans on a cold day.

I am weird because I don't vote and care about politics. Yes I find the system we live in economically slaving and I won't be a part of its political propaganda.
    Again pretty closed-minded statement. It can also be said that unless you're actively working to tear down the current structure.. then you're pretty much feeding the system with apathy and quiet acceptance. A lack of voice and vote is a vote in the winning direction--whatever is winning during that time. There is a reason that voting was such a big deal throughout any country's history. And there are good people in politics trying to do good things. These guys usually lose because no one cares enough to hear about them, read about them, and support them. And they're fighting the uphill non-profit battle.

I am also weird because I say religions are brainwashing and doubt the existence of god...I know why people need to believe in something like this, but why do they have the need to tell me how important it is to believe in god?
    Why do vegetarians tell me chickens are being abused when I don't really care? I am weird to be that way to vegetarians.. but to me, if they wanted a cruelty-free farm, they'd start one. Telling me to not eat chickens isn't really the answer. I'm still going to eat chicken. So, a viable solution would be to be open minded and compromise by offering a farm that's quite sweet to the chickens and then selling them. But they're SO strict on their moral beliefs about eating meat that that's not really a viable answer.. and so, there's really no compromising.

It's like that with many subjects. No one wants to betray what they feel is right. And I don't expect them to.. but at the same time, people need to know it's an impasse that just exists. Nothing to be angry about.

To truly believe something is there that is wonderful of any sort.. it is hard not to plug it into your life. Religion is a complex subject.. I feel like if you truly did know why people need to believe in these sort of things, you wouldn't be asking that question.

When I say them scientific facts that disprove religions, they look at me like at barbaric being. But when they tell me all the fact from bible it's the best thing ever and I need to sit and listen. Why? Why the hell people like this call themselves open minded? Honestly...how many people are willing to tolerate anything new?
    I feel like you're just feeding the fire. Because the truth is, you're not expected to sit and listen to anything. You can easily, and politely, speak up and mention you just differ in this area and do not wish to discuss the topic without being rude. I have declined many political discussions before and no one has ever thought I was being an ass for doing it.

People know that there are others out there that don't believe what they do. And I have a feeling you're not really friends with a lot (or any?) of hard-and-fast Christians. If you are, they know who you are by now.. It isn't difficult to just simply decline conversation in that regard. Don't expect censorship.. If you ask a Christian why bad things are happening, they'll tell you it's because you turned away from God. So take it with a grain of salt.

If you're throwing out science stuff as if it were the end-all save-all facts of life, you're doing the exact same thing those Christians are from the opposite side. Science has not proven anything against religion. Science itself has said that. There are many scientists that are still religious. It is still viable for many complex reasons--it isn't just a band-aid approach to life. And many of its biggest theories are still just that--theories. Not proven. Able to be changed when the first shred of hard evidence contrary to it comes its way.

You can be open minded and be completely not-up-for-negotiation on a subject too. There are Christians who will not betray their religion for anything--but are also believing that homosexuality is not a disorder and should have equal rights.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I know, that everyone is different and everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want and it is not my business to change their beliefs.
    But this is where closed minded comes into play. Traditional people don't have to be closed minded at all--nor are non-traditional people open minded. You seem just as closed off as the people you're complaining about right now.

I am disappointed by people and how they think about vegetarians. Only because I don't eat meat and others find it socially tolerated behavior I am wierd.
    It IS a bit weird. An understandable weird, but you cannot think that being a vegetarian is the norm of society. Our bodies were built to handle both vegetables and meat, and it is in our instincts to eat such. There are moral reasons behind vegetarianism, health reasons, etc. etc.
    And to be honest, no agenda has ever been pushed so hard on me as the one to stop the eating of animals. Vegetarianism is non traditional. And there are very complex arguments for both sides of the story. But I feel like that's something you sort of have to prepare yourself for when you choose to do things like that. Being a vegetarian is just higher on your priorities than being seen as normal to society. Which is fine--but it seems a little off to be upset that not everyone agrees with you--and that some of those people are vocal.
    The way I dress isn't very traditional.. and I am frequently mistaken for being a boy because of it. It isn't my intentions, but if I got mad every time someone assumed I was a boy I would have myself to look at--not others. And I've had some pretty awful, disgusting insults thrown my way just for choosing to wear an oversized hoodie and loose jeans on a cold day.

I am weird because I don't vote and care about politics. Yes I find the system we live in economically slaving and I won't be a part of its political propaganda.
    Again pretty closed-minded statement. It can also be said that unless you're actively working to tear down the current structure.. then you're pretty much feeding the system with apathy and quiet acceptance. A lack of voice and vote is a vote in the winning direction--whatever is winning during that time. There is a reason that voting was such a big deal throughout any country's history. And there are good people in politics trying to do good things. These guys usually lose because no one cares enough to hear about them, read about them, and support them. And they're fighting the uphill non-profit battle.

I am also weird because I say religions are brainwashing and doubt the existence of god...I know why people need to believe in something like this, but why do they have the need to tell me how important it is to believe in god?
    Why do vegetarians tell me chickens are being abused when I don't really care? I am weird to be that way to vegetarians.. but to me, if they wanted a cruelty-free farm, they'd start one. Telling me to not eat chickens isn't really the answer. I'm still going to eat chicken. So, a viable solution would be to be open minded and compromise by offering a farm that's quite sweet to the chickens and then selling them. But they're SO strict on their moral beliefs about eating meat that that's not really a viable answer.. and so, there's really no compromising.

It's like that with many subjects. No one wants to betray what they feel is right. And I don't expect them to.. but at the same time, people need to know it's an impasse that just exists. Nothing to be angry about.

To truly believe something is there that is wonderful of any sort.. it is hard not to plug it into your life. Religion is a complex subject.. I feel like if you truly did know why people need to believe in these sort of things, you wouldn't be asking that question.

When I say them scientific facts that disprove religions, they look at me like at barbaric being. But when they tell me all the fact from bible it's the best thing ever and I need to sit and listen. Why? Why the hell people like this call themselves open minded? Honestly...how many people are willing to tolerate anything new?
    I feel like you're just feeding the fire. Because the truth is, you're not expected to sit and listen to anything. You can easily, and politely, speak up and mention you just differ in this area and do not wish to discuss the topic without being rude. I have declined many political discussions before and no one has ever thought I was being an ass for doing it.

People know that there are others out there that don't believe what they do. And I have a feeling you're not really friends with a lot (or any?) of hard-and-fast Christians. If you are, they know who you are by now.. It isn't difficult to just simply decline conversation in that regard. Don't expect censorship.. If you ask a Christian why bad things are happening, they'll tell you it's because you turned away from God. So take it with a grain of salt.

If you're throwing out science stuff as if it were the end-all save-all facts of life, you're doing the exact same thing those Christians are from the opposite side. Science has not proven anything against religion. Science itself has said that. There are many scientists that are still religious. It is still viable for many complex reasons--it isn't just a band-aid approach to life. And many of its biggest theories are still just that--theories. Not proven. Able to be changed when the first shred of hard evidence contrary to it comes its way.

You can be open minded and be completely not-up-for-negotiation on a subject too. There are Christians who will not betray their religion for anything--but are also believing that homosexuality is not a disorder and should have equal rights.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

In the US there is a decent amount of cruelty involved in the harvesting of produce. It's just against humans instead of animals.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

@kyuuei Yes, you're right....being a vegetarian is not a social norm. But so far I only met people who tell me how weird and unnatural it is to be a vegetarian. Usually I just sit and don't say anything at all to these people, because I know talking about animals cruelty with them it's pointless. I know I won't change their mind...but yesterday I was literally attacked by a woman who started to yell at me all the arguments for eating meat...I just sat and listen...Because I knew attacking someone else's beliefs is pointless and wrong. About politics...I said how meaningless it is to just keep shitting about politics and not do anything at all. I was in the first line when there was protest against corruption in politics. Not voting doesn't mean not to be politically active. I am politically active in protests, but not in votings to goverment. And the religion, I know this is it. So I believe in science, they believe in god. Why the hell they won't let me to believe in science, but instead they try to feed me with sayings from bible?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    What's your views on animal rights, vegetarianism etc? It does harm the animals you know.
    why should I answer you? I'm stupid according to you.