• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Praising Omnipotence/Under New Management

W

WALMART

The first words I spoke this morning were "He can shove it up his ass and go fuck himself."

This was my response to being immediately informed upon arriving for work that I should be on my toes, we have a new General Manager.

Why is omnipotence inherently respected and feared among us Earthlings?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Power must justify itself. – People in power must serve the subjects.

And for the virtue of self-mastery, that's willpower, the greatest form of them all.

Command thyself, and one can control the world (without enslaving others)!

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A general manager isn't omnipotent. His/her powers are infact extremely limited by procedure, human rights, and general human inabilities. But you already knew that.

Fearing and respecting omnipotence would be a pretty darn good survival strategy. There is also something to be said about respect being mistakenly conferred on the powerful based on the, to humans intuitive, assumption that the powerful are deserving/earned their power. Honor by association.