User Tag List

123 Last

Default Deconstruction and Mole

Is Mole the destroyer of worlds?

Or is Mole the destroyer of world views?

Or is Mole merely a deconstructionist?

Or is Mole trying to escape from The Truman Show?

Does it matter when Mole pulls down another world view? And how does Mole feel as he gazes on his handiwork?

When Mole removes all familiar reference points is Mole as lost as the rest of us?

Is it that Mole doesn't know what to do when the world view comes tumbling down like the Walls of Jerico?

Does Mole start to panic when he doesn't know what to do? Does Mole have trouble breathing when all context is lost?

Why does Mole resist creating a new context in which he can breathe?

Why is Mole so in love with deconstruction that he risks everything? He risks his friendships, he risks his peace of mind, he even risks you.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Enneagram

Good question, Mole. I think it's worth noting that contexts don't have to be perfect for them to work. A slightly warped frame of reference is probably more useful/satisfying than none at all. There is no perfect frame, and knowing its flaws doesn't immediately render that frame useless, you just have to account/compensate for the flaws when you're using it, as best as you can. Knowledge of other frames, can help to give you perspective. You kinda just have to make your guess and just jump in.

Edit: not sure I know what Mole or I am talking about

Default Doris Lessing, Simone Weil, Albert Camus and Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Good question, Mole. I think it's worth noting that contexts don't have to be perfect for them to work. A slightly warped frame of reference is probably more useful/satisfying than none at all. There is no perfect frame, and knowing its flaws doesn't immediately render that frame useless, you just have to account/compensate for the flaws when you're using it, as best as you can. Knowledge of other frames, can help to give you perspective. You kinda just have to make your guess and just jump in.

Edit: not sure I know what Mole or I am talking about
    Well, we are talking about The Truman Show where the context is invisible to Truman.

So the job of the deconstructivist is to make the context visible to Truman.

But what a shock for Truman to discover that everything he thought was real was in fact a false fascade.

Some might say a false fascade is better than no fascade but the people I love like, Doris Lessing, Simone Weil (pronounce Vey), and Albert Camus, first understood the fascade then pulled it down.

Can I do any less?

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well, we are talking about The Truman Show where the context is invisible to Truman.

So the job of the deconstructivist is to make the context visible to Truman.

But what a shock for Truman to discover that everything he thought was real was in fact a false fascade.

Some might say a false fascade is better than no fascade but the people I love like, Doris Lessing, Simone Weil (pronounce Vey), and Albert Camus, first understood the fascade then pulled it down.

Can I do any less?
    Pulling down the facade doesn't mean you can no longer engage with the facade. You just simply engage with it in a way that is informed by the knowledge that it's a facade. It's like when you realize you're in a dream and so you can suddenly decide to fly, and control the reality of the dream.

I'm not impressed by people who can prove it's all a dream. A lot of people realize they're in a dream. The hard part is using that knowledge meaningfully.

TBH, I've always preferred Frankl to Camus. Frankl gives me SOMETHING to work with, at least.

Pulling down the facade doesn't mean you can no longer engage with the facade. You just simply engage with it in a way that is informed by the knowledge that it's a facade. It's like when you realize you're in a dream and so you can suddenly decide to fly, and control the reality of the dream.

I'm not impressed by people who can prove it's all a dream. A lot of people realize they're in a dream. The hard part is using that knowledge meaningfully.

TBH, I've always preferred Frankl to Camus. Frankl gives me SOMETHING to work with, at least.
    Albert Camus leaves us with nothing, as do Doris Lessing and Simone Weil.

They take us through the world and leave us with nothing in order to leave us free - the greatest gift.

And we can't help but love them for it.

Enneagram

Albert Camus leaves us with nothing, as do Doris Lessing and Simone Weil.

They take us through the world and leave us with nothing in order to leave us free - the greatest gift.

And we can't help but love them for it.
    I see what you're saying. So now that you're free, what do you want to do, liberate others?

I see what you're saying. So now that you're free, what do you want to do, liberate others?
    Now that I am free, I don't know what to do.

And not knowing what to do, I am thrown back onto being.

I was thrown into being when I was born, and now I have been reborn into being.

A mewling helpless babe.

Enneagram

Now that I am free, I don't know what to do.

And not knowing what to do, I am thrown back onto being.

I was thrown into being when I was born, and now I have been reborn into being.

A mulling puling helpless babe.
    Yeah, it's scary and seems incomprehensible, but you'll get there. Everything feels like that at first. It's like starting a new job, except this isn't a job, it's The Job.

Yeah, it's scary and seems incomprehensible, but you'll get there. Everything feels like that at first. It's like starting a new job, except this isn't a job, it's The Job.
    Of course I don't want a new job.

Having learnt to deconstruct my old job, I would only deconstruct a new job.

No, I am jobless, homeless.

There is no getting there for me because there is no there.

I am only here.