• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Deconstruction and Mole

Mole

Permabanned
Is Mole the destroyer of worlds?

Or is Mole the destroyer of world views?

Or is Mole merely a deconstructionist?

Or is Mole trying to escape from The Truman Show?

Does it matter when Mole pulls down another world view? And how does Mole feel as he gazes on his handiwork?

When Mole removes all familiar reference points is Mole as lost as the rest of us?

Is it that Mole doesn't know what to do when the world view comes tumbling down like the Walls of Jerico?

Does Mole start to panic when he doesn't know what to do? Does Mole have trouble breathing when all context is lost?

Why does Mole resist creating a new context in which he can breathe?

Why is Mole so in love with deconstruction that he risks everything? He risks his friendships, he risks his peace of mind, he even risks you.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

images

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Good question, Mole. I think it's worth noting that contexts don't have to be perfect for them to work. A slightly warped frame of reference is probably more useful/satisfying than none at all. There is no perfect frame, and knowing its flaws doesn't immediately render that frame useless, you just have to account/compensate for the flaws when you're using it, as best as you can. Knowledge of other frames, can help to give you perspective. You kinda just have to make your guess and just jump in.

Edit: not sure I know what Mole or I am talking about

Mole

Permabanned
Doris Lessing, Simone Weil, Albert Camus and Truman

Good question, Mole. I think it's worth noting that contexts don't have to be perfect for them to work. A slightly warped frame of reference is probably more useful/satisfying than none at all. There is no perfect frame, and knowing its flaws doesn't immediately render that frame useless, you just have to account/compensate for the flaws when you're using it, as best as you can. Knowledge of other frames, can help to give you perspective. You kinda just have to make your guess and just jump in.

Edit: not sure I know what Mole or I am talking about

Well, we are talking about The Truman Show where the context is invisible to Truman.

So the job of the deconstructivist is to make the context visible to Truman.

But what a shock for Truman to discover that everything he thought was real was in fact a false fascade.

Some might say a false fascade is better than no fascade but the people I love like, Doris Lessing, Simone Weil (pronounce Vey), and Albert Camus, first understood the fascade then pulled it down.

Can I do any less?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well, we are talking about The Truman Show where the context is invisible to Truman.

So the job of the deconstructivist is to make the context visible to Truman.

But what a shock for Truman to discover that everything he thought was real was in fact a false fascade.

Some might say a false fascade is better than no fascade but the people I love like, Doris Lessing, Simone Weil (pronounce Vey), and Albert Camus, first understood the fascade then pulled it down.

Can I do any less?

Pulling down the facade doesn't mean you can no longer engage with the facade. You just simply engage with it in a way that is informed by the knowledge that it's a facade. It's like when you realize you're in a dream and so you can suddenly decide to fly, and control the reality of the dream.

I'm not impressed by people who can prove it's all a dream. A lot of people realize they're in a dream. The hard part is using that knowledge meaningfully.

TBH, I've always preferred Frankl to Camus. Frankl gives me SOMETHING to work with, at least.

Mole

Permabanned
Pulling down the facade doesn't mean you can no longer engage with the facade. You just simply engage with it in a way that is informed by the knowledge that it's a facade. It's like when you realize you're in a dream and so you can suddenly decide to fly, and control the reality of the dream.

I'm not impressed by people who can prove it's all a dream. A lot of people realize they're in a dream. The hard part is using that knowledge meaningfully.

TBH, I've always preferred Frankl to Camus. Frankl gives me SOMETHING to work with, at least.

Albert Camus leaves us with nothing, as do Doris Lessing and Simone Weil.

They take us through the world and leave us with nothing in order to leave us free - the greatest gift.

And we can't help but love them for it.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Albert Camus leaves us with nothing, as do Doris Lessing and Simone Weil.

They take us through the world and leave us with nothing in order to leave us free - the greatest gift.

And we can't help but love them for it.

I see what you're saying. So now that you're free, what do you want to do, liberate others?

Mole

Permabanned
I see what you're saying. So now that you're free, what do you want to do, liberate others?

Now that I am free, I don't know what to do.

And not knowing what to do, I am thrown back onto being.

I was thrown into being when I was born, and now I have been reborn into being.

A mewling helpless babe.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Now that I am free, I don't know what to do.

And not knowing what to do, I am thrown back onto being.

I was thrown into being when I was born, and now I have been reborn into being.

A mulling puling helpless babe.

Yeah, it's scary and seems incomprehensible, but you'll get there. Everything feels like that at first. It's like starting a new job, except this isn't a job, it's The Job.

Mole

Permabanned
Yeah, it's scary and seems incomprehensible, but you'll get there. Everything feels like that at first. It's like starting a new job, except this isn't a job, it's The Job.

Of course I don't want a new job.

Having learnt to deconstruct my old job, I would only deconstruct a new job.

No, I am jobless, homeless.

There is no getting there for me because there is no there.

I am only here.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Of course I don't want a new job.

Having learnt to deconstruct my old job, I would only deconstruct a new job.

No, I am jobless, homeless.

There is no getting there for me because there is no there.

I am only here.

Are you, though? I wager that most of the time you behave as though it's all real.

Mole

Permabanned
Are you, though? I wager that most of the time you behave as though it's all real.

Well, you plainly don't believe what I say.

And not believing what I say, you invalidate me.

Am I that much of a threat to you?

First you try to console me and now you invalidate me. Anything, anything, but come face to face with being.

Is being such a threat to you, it must be buried by doing?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well, you plainly don't believe what I say.

And not believing what I say, you invalidate me.

Am I that much of a threat to you?

First you try to console me and now you invalidate me. Anything, anything, but come face to face with being.

Is being such a threat to you, it must be buried by doing?

No, no, I'm sorry. I guess I was just projecting my own experience. I find that in my more contemplative moods I think it's all a facade, but then life demands I respond to it, and suddenly I engage with it as if I believed it was real. It makes me question if I am the guy contemplating, or the guy acting.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are deconstructionists on this forum who don't even know they are deconstructionists. That is the worst kind of follower.

Mole

Permabanned
The Truman Show and the Catcher in the Rye

There are deconstructionists on this forum who don't even know they are deconstructionists. That is the worst kind of follower.

Deconstruction is a conscious activity.

And deconstruction moves from the unconscious taken-for-granted to conscious awareness.

The Truman Show illustrates this perfectly where Truman happily takes for granted the comfortable world around him, until he starts to see cracks in it. And then he starts to supect his taken-for-granted world is phoney. And then he tries to escape.

And the taken-for-granted world is a comfortable prison. And the only thing to do when in prison is to escape.

We can see this same kind of awareness starting to operate in, The Catcher in the Rye, where the cracks in the adult world become apparent, and the adult world, previously taken for granted, is seen as phoney.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is Mole the destroyer of worlds?

Or is Mole the destroyer of world views?

Or is Mole merely a deconstructionist?

Or is Mole trying to escape from The Truman Show?

Does it matter when Mole pulls down another world view? And how does Mole feel as he gazes on his handiwork?

When Mole removes all familiar reference points is Mole as lost as the rest of us?

Is it that Mole doesn't know what to do when the world view comes tumbling down like the Walls of Jerico?

Does Mole start to panic when he doesn't know what to do? Does Mole have trouble breathing when all context is lost?

Why does Mole resist creating a new context in which he can breathe?

Why is Mole so in love with deconstruction that he risks everything? He risks his friendships, he risks his peace of mind, he even risks you.

Iconoclasm is fun. Embrace it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Deconstruction is a conscious activity.

And deconstruction moves from the unconscious taken-for-granted to conscious awareness.

The Truman Show illustrates this perfectly where Truman happily takes for granted the comfortable world around him, until he starts to see cracks in it. And then he starts to supect his taken-for-granted world is phoney. And then he tries to escape.

And the taken-for-granted world is a comfortable prison. And the only thing to do when in prison is to escape.

We can see this same kind of awareness starting to operate in, The Catcher in the Rye, where the cracks in the adult world become apparent, and the adult world, previously taken for granted, is seen as phoney.

So you 'escape' from one prison to another.