User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Of course I don't want a new job.

    Having learnt to deconstruct my old job, I would only deconstruct a new job.

    No, I am jobless, homeless.

    There is no getting there for me because there is no there.

    I am only here.
    Are you, though? I wager that most of the time you behave as though it's all real.

  2. #12
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Are you, though? I wager that most of the time you behave as though it's all real.
    Well, you plainly don't believe what I say.

    And not believing what I say, you invalidate me.

    Am I that much of a threat to you?

    First you try to console me and now you invalidate me. Anything, anything, but come face to face with being.

    Is being such a threat to you, it must be buried by doing?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well, you plainly don't believe what I say.

    And not believing what I say, you invalidate me.

    Am I that much of a threat to you?

    First you try to console me and now you invalidate me. Anything, anything, but come face to face with being.

    Is being such a threat to you, it must be buried by doing?
    No, no, I'm sorry. I guess I was just projecting my own experience. I find that in my more contemplative moods I think it's all a facade, but then life demands I respond to it, and suddenly I engage with it as if I believed it was real. It makes me question if I am the guy contemplating, or the guy acting.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    There are deconstructionists on this forum who don't even know they are deconstructionists. That is the worst kind of follower.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #15
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Oh yes, here is an introduction to The Truman Show -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglzPcTx7oU

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default The Truman Show and the Catcher in the Rye

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    There are deconstructionists on this forum who don't even know they are deconstructionists. That is the worst kind of follower.
    Deconstruction is a conscious activity.

    And deconstruction moves from the unconscious taken-for-granted to conscious awareness.

    The Truman Show illustrates this perfectly where Truman happily takes for granted the comfortable world around him, until he starts to see cracks in it. And then he starts to supect his taken-for-granted world is phoney. And then he tries to escape.

    And the taken-for-granted world is a comfortable prison. And the only thing to do when in prison is to escape.

    We can see this same kind of awareness starting to operate in, The Catcher in the Rye, where the cracks in the adult world become apparent, and the adult world, previously taken for granted, is seen as phoney.

  7. #17
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Is Mole the destroyer of worlds?

    Or is Mole the destroyer of world views?

    Or is Mole merely a deconstructionist?

    Or is Mole trying to escape from The Truman Show?

    Does it matter when Mole pulls down another world view? And how does Mole feel as he gazes on his handiwork?

    When Mole removes all familiar reference points is Mole as lost as the rest of us?

    Is it that Mole doesn't know what to do when the world view comes tumbling down like the Walls of Jerico?

    Does Mole start to panic when he doesn't know what to do? Does Mole have trouble breathing when all context is lost?

    Why does Mole resist creating a new context in which he can breathe?

    Why is Mole so in love with deconstruction that he risks everything? He risks his friendships, he risks his peace of mind, he even risks you.
    Iconoclasm is fun. Embrace it.

  8. #18
    Junior Member elemenop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    [questions]
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/di...uare.html?_r=0


  9. #19
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Deconstruction is a conscious activity.

    And deconstruction moves from the unconscious taken-for-granted to conscious awareness.

    The Truman Show illustrates this perfectly where Truman happily takes for granted the comfortable world around him, until he starts to see cracks in it. And then he starts to supect his taken-for-granted world is phoney. And then he tries to escape.

    And the taken-for-granted world is a comfortable prison. And the only thing to do when in prison is to escape.

    We can see this same kind of awareness starting to operate in, The Catcher in the Rye, where the cracks in the adult world become apparent, and the adult world, previously taken for granted, is seen as phoney.
    So you 'escape' from one prison to another.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #20
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Iconoclasm is fun. Embrace it.
    When my stock manager became too anal retentive and threatened to ban food at work because of a personal preference I pulled down his paper sign!

    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. What's the difference between deconstruction and analysis?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO